games you used to be good at....

3,099 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by nomad2007
jokershady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
anyone ever experienced this? random thought...

a long time ago me and a friend would play all the super star wars games on super Nintendo...particularly ROTJ...and I loved it and beat it....

a ways back I had the opportunity to play it, and....wow....I couldn't get past the second stage....for the life of me I was trying to figure out how I was good at that game before, but just couldn't....

anyone ever experienced this?
rbcs_2
AG
Super Mario World, and just platformers in general. I used to be awesome at them, but when I play them now I find myself missing jumps all the time. I've been playing SMW with my 4 year old and I get a little embarrassed about how bad I am.
agfan2013
AG
I used to be unstoppable at CoD2 multiplayer on the X360. Got recruited into a clan, but never played in very many clan matches.

Tried to play it a few years ago and was just average, almost every match had some glitching or cheating.
TX scallywAG
AG
Tiger Heli on NES, Paper Boy on NES

.... terrible now. 8 year old me would dominate me.
dfphotos
Section Z
Ulrich
I was an NCAA football god in 2004. My crowning achievement was probably beating my roommate (Florida) by four touchdowns with a sun belt team or hammering a neophyte (USC) by 60 with the Minutemen. Now I can usually stay within striking distance of average players, but only with extreme turnover avoidance and by sustaining drives to use up clock.
West Texan
AG
Super Mario Kart on the SNES. When I was a child I could dominate that game. Not so much anymore.

My 9 year old self would probably kick my ass in Street Fighter II, but that's mostly because I spent waaaay too much time playing when I was little.

Most N64 games I'm terrible at now because the graphics of the 3d polygons are hard on the eyes.
West Texan
AG
quote:
I was an NCAA football god in 2004. My crowning achievement was probably beating my roommate (Florida) by four touchdowns with a sun belt team or hammering a neophyte (USC) by 60 with the Minutemen. Now I can usually stay within striking distance of average players, but only with extreme turnover avoidance and by sustaining drives to use up clock.

I peeked on Madden about the same time. Now I just suck at football games.
aggieforester05
AG
I used to play a lot of tiger woods on ps2 in college. I shot a 36 on 18 holes once using no mulligans or putt assist.
Seven Psycho Ags
I joke that I'm a washed up gamer like the washed up athletes you see (I am 25). I sometimes feel so old and slow playing games, but a lot of the time I'm still the best in the room or server so it kind of comes and goes.
wangus12
AG
NCAA Football and Super Smash Brothers
Fenrir
Tron

Went to a bar/arcade place a while back and tried it out again. It's hard to go back to a game with terrible controls after playing modern games where even the worst controls are more accurate than they were 20 years ago.
Predmid
AG
I won tournaments in Natural Selection way back when.

bunny hopping skulk domination ftw!
gumby579
AG
starsiege tribes
Aggiethruthicknthin
AG
started playing super tecmo bowl (NES) again about a month ago the first few games were kinda brutal. Gotten better now.
MSCAg
AG
N64 wrestling game. Used to kick anybody's ass.
flintdragon
AG
Descent
PooDoo
AG
digital_ag
AG
Counter-strike.
heddleston
AG
i discovered a few weeks ago that i had completely forgotten how to play Smash Brothers. i was never good to begin with, but holy cow, i was losing at practice mode.
slickag2007
AG
Mega Man. I used to be able to beat them, but just don't seem to have the ability anymore.
whiteman
Tecmo Bowl - only lost once as a kid. Tried playing it again and i suck. NHL 92, late 90's Madden and college football, i imagine the same with those.
PapaKilo
AG
Battletoads. Beat it without dying every time.
MW03
AG
Any first person shooter. Can't keep up with the kids anymore.
E.KingTrill
quote:

Dude me too! I tried to play a few years ago and couldn't even make it through the first level.
cone
AG
NHL '94
Fenrir
quote:

Nobody believes you.
cone
AG
F-Zero
digital_ag
AG
Those NHL games were awesome. I remember on one of those yearly releases on Sega G you could circle around behind the net with the puck and flash across the goalie and get a goal 90% of the time.
cone
AG
yeah, used to could do that
bmc13
AG
goldeneye. playing 4 player on a tiny 9 inch screen.

West Texan
AG
quote:

**** Battletoads.
Guitarsoup
AG
I won the Baylor student tournament for Goldeneye my freshman year using a friend's Baylor student I'd.
Kampfers
AG
Madden 04-07 (I think 07 had Shaun Alexander - whichever one that was happened to be my favorite Madden. It also marked a steady decline in my skills until I quit buying the series). FIFA world cup 06. That old rugby game EA sports made on ps2 (mainly because no one else knew how to play). Star wars battlefront (1&2).

Now I'm a moderate to poor madden player, at least on Madden 25 (thanks ea access!) Still good at FIFA, I still enjoy the rugby game from time to time when I bust out the ps2, and I remain godly at battlefront (friends and I still play it every now and then).

[This message has been edited by kampfers (edited 8/20/2014 7:22p).]
Walter Kovacs
AG
Day of Defeat. I miss that game.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.