Ready Player One

2,423 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Wildmen03
kb2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anybody else read this book? I read it over the weekend and it was fantastic. I'd recommend it for anybody who enjoys video games or grew up in the 80s

http://www.amazon.com/Ready-Player-One-A-Novel/dp/0307887448

Get on the list for this one from your library, great book. Just under 400 pages, and reads pretty quickly
04texag
AG
This book is amazing, read it two summers ago and then re-read it for the paperback release and Cline's contest for the delorian last summer.

Definite must read IMO
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Awesome book. Was super sad when it was over. Loved every minute.
heineman78
One of my faves!
javajaws
AG
Yep, loved that one. Does he have any other books out?
Jethro95
AG
Great book. Check out Snow Crash if you liked this one.
jr15aggie
AG
Yep, I thought it was awesome. Definitely a must if you grew up in the 80s and like sci-fi books. I'll have to read it again sometime. But I don't read as fast as some of you though... OP read it in a weekend, that's crazy fast compared to me!
javajaws
AG
It was a fast read for me as well. I guess growing up in the 80s helped lol.
TonsterPS
Texags is garbage
I only picked up on a handful of the 80s references and still loved the book. Oh how I wish he had planned it into a series.
MW03
AG
The production of the audio book with Wil Wheaton narrating is awesome as well. One of the few ones I can re-listen to multiple times.
jlb2957
AG
Great book... should have posted this in entertainment as more readers need to check this one out.
chipotle
Damn. Guess I have to read this meow.
KidDoc
AG
They got friggin Speilberg!!

http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/25/8291109/steven-spielberg-direct-ready-player-one-movie
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
kb2001
TexAgBolter
jr15aggie
AG
Could be an incredible movie. Hopefully they get the rights to those 80 flicks that he enters in the game so we can see the protagonist inside of Ferris Buehler.

But this should be good either way. Great book. I'll have to read it again soon. Hope they don't rush it from scene to scene like they did Enders Game. Make the movie longer if you have to.
04texag
AG
In saw clines update about this on FB and got really excited!
Wildmen03
AG
Downloaded the book to read later.
jeffk
AG
+1 on the audiobook read by Wheaton.

Awesome read!
Aggietaco
AG
quote:

Awesome read!
Agreed. Hadn't heard of it until earlier this year and listened to it on Audible a few months ago on my long commute. It was one of those that I was almost looking forward to the drive just to hear more.
chilidogfood
AG
quote:
quote:

Awesome read!
Agreed. Hadn't heard of it until earlier this year and listened to it on Audible a few months ago on my long commute. It was one of those that I was almost looking forward to the drive just to hear more.
+1
nai06
AG
I cant wait for his next book Armada which comes out in july

quote:
t's just another day of high school for Zack Lightman. He's daydreaming through another boring math class, with just one more month to go until graduation and freedomif he can make it that long without getting suspended again.

Then he glances out his classroom window and spots the flying saucer.

At first, Zack thinks he's going crazy. A minute later, he's sure of it. Because the UFO he's staring at is straight out of the videogame he plays every night, a hugely popular online flight simulator called Armadain which gamers just happen to be protecting the earth from alien invaders.

But what Zack's seeing is all too real. And his skillsas well as those of millions of gamers across the worldare going to be needed to save the earth from what's about to befall it.

Yet even as he and his new comrades scramble to prepare for the alien onslaught, Zack can't help thinking of all the science-fiction books, TV shows, and movies he grew up reading and watching, and wonder: Doesn't something about this scenario seem a little too familiar?
Wildmen03
AG
quote:
I cant wait for his next book Armada which comes out in july

quote:

Sounds like the movie Pixels coming out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.