*****OFFICIAL DESTINY XB-1 THREAD*****

353,470 Views | 3140 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LPHA
slickag2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here we go folks. Little over a month until launch! I'll transfer names from the Beta thread onto this one. If you haven't already, give us your platform of choice and your gamer tag.

****XBONE****

Slickg2007
Keester11
Schedonnardus
wreckt01
Drfishfingers18
Kampfers
Snizzler22
delpers
Thefeelofcotton
deathmullet76
debt2society
The Aggie
b1gbass1170
d0ndeEstaElBano
AverageJoeAg
slother93 (xb360)
JRyder05
JDAggie06
Tunejuice
madmarttigan
the7thS0N
TexAgBolter
gsprott
mightymidget04
BoerneAg03
Darth Pman
CRM1712
PILMER
superrufus99
Afterlife1987

JOIN THE CLAN!

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/142238
Kampfers
AG
Join the Clan
wee_ag
AG
XB1
deathmullet76
dcaggie04
AG
XB1
debt2society
Tomdoss92
AG
PS4 - twelfthman
jr15aggie
AG
The Aggie
Saxsoon
AG
Ps4 - Saxsoon
Saxsoon
AG
We will need each other apparently since raids are not part of matchmaking, they must be 6 friends
bigbass1170
AG
XB1
b1gbass1170
SECivil Ag-11
AG
ps4: slashvoid-13
herb96
AG
xb1: D0ndeEstaElBano

second character is a zero
Average Joe
AG
Xbone: AverageJoeAg
bearamedic99
AG
Xb1 superrufus99
jeffk
AG
Despite my griping, I'll be getting this at release. Already on the list for X1.
bearamedic99
AG
Does the titan not get a cape? I got to lvl 5 and when I clicked on mark of the risen on my armor breakdown, it simply showed my armored butt. I got the idea from the preview videos that everyone would have a form of cape.
ghostag12
AG
Xbox 1
Gh0stf4cek1ll4

I wasnt sure if I was gonna get the game. But then I played the beta, definitely looking forward to this one.
Seven Psycho Ags
Clan request sent!
bearamedic99
AG
Also, does matter which race you are ( awoken, human, or _______?)?
AggieVictor10
AG
Race is a purely cosmetic choice. There are no racial abilities like in other MMOs.
snizzler22
AG
Sent a clan request! I assume this is for raiding like with a guild, any other clan features? Matchmaking?
Saxsoon
AG
Just bought the Digital Guardians Pack. Can start playing at midnight without having to go to the store. Which is a shame because I bet the launch for this would be fun.
slickag2007
AG
I'm looking forward to the release. The gamestop by my house will probably blow it out pretty big. We'll see, I guess.
joemeister
AG
I've watched the main promo video Bungie put out on the Destiny website, but it left me with a few questions. Is this a pure 1st person shooter game in an MMO type environment? Or does it switch between 1st person and 3rd person? Is it purely a weapon/tech based game (guns/bombs/knives) or is there space magic involved?

For those of you who have played the beta, is the combat really as smooth as they depict in their videos? Is the story well done, or do y'all think that it will eventually devolve into a game where you log on just to play the PvP matches?

Finally, does the game feel like something that can be enjoyed as a casual player, or will they be severely handicapped because of a lack of high-end gear that can only be obtained by putting in long hours?

It's definitely a cool looking game.

Just thought of another question? Is this supposed to be cross-platform, I saw an interview saying that all platforms connect to the same world, but it didn't specifically say that PS4/3 players will be able to play with XB1/360 players. That would be an industry first if I'm not mistaken ...
agfan2013
AG
quote:
I've watched the main promo video Bungie put out on the Destiny website, but it left me with a few questions. Is this a pure 1st person shooter game in an MMO type environment? Or does it switch between 1st person and 3rd person? Is it purely a weapon/tech based game (guns/bombs/knives) or is there space magic involved?

Some magic/powers stuff but I would say its mainly based on weapons. It's predominantly first person, only time the camera goes to third person is when you visit the tower which is where everybody handouts out to pick up missions, equipment, etc. no fighting goes on. Or when you ride in a vehicle.

quote:
For those of you who have played the beta, is the combat really as smooth as they depict in their videos? Is the story well done, or do y'all think that it will eventually devolve into a game where you log on just to play the PvP matches?

Combat works pretty well, it seven feels similar to Halo, but definitely has it's own thing going for it. The control scheme works well and it's easy to use. They have been developing this backstory and universe for years, so yeah it's pretty in depth and I thought it was fairly interesting. We've only seen a couple of campaign missions so not sure on how well the story will be told through actual gameplay, cutscenes, etc. they have a ton of coop stuff planned so I don't think it will all just become PvP.

quote:
Finally, does the game feel like something that can be enjoyed as a casual player, or will they be severely handicapped because of a lack of high-end gear that can only be obtained by putting in long hours?

This is a big no in my opinion. You won't get the best experience out of this game if you only pick it up once a week and piddle around for a couple of hours. You will need to spend large amounts of time unlocking gear, missions, etc. and I think they really expect people to put a lot of hours into the game.

quote:
Just thought of another question? Is this supposed to be cross-platform, I saw an interview saying that all platforms connect to the same world, but it didn't specifically say that PS4/3 players will be able to play with XB1/360 players. That would be an industry first if I'm not mistaken ...

Cross generation as in: it's on the PS3 and 360, and the XB1 and PS4. But no, I don't think xbox guys will be able to play with playstation guys.
joemeister
AG
Thanks for the response. I haven't bought a new console yet (skipped the last generation) and was thinking about getting an XB1 to play this game. Actually just thought of another question, will you be able to play this with just an Xbox live account, or will it require a separate monthly fee?
agfan2013
AG
No separate subscription.

$60 for the game, $50 (or however much it is) for xbox live, and you are good to go. Plus DLC if you want it, but that won't be required
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
This is a big no in my opinion. You won't get the best experience out of this game if you only pick it up once a week and piddle around for a couple of hours. You will need to spend large amounts of time unlocking gear, missions, etc. and I think they really expect people to put a lot of hours into the game.

I'll add to this answer and sorta disagree. Most people will put in several hours in the first couple weeks and keep moving forward, but if you play solo (or with friends that have similar ranks) you will be fighting enemies that are of the same or similar level as you. The random players you encounter in the game will most likely be similar rank as you with similar gear... and even if they are ranked much higher the worst that can happen is they easily help you kill enemies.

But this game is built around the dangling carrot... they are going to entice you to play more by giving you a nice new gun, promising better powers if you can just rank up a little more, etc. It's not going to punish you for not playing as often as the hardcore, just don't get upset when you see guys with powerful guns, awesome looking armor, and cool abilities that will take you months to get.
agfan2013
AG
I agree with Jr, Bungie will definitely have something enticing you to play whether you're a level 2 or 30 (or whatever a high level will be in this game, I don't know the max).

But as he asked will you be missing out on stuff if you don't put a lot of hours in (he used the word "handicapped" which I think may be a bit strong, but not off base) and I definitely think that you will. There won't be a sense of accomplishment or that you've reached your potential at level 10 which might take somebody awhile if they only play an hour every day or two. You won't have near the amount of awesome weapons, armor, or equipment as other guys do if you don't play often, but that could be said for many games.
joemeister
AG
I've played various MMO type games at both the hard core and casual levels, I'm mostly interested in whether the PvP will be greatly skewed if you are casual. The only examples I can think of right now are WoW vs Guild Wars 2. In WoW, gear was everything (at least back when I played) whereas in GW2 the PvP is completely balanced and separate from the PvE content (it's all about class and skill level).
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Race is a purely cosmetic choice. There are no racial abilities like in other MMOs.
FALSE.

Have you seen their dance moves?!
wee_ag
AG

[This message has been edited by wee_ag (edited 8/6/2014 3:44p).]
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:
FALSE.

jarAGGIE05
AG
XB1
JRyder05

Joined the Texas Aggies clan. This is my most anticipated game this fall!
GigEmAggies06
AG
Just signed up with the Texas Aggies clan.

JDAggie06
XB1
AggieVictor10
AG
quote:
quote:
FALSE.

Haha true. In that case, exo ftw. Been using the exo since the Alpha.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.