Civilization: Beyond Earth

3,252 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by SpringsAg
LE_Funt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good so far, but I absolutely hate how the game just ends with no demographics, explanation, etc.
bbattbq01
AG
Agree, no demographics was annoying
PvL-Vorbeck07
AG
Agreed. The way the game just..........ends with no demographics, cutscene or anything is kinda lame. I hope they'll change that in a patch or something.

Still very much enjoying the game but now that i've played it a few times through (about 40 hrs), I've noticed there's a lot missing that I hope is added in patches and future DLC.

A few thoughts:
  • New terrain features
  • Natural wonders
  • New biomes (three is good but we could easily have Volcanic, Lunar, and so on added into the mix with nothing much but some pallet-swaps, a new terrain feature or two, and creative map scripting)
  • Different planet types with different hazards (volcanic, radiation, ice, rock, etc)
  • Intelligent Alien races from afar
  • Aliens evolve if you don't take care of them
  • More passive options for harmony (range will pop up everytime they get close)
  • Aliens should be "recruited" off the map for units using a capture system with the harmony tree, and be probably more rare and more powerful.
  • Rare finds that are not just resources or boosts
  • Equippable weapon system (AT LEAST that)
  • More than just miasma as a hazard on this planet type
  • More unit types, but not using affinity. Maybe research, or resources, or ancient finding using exploration.
  • SEA BASES + MORE SEA RESOURCES
  • Changing elevation and having oceanic cities (you can't currently build cities on water).
  • The construction of wonders, and the stuff that happens when you meet a victory condition, need to be more of a major event, with more content--an epilogue, reactions of other leaders, movies of the wonders working and seeing what they really DO.
  • Why can't we actually look at a vista of our cities anymore like the old Civ games?
  • Whatever happened to those cool movies of wonders getting constructed? It's just scrolling concept art and expository dialogue again. A wonder seems like a minor event.
  • Whatever happened to score titles at the end? (i.e. "The Great", "The Fool", "The Merciful)?
  • The addition of pimped out palace/throneroom/space office which is affinity themed and assembled over time.
  • Score breakdown at the end about your score and how it was calculated.
  • Whatever happened to significant movies or epilogues that illustrate the different endings, other than a small image and some expository writing? What a brief, boring ending to mark the victory of a glorious empire: I thought as I beat my first game.
  • Biggest of all, remember that thing as early as Civ I where they show a world map from Year 1 and show the different civilizations on a world map as blobs of territory absorb each other as time goes on, with notes at certain years (city conquered, wonder built, empire eliminated)? I want to see stuff like that. Now, there's no cool history of the game, which on marathon may have taken 50 hours of your life, hours that I assume you were supposed to spend making a meaningful connection to the game? I want to see "a brief history of my victory" at the end.
  • More planet types, themes, colors, flora--there's a whole universe out there.
  • INTERPLANETARY WAR (I think we're talking sequel here)
Buck O Five
AG
Looks like a lot of potential for a good expansion pack.
SpringsAg
AG
bump for the patch now live. what do people think?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.