******Watchdogs******

9,280 Views | 162 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by cr0wbar
Ayers34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is anybody looking foward to this game as much as I am? It seems like a game I'll want to play way after I beat the campaign.
AggiEE
I was kind of so-so on it, but recently it's started looking better.

Probably going to grab this digitally on the PS4.
Sparkle Pony
http://forums.texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2387656&forum_id=30
agfan2013
AG
Looking forward to it. I really think it's going to do well and sell a lot of copies. Some people already have it so if you watch YouTube closely, you can watch some gameplay before ubisoft has it taken down. From what I've seen, it looks every bit as good as promised.

It's got game of the year potential, the only real other competition I see for this year is Destiny. I'd bet it gets top spot for 2014 from a few different publications.
CypressAg13
AG
Can't wait. Was looking forward to this at launch and was sad when it got pushed back.
jarAGGIE05
AG
I don't know if it is because it has been delayed so many times that has me rethinking this game or what, but I'm going to wait and see what kind of reviews it gets.
Seven Psycho Ags
I'm torn between XB1 and PC. If I get it on PC I can run it on ultra, but if the replay value sucks the XB1 achievements might increase it for awhile (that and my brother may get it later on)

I got a real Sophie's Choice here, huh?
bbattbq01
AG
Played through the first mission this morning. Interesting game so far. Plays very much like ac, as I guess would be expected.
agfan2013
AG
Just waiting on Amazon to drop it off at my house. As of right now it's got an 82 on metacrtitic, the most frequent knock against it I've seen is mission structure. Sounds like it's a solid game that hopefully ubisoft can build on and make into a great series. The first AC was good but had its flaws and when the second one came out, it became everyone's favorite and received even higher ratings from critics. Maybe ubisoft can duplicate that with this series and make it's next watchdogs only for the current generation consoles and PC.
jeffk
AG
Picking mine up after work.
wangus12
AG
I'm in the poors right now, but I'll probably get it after work.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Picking mine up after work.

Me too! How late you gonna play tonight? I wouldn't mind trying out some MP, but I'll be watching the Spurs game off and on too, so probably can't do MP until 10:30-ish.
jeffk
AG
I might be down for a late night - I'd like to watch the USMNT friendly and I think it starts at 9 (plus we'll be switching over to the Spurs game).
jr15aggie
AG
Sweet. We'll stay in touch as the night goes on and see how it goes.

If it's stable, I LOVE open world MP. Car chases with one guy driving and others shooting... yes please! Problem is, my experience with open world MP has been the games are almost unplayable at launch and by the time they fix it, I don't care any more. Haven't heard any issues on Watchdogs yet so I'm hoping all is well!
agfan2013
AG
The user scores on metacritic are hilarious, I think all versions are averaging around a 4 or 5 out of 10. This game didn't stand a chance with all the hype it had and then being delayed. The game doesn't have as good of graphics as the version shown at e3? 0 out of 10. So many butthurt fanboys out there.
Sparkle Pony
Some outlets aren't reviewing it very highly. See Gerstmann's 3/5 on GiantBomb. His criticisms are right in light with my worries from what I've seen so far too.
agmrpink
AG
I have no feelings one way or another for this game, and will probably play it somewhere down the road. But this video re: game bugs cracked me up.

I hope for y'alls sake this isn't as big a deal as some say, or that it could get patched asap.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fL98zhe-frg
jeffk
AG
Yikes. That video is disturbing.

I expect a few bugs on open world games, but if it's unplayable, that's another story.
Sparkle Pony
Sounds like that guy was playing before the day 1 patch.
jeffk
AG
This seems kind of crappy:

quote:
Conclusion
One huge caveat/punishment Ubisoft implemented is when you do turn off the Online Option, all your skills accumulated are reset to zero. You read that right. They all get reset to zero. All the online-specific skills reset to zero as punishment for not wanting to play online, something which is entirely disappointing. Either you keep getting invaded, or you get punished for wanting to play sometimes and not other times with the online mode.

http://wccftech.com/review/watch-dogs-review-hacker-hoped/#ixzz32vr87vYJ
agfan2013
AG
That is kind of lame. Ill probably turn it off from the start so I dont have any multiplayer skills to lose and then turn it back on once I beat the main story and wouldnt mind being distracted by online people.

Also, what about just not connecting to the internet? Would I be punished if I unplugged my ethernet cord before starting the game up and playing some single player?
SF2004
AG
What is the online play like? Do you do the missions on your own (if you can keep from getting distracted)? Can you team up with friends and play the game CO-OP?
k20dub
AG
Interested in seeing what y'all think about the game
Sparkle Pony
Pretty sure you have to connect to the internet to connect to UPlay.

No coop.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
I get off work in an hour and I'm gonna pick it up on the way home as well.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
No Coop? What about the multiplayer?
Aggietaco
AG
Guess I didn't realize we were already at release date.

I'll be looking forward to some reviews through the rose colored glasses from you guys.
SF2004
AG
No Co-Op?

Then what is the point of always online with the skills reseting and such?
Sparkle Pony
people can barge into your game and hunt you, and you can do the opposite. that's it, save for some stupid race mode.
agfan2013
AG
I've played the PS4 version for about 2 hours so here it goes.

First off the big issue, the graphics.....are good. Not great. Not horrible. As a lot of other people have said, the game looks it's best during night and when it's raining. But the character models are still decent and I thought the animations for everything were really well done. Is it the next gen graphics everybody wanted from two e3s ago? No, but they are still decent and I think the next in the series could benefit by being developed for current gen only.

The realism is top notch and matches GTA levels of immersion IMO. As you've probably seen, every person you walk by has a backstory and some info, you can't hack everybody but just a few people very now and then. The engine can push a lot of objects on screen at one time. I caused a wreck in downtown using the traffic light hack, in the initial pileup was probably 5 cars but once you looked past the wreck there were more than 20 cars backed up at a standstill waiting on the wreck with plenty of people still walking around the streets.

The missions so far have been fairly average, nothing sticks out as revolutionary or different from your typical open world games like GTA, AC, etc. but I am only 2 hours in so we will see if that changes. I do like that they do have stealth mechanics in this game, it allows you to quietly hack and stealth kill guys or just go in guns blazing to get to your objective.

The last thing that I'll note is it's insanely hard to get away from the cops right now. When being chased, you almost have to use some hack to get them to crash and lose your tail. They drive faster than you, take corners perfectly while barely slowing down, and are incredibly aggressive. Once you finally lose them, they call for backup and the ctos system begins scanning for you, represented by green circles that randomly show up on your minimap. These are hard to avoid because they are fairly big, there's a lot of them, and sometimes they move before fading away. Stay in a green circle for too long and the system locates you again and the cops are back on your tail.

My multiplayer is set to on, but I've yet to be invaded or go into somebody else's game so I can't comment on that.

For the TLDR crowd: a pretty good game that's definitely fun but has some frustrating aspects to it and could still use a little polish. It's not GTA perfect but that doesn't make it a bad game. It's not game of the year but I'd give it an 8 to an 8.5 out of 10.
Sparkle Pony
Can't get away from the cops? Just go for a swim, there are no police boats.

Seven Psycho Ags
quote:
people can barge into your game and hunt you, and you can do the opposite. that's it, save for some stupid race mode.

Don't forget the 4v4 CTF type mode
agfan2013
AG
Might have to use that method in the future if they don't patch it. Unfortunately, the mission I was having trouble with was a "fixer" side mission where I had to escape the cops in a car and then deliver said car to a specific parking lot. so you fail if you step out of the car for too long or if you total it.
tmaggie50
AG
Anyone play it on the PS3 know how long the download takes?
Ag8556
AG
Took a couple of hours to download on Xbox One

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.