Batman: Arkham Knight

11,560 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by GetThoseKeysMilo
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Gotham Is Mine Trailer

Sparkle Pony
This is PC footage, so don't get TOO excited.

AliasMan02
AG
Resurrect this thread rather than starting a new one.

Where did everyone preorder? I was set to use an Amazon gift card, but then saw Gamestop's Red Hood DLC. I'm sure it's not exclusive, but will probably go ahead and order from them just to be sure.
jr15aggie
AG
Forgot I made this thread... Added a cool pick and the new trailer to the OP.

I will pre-order this week. Probably from Gamestop cause I have a game to trade in and it's 5-10 minutes from my house. I'll be on XB1.

I fully anticipate the graphics hounds to come out in full force... PC vs. PS4 vs. XB1. I'm prepared for the XB1 to have the least impressive tech specs. I believe the PS4 was the lead platform and so far all of their gameplay demos have been PS4. Whatever... I anticipate being blown away by the looks and the game!
PooDoo
AG
I preordered through Dell thanks to an expiring gift card. The last 2 played great so I'm sure this one will not disappoint.
Kampfers
AG
Depending on what the AMD vidya card offerings are here soon, I may end up getting this on PC rather than XB1 since nvidia is currently bundling it with the new 980TI.
AliasMan02
AG
Will be playing on the One. Soooooo glad they went next gen exclusive.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Pre ordering at gamestop because Red Hood is my favorite DC character. I have a really new laptop I can run it on, but I would rather play on a console. I still haven't decided if I should get an xbox one or a ps4 though.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Pre ordering at gamestop because Red Hood is my favorite DC character. I have a really new laptop I can run it on, but I would rather play on a console. I still haven't decided if I should get an xbox one or a ps4 though.
When they have shown video it's been "PS4 footage". Most likely it's been running off a PC, but using PS4 assets and the button prompts are clearly PS4. Pretty good indication that if there is a performance edge on a particular console it will favor PS4. But I think PS was the console they always showed it on last gen too, but the game was just as good on 360.

Back in the day you would say "wait for reviews", but recently devs have only sent 1 copy on 1 console, so you are left searching the internet for people counting lines of resolution to try and figure out which one is superior.

Rocksteady has been nails as a developer, I bet all 3 versions are running pretty well day 1 and patches are sure to improve it along the way. XB1 for me.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
You just missed used PS4's for $220 on cowboom.com

They are back up to $280 but that's not half bad.
http://www.cowboom.com/product/1459975?sdtid=7901275&utm_campaign=LS&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_source=lw9MynSeamY&siteID=lw9MynSeamY-b2MyL0ku36tY61OQip0ISA
Sea Pony 07
AG
I went ahead and preordered the ps4 that comes with arkham knight for 399.
AliasMan02
AG

Oh, my.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Oh, my.
Looks like my gamestop pre-order is actually going to give me something substantial. Nice.
AliasMan02
AG
Ditto. I assume it will be available to all at some point, though.
AliasMan02
AG
Started shipping today!
jr15aggie
AG
I read a few things over the weekend. Reviews sound very good besides some guys nitpicking certain things and ignoring the fact that this game is apparently one of the best looking games ever. Really shows off next gen.

All the review copies are PS4 apparently (lead console), but some XB1 footage and shots have emerged from people with early copies and it is apparently looking just as good with no issues. Nobody knows for sure exactly what resolution each console is running, but apparently it looks awesome on both so that's good news. I'm not sure about PC.

Will pick up tomorrow.
SECivil Ag-11
AG
Ugh, I want Arkham Knight but I just can't buy it right now out of principle with their ridiculous season pass and day 1 DLC practices. Did the same for Arkham Asylum and City, just waited for their GOTY editions. Will do the same here, or at least after a significant price drop. Good to see strong reviews though. Y'all have fun. Still playing the Witcher 3 anyway.
jr15aggie
AG
I got the GOTY addition of Arkham City back in the day... I didn't even play all the DLC that I got "for free". I typically do a lot of side quest and side items in the main game. Just can't help myself. So for pretty much every single player game, when I finally complete the game, I'm sorta done with it and ready to move on to something else. I'd rather play a new game than start grinding away at DLC on a game I just spent weeks playing.

Point being... I don't really care about DLC and a company charging too much isn't really going to affect me much either way. Only time I really enjoy DLC is for MP games adding new maps/weapons/etc.
jr15aggie
AG
New launch trailer:

SECivil Ag-11
AG
See I'm the opposite. I could care less about MP DLC because I'm typically not a MP gamer, single player is where I spend most of my time. For Arkham City, that Catwoman DLC was substantial to the story. Necessary? No, but still substantial and easily something that they could've and should've included in the core game but decided to slice it off as DLC to milk the customer for more, even after dropping $60.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
See I'm the opposite. I could care less about MP DLC because I'm typically not a MP gamer, single player is where I spend most of my time. For Arkham City, that Catwoman DLC was substantial to the story. Necessary? No, but still substantial and easily something that they could've and should've included in the core game but decided to slice it off as DLC to milk the customer for more, even after dropping $60.
To be fair, your statement reminded me... I did play the Catwoman DLC stuff from my GOTY Arkham City game. Didn't find all her secrets, but I did play her missions. So I did do some of it, but definitely not all of it.

And I do agree, what little I've heard about the DLC is pretty crazy... isn't it like $40 for all of it and there is a substantial amount that is character skins and nothing that adds new story elements. No thanks. I'll just take my pre-order bonuses and be happy. People will speak with their wallets I guess.
wangus12
AG
Want to get this game, but probably won't until August. Gonna be on vacation for a while so no real point in grabbing a game that I won't play until then.
wangus12
AG
It does really look incredible
Sea Pony 07
AG
Picking it up tonight at midnight with all the other geeks
Ganondorf
AG
I'll pick this up later, just got the last arkham game on steam summer sale.

I'm leery of any game where it's half off before its released.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I'll pick this up later, just got the last arkham game on steam summer sale.

I'm leery of any game where it's half off before its released.

Where is it half off?
AgsWin2011
AG
Remember the good ole days where when you paid $50 (not $60) for a game and you got the entire game? Also, you didn't have to put the game in and let it download while eating up your memory? I miss the plug and play days while also saving money and memory. This is what Sony and Microsoft should push for for their fans. But them and the game developers are laughing all the way to the bank.
MBAR
AG
I got the digital version and it preloaded and then unlocked at 11 tonight. Played a bit to start off and its the same awesome combat I remember and holy crap it looks amazing. Really loved the previous two so I am very happy to have this now.
Wildmen03
AG
quote:
Remember the good ole days where when you paid $50 (not $60) for a game and you got the entire game?
I remember paying $60 for a Super Nintendo or N64 game. And that was 20+ years ago.

If installing a game on your hard drive provides faster loading than running off of a disk then I am all for it. It's just the way the market is moving.
AgsWin2011
AG
I remember when N64 games were $49.99 and with tax it came out to $54.11. I remember cause I would take in exact change as a kid.
AgsWin2011
AG
If I remember correctly, the prices of games jumped from 49.99 to 59.99 when PS3 and Xbox 360 came out.
Wildmen03
AG
Sea Pony 07
AG
I fail at driving the bat-mobile. But I had fun playing the red hood DLC. Wish it had been a bit longer though.
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, those games that were larger and required more memory were expensive back in the day. So much cost saved putting games on cheap discs. Only reason they have to install is because they can't pull the data off the discs fast enough.

I guess the modern day equivalent to cartridges would be games that ship on fast USB flash drives. No more need to install the games, but you will definitely pay more for the cost of memory.
AliasMan02
AG
Some companies use dlc to issue half finished games, but how can you accuse the Arkham team if that? Dlc on these games has extended gameplay, not cut from the core game.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.