Mario Kart 8

7,546 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Bryan98
cone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://youtu.be/__qp9iPKeNs

rainbow road. dude.
MSCAg
AG
Sigh, I will miss you Nintendo. To bad you put out a system that was slightly more powerful than an Xbox 360.
Barry Kripke
AG
The wii u's games are gorgeous.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and 3D world are two of the best games in their respective franchises ever.

Plus Zelda and SSB are still to come. Nobody buys a Nintendo console for cutting edge graphics and power. They buy them for the first party games. And Nintendo is still hitting it out of the park.

[This message has been edited by Barry kripke (edited 4/3/2014 1:04p).]
chipotle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuX5_OWObA0
Ag CPA
AG
Starting to love the Wii U with the new titles. The 360 and PS4 have not been touched in a month but we play the U daily now. Just wish it had not taken Nintendo a year after the launch to get these games out.
Quinn
AG
If Nintendo ever stops making systems, surely the first party games would get sold to sony or microsoft.
3rdGenAg06
AG
quote:
And Nintendo is still hitting it out of the park.

I haven't paid attention - have sales improved that much?
MSCAg
AG
Not sure about the hitting it out of the park. Last I read, most analysts were worried about the dismal sales of the WiiU.

I grew up on Zelda and I love the series. Not sure if Mario, Zelda, and Metroid are going to be enough to save it though.
Aggietaco
AG
He meant quality of games, not sales.
cone
AG
Zelda is going to get me to upgrade to the 3DS.
Barry Kripke
AG
quote:
He meant quality of games, not sales.

This board doesn't have the best reading comprehension skills.
Charpie
AG
We love our WiiU.
HossAg
AG
Charpie in the nerdery
Barry Kripke
AG
Hopefully she'll take your place
HossAg
AG
Love you too sweet thing
Charpie
AG
I've posted here lots of times, silly
Aggietaco
AG
Well hello, charpie.
Charpie
AG
TACO. How are you?
Aggietaco
AG
L-I-V-I-N. You?
jeffk
AG
Get a room.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dat Rainbow Road tho
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
As for sales, they've been pretty weak so far. But when Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and the new Zelda come out, I'm sure there will be a significant spike.

I've gotten every Nintendo system at launch since the N64, but I haven't gotten the Wii U yet. Once those three come out, I will be getting one for sure.
Sandman23
AG
IGN just had a bunch of updates and news posted about MK8.

Read stuff here.

The wife and I are pretty excited for it.
agfan2013
AG
Bumping this to the top for some more news.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/30/mario-kart-8-nintendo-direct-announces-wii-u-bundle-free-bonus/

quote:
Nintendo decided to blue shell your morning plans by publishing a new 36-minute video on Mario Kart 8, which is coming to the Wii U on May 30. Among the headline news is a Mario Kart 8 Wii U bundle that's similar to the Mario & Luigi-themed ones announced for the UK. The $330 package bundles in the game with the 32GB black Wii U, along with a red Wii U wheel and a Mario Wii Remote Plus.

In addition, all copies of Mario Kart 8 come with a free download code for one of four Wii U games. If users register the game on Club Nintendo before July 31, they get a code for their choice of New Super Mario Bros. U, The Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, or Wii Party U. In Europe, the choice also includes Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Nintendo Land, The Wonderful 101, Sonic Lost World, Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, and Game and Wario.

The Direct also confirms some online multiplayer details. Players will be able to play in races of up to 12 drivers, use voice chat, and choose from four modes including Worldwide, Regional, Friends and Tournament matches. Tournament rules can be customized, and set for times and days of the week.

On the items side, there's the Super Horn which emits a powerful shock wave to take out anything nearby, and the Crazy Eight, a whirl of eight different items that players unleash one by one. They join the Boomerang Flower and the Piranha Plant as new items for racers to try out. Character-wise, the Direct unveils Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach, the latter joining Mario as the other character to get a metallic variant. That takes the total roster up to 30, including the option to play as a Mii.

For our thoughts on what we've seen so far, check out our video preview.

Picked up a WiiU recently and was looking up games to get. So it looks like you get a free game just for buying MK8, I'll probably pick up New Super Mario Bros U.
chipotle
Was going to buy used. But will buy this bundle instead w/ Wind Waker
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I would buy a Wii U just for this title...not gonna lie.
Aggie CMD
AG
Where are the Wii U Mario Kart 8 bundles?

(Suppose to be angry face!)

[This message has been edited by 8-bit Aggie (edited 5/13/2014 10:31a).]
rangerdanger
AG
quote:
Was going to buy used. But will buy this bundle instead w/ Wind Waker

Make sure you dont buy Wind Waker when you can get it for free from Club Nintendo.

http://m.gamestop.com/catalog/product/113373
chipotle
That's what I meant. Going to get the mario kart bundle and get the wind waker download.
Bryan98
AG
I am super psyched for Mario Kart 8, as is my 4 year-old daughter. Hopefully I can get my wife playing, as she was at one time a better MK DS player than I was.
Seven Psycho Ags
This has been a good month for gaming. I like the new Mario Golf on 3DS as well
jarAGGIE05
AG
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME! Not only because it looks like a blast, but I have been putting off buying Pikmin 3 because I had been playing Xbox One. With Kart and Watch Dogs coming out this month and a free download of Pikmin, I have a great month or two of gaming coming up. Being a school teacher, it couldn't come at a better time.
Charpie
AG
I've been playing the Sonic All Stars racing transformed (because my 11 year old LOVES Sonic) and holy crap what a great game! I cannot wait for Mario Kart 8.
Pro Ag
AG
So I'm considering buying a Wii U for this game.

Will the fancy Wii U controller do something special for this game? I prefer the idea of just getting the old wii-motes and going with the wheel unless there's a solid reason not to.
chipotle
quote:
Will the fancy Wii U controller do something special for this game?

Unfortunately no. What would have been awesome is that they should have made it allow one player to see his race while the second person uses the tv screen for his race.

This is one of the few ***k ups on this game IMO.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.