Assassins Creed Unity

1,354 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 10 yr ago by AgMarauder04
jeffk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First next-Gen only AC title. Short video clip teased online today.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/A716GK9My7o

Looks like I was right - French Revolution time period. Exciting to jump back over to Europe with its larger structures and cities. Hopefully they keep some of the naval aspects of the game though.
jeffk
AG
http://www.gamezone.com/originals/2014/03/22/assassin-s-creed-unity-is-just-what-the-franchise-needs

Release end of 2014?
powerbelly
AG
I will be glad to be back in big cities.

While I like ship battles, I hope they go away in the next game.
jeffk
AG
Will Napoleon be a templar or an assassin?
Kampfers
AG
Sweet
I Like Mike
AG
Assassinating napoleon ftw
agfan2013
AG
They are going to need some sort of new gameplay hook to draw me into buying it. While I loved Black Flag and it's now my favorite in the series (mostly because of the naval aspect of it) they are turning this series into another CoD.

Here's the formula: keep 95% of the previous game mechanics (enemy AI, fighting strategy aka counter and counter some more, free running moves, etc), add a new multiplayer game mode or two, change the setting/time period, and there you go, $60.

I actually liked AC3 because it introduced the outside/rural environments and Black Flag continued that with caves, sunken wrecks, and all sorts of exploration activities, your time spent in the big cities like Kingston was minimal. And by that same hand, I completely skipped AC Revelations because the only new features were den defense and the assassin blades that were hooks.

I will say that I'd like to see them move to a more modern time period, like when you were free running with Desmond in the present day. I'd be interested to see what kind of mechanics and gameplay they could create where your main weapons were guns and you couldn't rely on the counter move with a sword for over three quarters of your combat.

Just my .02/old man rant.

[This message has been edited by agfan2013 (edited 3/22/2014 5:09p).]
jeffk
AG
I enjoy the games for the setting, historical time periods almost as much as the actual game play, but I'm a history nerd, so that makes sense.
AgMarauder04
AG
I can't tell you how much I want a Civil War era game.
iceman08
AG
Im going to assassinate somone with a baguette
jeffk
AG
quote:
Im going to assassinate somone with a baguette

While wearing a beret!
Saxsoon
AG
I loved AC4 but I do want to return to more of the present day storyline. AC4 felt more like an offshoot than a numbered entry.
wee_ag
AG
Looks very nice.

And this is alpha footage running on an Xbox One.
Teacher_Ag
AG
Forget Charlotte Corday, I'M going to kill that little *****, Danton!
Teacher_Ag
AG
Also, in AC5: Unity, you press triangle button and R2 to snub a tourist.
jeffk
AG
Could be called:

Assassin's Creed: White Flag
I Like Mike
AG
For jeff. Bravo!
Agmaniacmike12
French Revolution is such an interesting era of history. Took a whole class my senior year on it and still couldn't even completely grasp the scope of everything. There has been talk that they may be releasing two games this year, not sure if one of those is a handheld version, anyone know specifics?
Saxsoon
AG
360 and PS3
bthotugigem05
AG
I want so much for them to do one in feudal Japan
powerbelly
AG
quote:
I want so much for them to do one in feudal Japan

That would amazing.
HossAg
AG
They should have a game based in Iran where it is actually an assassin that takes out Bin Laden. He's an assassin, so we wouldn't have seen him and therefore can't count that out as a possible outcome
nomad2007
AG
Assassin's Creed: Les Miserables
MSCAg
AG
3 and Black Flag were good games, but I'm glad AC is getting back to its roots of massive cities and social stealth. The navel stuff was great and hunting and other things interesting, but it really started pulling away from AC's core.

A lot of times the idea of hiding in tall grass was even more eye-roll worthy than just running into a group of white-robed scholars and pretending to prey.
jeffk
AG
I wasn't pretending to prey!
AgMarauder04
AG
As was said in many reviews, AC4 was less a Assassin's Creed game and more a pirate game. I would love ubisoft to make a pure pirate game where you can capture new ships, etc.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.