DayZ Epoch

7,391 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TheEyeGuy
kbassil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tried this mod out tonight and was surprised by how good it was. Basically Dayz (mod) + Wasteland + New features. You can even lock vehicles with unique keys now, so noone can open the car/heli but you. Pretty cool concepts and implementations.

Anyway, PM's Thursday GameNight will be with DayZ Epoch tomorrow @ 8pm. Thought I'd give an early warning so people could reinstall Arma if need be. As always, I suggest using DayZ Commander for installing/updating EPOCH or any other DayZ mod for that matter.
theterk
AG
tonight has the potential to be epic... here's just what 2 of us did last night http://imgur.com/a/7a7Ra

[This message has been edited by theterk (edited 2/27/2014 10:47a).]
millertyme
AG
Should I go to PM for info? My son has been playing this quite a bit and he might be interested in joining y'all tonight. I would try but have never played this game before (although it looks fun)
heisatouchdown
AG
Which ARMA version do you need for DayZ?
theterk
AG
I believe it's still Arma 2 AND Operation Arrowhead
kbassil
AG
Miller you should ALWAYS go to PM! Here's the link to some specifics.

http://www.pointsmatter.com/forum/topic/590-gamenight-dayz-epoch-thursday-227-at-800pm-cst/

Other info you might need:

-Make sure you have both Arma2 and Arma2 OA installed.

-install dayZCommander, and set it up if needed (very quick)

- have DayZCommander download EPOCH.

Thats it! Any other questions, let me know.
cr0wbar
AG
Really excited to play this Epoch mod with you guys tonight. I managed to install and update everything and played a good 30 minutes late last night.

There's also a teamspeak server we're going to hop on to communicate with as well: ts.pointsmatter.com

@Miller - I remember playing with you and Bru on GTA online a couple of times. You and your son should hop on sometime!
heisatouchdown
AG
Balls I don't have Operation Arrowhead otherwise I'd try to join.
theterk
AG
GameNight is a go! 192.169.82.106:2305
Tomdoss92
AG
oh sure start this up after i deinstalled all the arma 2 crap since the standalone went live.
cr0wbar
AG
After several broken limbs, a crashed cessna, and running over one another- we have a base!

This is our Epoch server we're setting up on. You guys are more than welcome to join us on the next run

192.169.82.106:2305
NitroAGGIE
millertyme
AG
If I have never played ARMA or DayZ, how difficult would it be to play this game? I almost signed in last night but felt I would totally suck so didn't.
kbassil
AG
First off, NEVER worry about sucking because we pretty much all suck. Not so much "in it to win it" as we are to have all around a good time. Dying and restarting is part of the game, so we just want everyone to have fun.

Also, to answer your first question, there's quite a learning curve at first but I can promise you it's worth it. The game's interface will make you want to throw your PC through the window, but once you start to figure it out, it's VERY rewarding. Coordinating 10-15 guys around a 50 person map (with 50-100 other AI's fully armed) means you have to engage objectives smart, quickly, and efficiently. It's the ultimate team player game, in my opinion. Maybe you're a skilled sniper, a talented pilot (plane or heli), or blessed tactician. Regardless, there's a place for you with us.

*Also, we're all in TeamSpeak too and we'd be happy to walk you through the weird quirks.

If you (or anyone for that matter) have any particular questions or issues, please post them here or on the PointsMatter forums and I'll address them directly.

[This message has been edited by kbassil (edited 2/28/2014 1:26p).]
kbassil
AG
Also, special thanks to Nitro for joining last night.

Nitro - friend me on Steam and I'll send you a "thank you" game for giving us a chance.0
cr0wbar
AG
A group of us getting on again tonight- hit me up and I'll get you a fine assault rifle of your choice

TS.pointsmatter.com
wee_ag
AG
Play past 10 CST and I'll see you online.
kbassil
AG
Pics from last Thurs Game Night. This is part 1.

http://imgur.com/a/6dxQB
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
I think we have a bf4 game night tonight, but thus is dayz again if anyone wants to redownload and join us.
redeyeone
AG
How late do you usually play on Thursdays? I would like to give the Arma stuff a try but I probably couldn't get online until 9 or 9:30pm.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
That's actually when a good chunk of us start getting going. We're all old and have wives. Well, crow and bru have each other, but that's basically the same thing.
kbassil
AG
^This. Also, we're on til about midnight on average I'd say. The crafting system has been keeping us on til 1 or 2, I'm sad to admit.
cr0wbar
AG
Good times last night. About 8+ online last night, building our base up. Sent a party out for food, water, supplies. This epoch gives the mod a goal- which a many seem to prefer. We had a blast last night- will probably be on again tonight and tomorrow night. Join up on the TS

Ts.pointsmatter.com
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Very fun... once I got a pickup!

Raiding is cool. This game is very much a step in the direction DayZ standalone should be taking over the longterm. Genuine basebuilding is awesome and the events are great. In fact, knowing that most of the events involve NPCs that will wreck shop on you if you aren't careful, when I stumbled onto a crashed helicopter last night I was completely on edge. There were no NPCs around it so I thought I was going to get hammered as soon as I let my guard down. The loot was ok but I did snag 10 blood bags and a ton of other medical goods plus antibiotics.

One thing that does slightly annoy me is how common SD weapons are. We aren't in Texas so 15% of the weapons shouldn't have a suppressor attached!
cr0wbar
AG
We have a big group jumping on in about 20-30 minutes. Going to continue building the base- do some raids, etc.

If you guys have gotten the mod downloaded- hit us up. We like to give away free games too!

PointsMatter Gamenight
redeyeone
AG
Do you need operation arrowhead to play? I haven't been able to figure it out.
wee_ag
AG
Yeah you need Arrowhead - they occasionally throw both together in a sale, but if you just need the single game check greenman gaming or slickdeals. Might find it cheap there.
NitroAGGIE
AG
KB - I'll definitely add you on Steam!

DayZ also works with Arma2: Combined Operations right?

redeyeone
AG
Are you guys playing tonight?
theterk
AG
We will more than likely be on tonight. There were some events at the base that migh require retaliation.
theterk
AG
We will more than likely be on tonight. There were some events at the base that migh require retaliation.
redeyeone
AG
I've tried searching for the server on Dayzcommander but it never comes up. I must be doing something wrong.
wee_ag
AG
You need to install DayZ Commander (it's free) it will install whatever mods you want and has a better search feature. http://www.dayzcommander.com/
redeyeone
AG
nevermind I think I found it.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
More retaliation is needed now
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.