Middle Earth : Shadow of Mordor - AC meets LotR

53,491 Views | 451 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Thunder18
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Again, anyone wwanting to get rid of their XBONE copy let me know.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
I was planing on trading mine in for AC Unity, but would be willing to let it go to you.
OnlyForNow
AG
I still have to buy an xbone, but please keep me in mind.
Ranger222
AG
Does anyone know how much $$$ is being given for trade ins?
Ol Jock 99
AG
I know I'm late to the party, but what's the best way to increase your power? Let yourself get killed to make more captains?
Wildmen03
AG
The best way for me was to collect everything, do all side quests you can before continuing the story line quests, complete the survival challenges, etc. Doing that I got all of the upgrades well before getting near the end.

If you want to find better Runes you need to let the captains level up. Death threats were an easy way to do that.
Ol Jock 99
AG
You hit on my issue. Death threats look to be on the third tier of upgrades, which are unlocked by accumlating power. I still need over 100 power to unlock tier 2, and the captains I'm finding only earn me 4-7ish per.

Seems like my options are 1 keep searching for captains, 2 make more captains, or 3 say screw it and keep going. I've only beaten the slaver so far.

Also, did anyone else play on the keyboard? Still trying to learn combat. I can handle a small group, but more than 6/7, I'm in trouble. If course, it might also have something to do with me being an old.
BourbonAg
AG
You will unlock power struggles after a few main quests and they give 40+ power.
spider96
AG
Played it on the keyboard. Took a bit of time but I got used to it. Game is pretty fun.
degreedy
AG
quote:
I might be offloading mine in the near future.
htownag08
AG
Also looking to pick up a copy (xbone). They are on sale most places around $20 and I'd much rather give that to an ag vs a store. Tghinelli 00@ gmail. com
hurleyag
AG
Ran across this link this morning.

http://mashable.com/2014/12/17/shadow-of-mordor-comic/
Ol Jock 99
AG
Wait, are we allowed to discuss the comic on this thread?

wangus12
AG
Ban Him!
SECivil Ag-11
AG
Been a while since I've viewed this thread. Man, looking back, this game was such a gem, despite the, imo, disappointing story. I was extremely disappointed with Destiny and coupled with games like Driveclub, AC Unity and Halo MCC being broken at launch, Shadow of Mordor is easily one of 2014's best.
KidDoc
AG
I've picked it back up recently after winning a Civ 5 game. Still fun and I love the new fire rune! Still haven't played much DLC working on finishing up last few slave rescues and just got all the artifacts and glyph things.

I did finally get the immunity to poison rune-- so good!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
Oh I'm at 30 hours play time so far, not bad for a single player adventure game.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MW03
AG
My PS3 copy was unplayable. Constant glitches, sound bugs, crashing and freezing. Worst part was that the crashes would erase my progress. Never been more irritated a game.

Sold it to Gamestop and bough COD:AW.
htownag08
AG
I have The new Call of Duty game for XboxOne thats collecting dust due to destiny. If anyone is interested in swaping let me know! tghinelli 00@ gmail. Com

Located in CS.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Only have 3 main missions and the rescue missions left. Still on the fence on whether or not I'll finish the PSN trophies.
KidDoc
AG
For anyone who is still playing lets compare runes, just wondering if I'm doing this right.

So here is what I have in the summary windows:

Sword:
Storm of Urfael
Increase Storm by +10 seconds
Increase duration of Last Chance
20% critical hits with sword ignite enemies
50% chance to reduce melee damage received by 50%

Bow:
81% Chance to recover +30 focus on headshot kill
20% chance an area blast will happen around a charged bow headshot
Reduce the focus depletion rate by 50%
Increase headshot damage by 25%

Dagger:
100% chance to recover +25 health on a head explosion kill
Recover all focus and all health for killing a captain
Brutalize stealth kills cause additional terror
Immune to poison

I do lots of flurries/head explosions so that is probably my favorite. I tend to be more of a charge in and chop off heads kind of player more than stealth/archer.

Anyone got any tips or better builds?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Just finished it. Fun game. Needed to find more epic runes though. I had 7 sword epics, but none for the bow and just one for the dagger.
OnlyForNow
AG
Anyone ready to get rid of their copy for Xbox?
Azariah
AG
You've been asking for two months now. Go to Craigslist or eBay.
KidDoc
AG
Anyone playing the Light Lord DLC? It is pretty awesome but also pretty hard since all your skills and most of your runes get reset to 0 and you are fighting lvl 20 uruks.
cr0wbar
AG
Just got this with some reward points from Best Buy. How do I break necks?
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Just got this with some reward points from Best Buy. How do I break necks?
I'm pretty sure it's a finishing move skill that you have to unlock. Be aware, I played a lot of hours before progressing through the main story to unlock some pretty impressive skills.
cr0wbar
AG
Yea- this is pretty damn fun. I've cleared the board of all captains- Ratbag only war-chief left. Guess I need to progress the story!
titanmaster_race
The PS4 Game of the Year Edition of Shadow of Mordor is on sale on the Playstation Store for $11.99 (additional 10% discount if you have PS+)

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-game-of-the-year-edition/cid=UP1018-CUSA01939_00-SHADOWMORDORGOTY

Also for the same price at Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00X4TQNNM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1466184655&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=shadows+of+mordor&dpPl=1&dpID=51Nhiw6iViL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1
MaroonStain
AG
Which is better this or Witcher 3?
titanmaster_race
quote:
Which is better this or Witcher 3?

Haven't played Witcher 3, so all I can say is shadow of mordor is pretty dang fun.
I Like Mike
AG
Both great but different. Witcher 3 is probably one of the best games ever made, IMO.
Thunder18
AG
Witcher 3 is one of the best video games I have ever played. SoM is fun, but I don't think the two games are very comparable

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.