Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls updates from BlizzCon

69,120 Views | 598 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Wheatables02
benMath08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We got a lot of new information over the weekend. I think the game is definitely headed in the right direction and it seems largely due to the team they brought in to port it to the console. It's a little ironic considering people thought that console development is what screwed up the original release.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/ros-adventure-mode-hands-report-blizzcon

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/reaper-souls-faq

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/reaper-souls-nephalem-rifts-hands-report-blizzcon

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/reaper-souls-preview-panel-qa

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/blizzard-reveals-adventure-mode

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/reaper-of-souls-trailer-for-blizzcon-2013

One of the main new game systems is "Adventure Mode", which opens up all areas of the game and lets you choose wherever you want to go. Part of Adventure Mode are "Bounties" that can be collected by killing specific, randomly-chosen monsters in different areas, which give nice XP and loot when you kill them.

Completing bounties also can get you Rift Keystones, which allow you to open up "Nephalem Rifts", the next big game system. The rifts are 100% randomized dungeons, both in tileset and monster groups, so you can expect to see some pretty interesting combinations. I think that the Rift portals can also spawn randomly throughout the world.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
I'm pumped
Cromagnum
AG
Seems like pc gamers get boned on this. All the features will be on Ps4 but some are missing on PC.
ccaggie05
AG
What features are being left out of the PC version?
javajaws
AG
No news about an xbone release?
benMath08
AG
I don't follow the console situation that closely, other than to see what new features are being carried over the PC. Obviously the game isn't an exact copy since you can have local 4 player co-op on console as well as offline single player (and the hacked characters/items that go along with that), but it looks like with RoS, the "Loot 2.0" update, and the end of the auction house the PC will be getting all of the gameplay enhancements made as a part of development for the console version.
SF2004
AG
I have this on PC, but I am seriously considering picking it up on ps4.

Dunno yet.
getme
I play on the PC. Who has played on console? How does the game play with controllers?
Prime0882
AG
quote:
I have this on PC, but I am seriously considering picking it up on ps4.

Dunno yet.

+1

Seems like the console version is becoming the definitive version. Would be weird to play and not wear out a mouse.
Hagen95
AG
quote:
Would be weird to play and not wear out a mouse.

Precisely. How can you play without the clicking? I hope they make this release better.
benMath08
AG
I could be wrong but the version being released for PS4 will include Reaper of Souls, which means that there won't be much difference between the PC and PS4 versions of the game. Other than console-specific controls and local coop they should be essentially the same game.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
I've heard good things on my favorite gaming podcasts about the console version, which is bizarre cause I can't imagine Diablo without the furious clicking

[This message has been edited by elliot p. Campbell (edited 11/13/2013 11:14p).]
Predmid
AG
Diablo 3: Reaper of paradigm shifts
Madmarttigan
AG
big patch is finally out fyi, all new loot system and so forth.
NavyAg22
Really want to like this game. Was so incredibly disappointed in D3, remembered playing D1 when it first came out, and absolutely loving D2. D2 had so much replay value and still does to this day.. If they remade D2 with better graphics id play it in a heart beat.
Ewok It Out08
AG
So auction house exclusion and new loot system is currently live?
benMath08
AG
The auction house still doesn't close until March 18.

This will give you a good summary of all the changes, including a list of what's still to come next month in the expansion.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-v2-0-1-tutorial-welcome-back-hell

I played some last night and it was a LOT of fun. The health and monster damage tuning makes combat a lot more interesting and loot 2.0 is easily the best thing that could have happened to the game.

[This message has been edited by benMath08 (edited 2/26/2014 8:39a).]
Ewok It Out08
AG
Thanks for the link!
Hagen95
AG
Some of these tweaks are going to take kiting to an entirely new level.

I've preordered.
AtlAg05
AG
Guess I need to give the new patch a try.
benMath08
AG
Two new features are "clans" and "communities", we should create a TexAgs group. I'll see about doing that this afternoon.

EDIT: Ok so I created a clan called "TexAgs" with symbol TAMU. You should be able to search clans for it and request to join. Anyone who becomes a member can invite new members as well.

[This message has been edited by benMath08 (edited 2/26/2014 1:37p).]
jbirdag96
AG
Sweet...I've not played in a few months. I'll check it out 2nite and give the communities thing a whirl.
Prime0882
AG
Played today for a bit and enjoyed it. Replaced a healthy chunk of my items using the loot 2.0 thing. Two legendary items out of about two hours on Master difficultly, and both were upgrades that my monk could use. I'll probably be buying the expansion after what I saw today. Act V plus adventure mode w/ bounties could find me getting some more mileage out of this one! Wish the PS4 port was coming out at the same time...
Cromagnum
AG
I'm patching mine right now and will be playing on my DH a bit later. I had well over 300k dps before I quit a few months ago, so we'll see how the new loot stacks up.
BenderRodriguez
AG
The new 2.0 loot system is awesome.
Hagen95
AG
It's patching now. Hopefully will get some time in tonight.
bbattbq01
AG
Played a couple hours tonight. Upgraded a weapon with a legendary drop. Love that pages are gone from crafting. Those were annoying.

Seems like its a lot harder to die now. I ww barb mostly and only die if I'm stupid and don't watch health vs elite packs. Monsters seem like they take a lot longer to kill now but that could just be because my gear pretty much sucks.
Cromagnum
AG
New loot is neat. Found a few upgrades my monk can use while playing DH. Torment 1 is not that bad. Torment 2-3 starts to approach old school inferno type of difficulty when you solo it. I've heard 4-6 are rough, bit haven't tried.
Madmarttigan
AG
Btw if you ID a unique on a different character it gives the right main stat. Tried it on my barb after finding a sword on my DH. Gave me the appropriate strength stat.
benMath08
AG
quote:
Btw if you ID a unique on a different character it gives the right main stat. Tried it on my barb after finding a sword on my DH. Gave me the appropriate strength stat.

Good to know, thanks!
srob2004
AG
I put in a couple of hours last night after re-downloading it and I'm loving the changes.

I switched up my main to a fetish/zookeeper style witch doctor and I'm rolling over things. I found about 3-4 legendaries in Act 1 and replaced my belt only, but they were good drops none-the-less.

Pre-ordered the expansion too so looking forward to the new act and new class.
Hagen95
AG
I got some time in last night late. The loot drops were definitely higher. I got one legendary. I thought it was interesting that you have a time limit on trading legendary drops before they are account bound. I'm curious to see how that shakes out with the community. The level increase is going to make for a lot of level 60 gear to flood the market when it goes live.
Prime0882
AG
quote:
The level increase is going to make for a lot of level 60 gear to flood the market when it goes live.

After the 18th (I think) there will no longer be a market... The Auction House is gone after that date, and that timer will be applicable to you and anyone else that was in your party when the legendary drops. After that timer is up, it's BoA.
benMath08
AG
One cool clan feature is that you can see all the legendaries we've all looted. I'm jealous of that one-handed crossbow two of you found...
Hagen95
AG
I did send a clan request last night.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.