KOTOR iPad!

1,721 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Malachi Constant
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KOTOR for iPad was finally announced and is available for download today! Anyone else getting it?

itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-wars-knights-old-republic/id611436052?mt=8

[This message has been edited by mbole11 (edited 5/30/2013 3:05p).]
Phat32
AG
Thanks for the heads up, downloading when I get home.
Wildmen03
AG
itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-wars-knights-old-republic/id611436052?mt=8
OldArmy07
AG
Whoever plays it first, let us know how it controls?

Is it the full KOTOR game with added touch screen controls or a smaller version for the ipad?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
IGN's review says that the touch controls work great for most things, but movement is difficult.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/30/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-ipad-review
Thunder18
AG
AWESOME...will also download when I get home
SanAntonioAg09
Do you need an iPad 2 for this or no? The note says you do but the app info just says you need an iPad.
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
It says iOS 6 which I do not believe the iPad 1 will run, but the iPad 2+ will.
Phat32
AG
movement's kind of a pain, but they've integrated everything else well...

I love this game, so I'm probably blinded
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Honestly, I think comments about movement were overblown. It isn't as good as a pc, but its not completely terrible.

Great game.
Philo B 93
Please tell me what is so great about this game.

I played it a little on the PC eight or nine years ago. All I remember is running around desert-scapes or space ships and having slow turn based battles that I never really understood. I had been spoiled by the instant action and scenery from GTA: Vice City, and KOTOR just seemed too slow.

Should I give it another try on the ipad mini now that I'm older and more patient? I'm still a big Star Wars fan.
Phat32
AG
I always thought the strength in this game was being able to play it as a dark or light side Jedi.
Idk3
AG
Not a big gamer anymore, but I would love to play a new Star Wars game like KOTOR. If anyone has a rec for the 360 let me know.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
I always thought the strength in this game was being able to play it as a dark or light side Jedi.

Kind of yeah. Was the first game for me that you could at through and have tons of endings based on how you played the game (choosing the dark side or the light side).
slickag2007
AG
I second the question on what the minimum ipad you have to have is. I have the original ipad, and would love to play back through this game. One of my favorite games.
Malachi Constant
AG
Just finished two play throughs, one light side and one dark.

The game was always great but I think it's actually better on iPad. The load times are damn near instantaneous, which is a HUGE improvement over the XBOX.

Also, the controls take a little getting used to, but if you have a stylus it makes it really easy.

The only thing that sucked was the swoop races, so I skipped them except for on Taris where it's part of the plot.

Sorry to bump a 2 year old thread, but I've recently heard KOTOR 2 may be coming to iPad.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.