Xcom: Enemy Unknown

1,073 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by KidDoc
wee_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been home sick from work this past week so I decided to overpay for the download version of Xcom for Xbox... let me just say this game is freaking awesome.

Besides a little wonky controls and menu system, it's a fantastic game. It's a great re-imagining of the original. Highly recommend!
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Just finished it yesterday, and it definitely gets a thumbs up from me. I was surprised at how much I actually started to care about individual soldiers along the way. I didn't play second wave and at the end I was ready to move on to something else, but if I had it to do over again, that's the route I'd choose. Either way, great game.
kbassil
AG
I watched the yogscast guys play through this and it seemed legit. I especially enjoyed the in-between mission gameplay... where you research and customize and outfit, etc.
Prime0882
AG
Got the Enemy Within DLC at half price during the Steam Holiday sale, and it was worth it. Completely changes the flow and narrative of the game. The Mec soldiers are pretty good... I wouldn't make more than one though.

Anyone else try this one out? I've only played on normal so far... thinking I might need to try a classic ironman game and really test myself.
HBtriplesticks
AG
Enemy within forces you to make tough tactical(battlfield) and strategic(base) decisions. Do I get risky and send someone after the meld? Do I go mec (no cover but offensive juggernaut) or gene mod (ability based but less drastic). Love this game!
BallerStaf2003
AG
Easily one of the best strategy games of all time.
CypressAg13
AG
Really really really wish they would come out with this (or something similar) on the vita.

Advance wars and fire emblem were staples of my DS days, and xcom is a better, 3d version of that style of game.
KidDoc
AG
I picked this up after the free play weekend on Steam for like $12 for all of the DLC and both games. Very addictive and you do start to treasure your experienced soldiers. My first play through I went research heavy and had tons of stuff researched and didn't have cash to pay for it all and got my ass handed to me in a base invasion. So now I am focusing more on getting cash and doing much better.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
On my 2nd round I stumbled onto the grey market and wow that helps the cash flow! Also figured out you could build more than one facility item at a time.. doh!

Great game though already burned 20 hours playing and stayed up too late last night for "just one more mission".
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.