Xbox Live status code: 80190826

6,466 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by wee_ag
wee_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bought Bastion from the Microsoft Store (they are offering 'The Maw' free right now) and they sent me a code for the download. Entered my code, takes me to the download screen and when i click download it brings up "Can't retrieve information from Xbox Live. Please try again later. Status code: 80190826" The free game 'The Maw' downloaded with no issues.

Asked XboxSupport on twitter, they told me call billing. On the phone with billing for an hour, they couldn't figure it out (had never seen code before) and said a supervisor would call. Missed that call and the number they left was generic to Xbox Support. Spent half an hour with someone else, who had never seen the code either. Now waiting for ANOTHER callback.

Anybody seen this before?

[This message has been edited by wee_ag (edited 7/24/2011 11:59a).]
wee_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finally got this one figured out in case anyone else has this problem. Xbox support finally realized they had put a fraud block on any purchases made with one of my credit cards because I previously had made several purchases within a few days on the xbox store. They removed the block and I was then able to download the game. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me if they add the block and then say they've never heard of the problem before, but I appreciate the effort to keep my account safe.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.