Help!! Error Message on Sony DVD Player

7,600 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by MSCAg
FSGuide
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a Sony DVD player that is a few years old. It is a 5-disc player, model # DVP NC-625. Yesterday we started receiving Error Code E-26:00. The drawer will close but discs will not play. It was fine on the previous day.

We just moved into a new house and our cable will not be hooked up until Monday. Our two little kids are having cartoon witdrawal and I thought the dvd player would be my solution but, well.........crap.

Anyone have any solutions to this (besides getting a new player)?

Jack Thauer
AG
Have you tried the Sony website? I know they have all of their error codes for the ps3 on there.

Speaking of which, this would be a great time to upgrade to bluray!
OldArmyBrent
AG
Not sure how old yours is, but Sony had some trouble with their firmware that basically turned some of their DVD players into large expensive paperweights after the warranty expired. It actually ended up as a class action suit, but Sony never came up with an easy solution. I just gave up and got a Panasonic.
FSGuide
I briefly looked on the Sony website but did not have a lot of time as we were still in the middle of unpacking and getting settled in. We already have one blue ray player and if I have to replace this player I will get another blue ray. I just thought if I could salvage it for the game room it would be worth a shot.
MSCAg
AG
One suggestion I saw from a quick google, take it for what it is.

- 21st Feb 2007 2:46
This happens when something gets loaded wrong in the player. Unplug it, let it sit over nite, sometimes this will reset the player

Another
My son and I just turned the unit upside down and opened it allowed the tray to open. Apparently the disks weren't seated properly. In order for it to open they need to be seated or totally not found...which is what we fooled it into believing. Once it opened we were able to shake the disks out. Everything's back to normal now!

Another...little work
Removed outer cover.
Unscrewed center screw on 5 disc exchanger tray.
Removed exchanger.
Operated system without tray.
Received error message E 27 00
Replaced exchanger tray and tightened center screw.
Operated player with eject button and it functioned correctly.
Replaced outer cover. Tested with DVD. All OK.

[This message has been edited by MSCAg (edited 8/16/2010 9:33a).]
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.