TAMU email after graduation

19,121 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by The Pilot
JCarter1017
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hear that my tamu email will shut off about 6 months after graduation.

Does anyone know if it's possible (or who to email) about extending this to about a year or 2?

I doubt anyone will want my netID anyway. It's just that I have a bunch of business cards that I'll still be using with my tamu email printed on it as opposed to my earthlink. I have friends who graduated from Yale who still use their Yale email so I was wondering if Aggies could do the same.

Could we at least have emails forwarded for life?
Karrde
AG
You can get an aggie network email and use that I believe.
Oglethorpedo
Get a gmail account like the rest of the grownups.
defroach
who uses earthlink emails?
rbcs_2
AG
It kind of just depends on who is cleaning house I believe. Mine was shut down a few weeks after graduation. This guy that I used to work with had his for about 4 months after he finished school.

Just plan on not having it and everything will be fine.
Fuzzbutt
AG
I had mine for a long time. It was longer than a year. Not sure why.
lazuras_dc
AG
It's been 3 years and mine is still active. I am still a student in the HSC, but we have our own e-mail domains for that so not sure why neo is still working.
Savory
neo is still working because you're still apart of the tamu system.

and to the OP, plan on using a different email address.
3rdGenAg06
AG
Okay I dug up my email that I received in June of 2008:

quote:
Our records show that you are a former student of Texas A&M University who has not enrolled in classes for at least six months. As a result, your Texas A&M Email (Neo) account is scheduled to be deleted on Wednesday, July 9, 2008:

Email Address: ***@neo.tamu.edu

You will retain your NetID and can keep using your @tamu.edu address(es) with email forwarding privileges for 18 more months:

It had actually been almost a year since I was enrolled, not 6 months. At that point I provided a forwarding address and continued receiving messages sent to my tamu email for 1 1/2 years. During that time be sure to note which are being forwarded and notify the sender of you new email or change your account settings with whatever company is using the old one still. I occasionally run across an online account that I have forgotten the password for and they want to send a reminder to my tamu address that is now inaccessible.
Silver Eagle
AG
quote:
You can get an aggie network email and use that I believe.

True, but aggienetwork email only forwards to another e-mail address. It doesn't provide actual storage.
TAMU_IT
You can use your @tamu.edu address as a forwarding address for two years after graduation, but your @neo.tamu.edu mail box is deleted six months after you leave Texas A&M.

Your @tamu.edu address can be set up to forward to any mail box you choose. If you want to change where your mail is delivered, go to http://gateway.tamu.edu and click "Edit your account information."

Texas A&M Information Technology
Texas A&M University

http://IT.tamu.edu
Follow us on Twitter!
Fly Army 97
Wow. I just graduated from another university, and our emails are good for life. They like having alumni using their edu address. Having said that, I don't get my diploma for 6 months.

People were surprised when I told them how big A&M was and that I got my diploma at graduation.
helgs
AG
quote:

THIS x eleventy. OP, when I see people with Aggienetwork/neo emails I just roll my eyes. Grow up and get a normal email account.
helgs
AG
quote:
People were surprised when I told them how big A&M was and that I got my diploma at graduation.

Same. I'm graduating from law school on Friday. I have a paper due on that same day and I stupidly raised my hand and asked how the professor was going to grade 30 papers in one day. He looked at me and said, graduation is just a ceremony, you get your diploma in 3 months. I told classmates that aren't Aggies that we got our diplomas on graduation day. Apparently that is the minority.

My entire graduating class is 180.

[This message has been edited by helgs (edited 5/11/2010 9:21a).]
Silver Eagle
AG
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS x eleventy. OP, when I see people with Aggienetwork/neo emails I just roll my eyes. Grow up and get a normal email account.

I have my aggienetwork address forwarding to my gmail address...
Anyone can get a gmail account, but not everyone can get an aggienetwork account.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
I have my aggienetwork address forwarding to my gmail address...
Anyone can get a gmail account, but not everyone can get an aggienetwork account.

This x eleventybillion.
The Pilot
AG
I graduated in August and about 3 wks ago lost access to email.tamu.edu.
Post removed:
by user
Silver Eagle
AG
quote:
I'm mature enough to not need an Aggie email address.

I don't see a correlation between e-mail addresses of any sort and maturity.
TMoney2007
AG
Get new business cards?
The Pilot
AG
quote:
I'm mature enough to not need an Aggie email address.

Or just maybe we don't want to go through the hassle of changing email addresses with credit card companies, etc. Idiot.

Who the hell would send emails from an .edu addy to impress someone?
Post removed:
by user
Tmoneyag99
AG
Never used my Neo account. Of course that's just because they didn't use it then like they do now. always had a hotmail account.

Recently I pop'd my outlook on my computer with my G'mail. you could do that pop your outlook with your Neo and get your email that way. or just forward your info to a gmail account and chill. Not that difficult.
The Pilot
AG
quote:
If you can't figure out how to change your email address on file with the credit card companies, how did you earn your degree?

Its not about not knowing how to log into your cc accounts and changing your profile email address. Its about having to do that for 3 credit cards, 2 bank accounts, utilities, etc. More of a pain in the ass than not knowing how to do it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.