Help a Commish Allow or Veto a Trade

1,019 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Texags is garbage
Jimmy Conway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Team A trading Cam Newton to Team B straight up for Blake Bortles.

On the surface it seems a lil lobsided. But a lil more background here: Team A is 1-6 and Team B is 5-2. . Team A has verbally pretty much said his season is tanked and that he sees little hope. But Team A and Team B do not even know one another outside this league so I don't see it as a coordinated collusion but possibly just one guy tanking outa frustration but that makes another team stronger.

I usually am very laid back on trades and its rare I veto any. Should I veto this one though? I can see other league members being pizzed and I think I can see their point.
Enviroag02
AG
I think it would be collusion if Team A (the one tanking) was giving up Newton. Honestly, I don't see a reason for Team B to do that unless it was collusion, but collusion doesnt make sense in this case either because Bortles is worthless.
Jimmy Conway
Enviroag02 said:

I think it would be collusion if Team A (the one tanking) was giving up Newton. Honestly, I don't see a reason for Team B to do that unless it was collusion, but collusion doesnt make sense in this case either because Bortles is worthless.
UGH...Damn I actually listed it backwards. It actually IS Team A trading Cam to Team B for Bortles. My apologies. I edited the OP.
ac04
definitely odd. i am against trade vetos as a general rule, but i also encourage teams who are clearly out of the hunt to stop making trades.
Enviroag02
AG
Yep to me that is the very definition of collusion...veto away!
Buck Compton
AG
Yeah, collusion/competitive balance veto. I'd reject it cause the guy dealing cam (immediately AFTER his bye week) is just being a spoiled sport.
LB12Diamond
AG
Trade makes no sense, would not accept.
Iowaggie
AG
Ask Team A owner to justify how he thinks this makes his team better, and if he would be making the same trade if he was 6-1 instead of 1-6.
Floyd Falcon Sr
AG
Doesn't matter if team A owner can justify thinking bortles is better or not. It is an uneven trade. Not a single other person in the league thinks bortles will be close to Cam the rest of season. Text them all and ask. Then use that as your justification to veto.

Btw I almost NEVER veto a trade because most of the time both teams genuinely think they are making their teams better. But this dude is just trying to stick it to the league and give up his best player.
Texags is garbage
Veto and make sure he isn't in the league next season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.