(3-4) What do I do with this team?

2,326 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by DuckDown2013
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
QB; Tom Brady, Andy Dalton
RB: LeVeon Bell, Lamar Miller, Jonathan Stewart, Ty Montomery, Dion Lewis, DeAngelo Williams
WR: AJ Green, Brandin Cooks, DeSean Jackson, Travis Benjamin,Kenny Britt
TE: Cameron Brate
D/ST: New England
K: Mason Crosby

I am in a 10 team standard scoring league where only four teams make the playoffs and my team is struggling pretty bad. What kind of moves should I make and where can I improve the most to salvage the season and potentially make the playoffs?
Saint Pablo
If the title didn't make it clear, I am 3-4 and underwhelmed with this squad
Obi Wan Ginobili
zk said:

QB; Tom Brady, Andy Dalton
RB: LeVeon Bell, Lamar Miller, Jonathan Stewart, Ty Montomery, Dion Lewis, DeAngelo Williams
WR: AJ Green, Brandin Cooks, DeSean Jackson, Travis Benjamin,Kenny Britt
TE: Cameron Brate
D/ST: New England
K: Mason Crosby

I am in a 10 team standard scoring league where only four teams make the playoffs and my team is struggling pretty bad. What kind of moves should I make and where can I improve the most to salvage the season and potentially make the playoffs?
I would maybe look at trading some depth for a better TE, but other than that, your team should start winning soon.

Tom Brady revenge tour, coupled with LeVeon and AJ Green should keep you competitive most weeks.

I guess you could look into flipping either Miller or Stewart and one of your WR for a better TE, but I doubt any of the upper tier TE's will be let go. That position is just so weak right now.
agproducer
AG
I'm of the mindset, you have a pretty good squad. Brady will provide you a boost. Most of your losses likely came with Dalton. Your TE position is weak. You can look to the waiver wire. You won't get an upper-echelon TE, but the position is a crap shoot with emphasis on crap.

I'd stay put. You can roll off a few wins and be back in it.
Saint Pablo
My problems have probably been more with Lamar Miller than anything, he has been a bust (other than last week) all year long
DuckDown2013
AG
Package 2 players for a tier 1 player. Ty Montgomery and Lamar Miller for a tier 1 RB for example. All depends on what people's outlook of Miller is of course. I believe he is going to have a strong season the rest of the way. He was a little banged up last night so he split with Alfred blue but this is his backfield and there aren't many teams with a primary RB these days.
DuckDown2013
AG
But with the addition of Tmontgimery, it might be worth waiting it out although leveon is on bye this week.

You need to win NOW so it might be worth even trading leveon for a tier 1 RB who has already had his bye.
tmaggie50
AG
If you are going to trade for a tier 1 player, I would try to make sure he's already had his bye or that you would be alright on his bye week
Saint Pablo
Fortunately I play the worst team in the league this week and I think he has cracked 90 points once this year, so I think I will survive without LeVeon this week...but next week without Brady, AJ, Lamar, NE D/ST, and Andy Dalton, I am stressing a lot
W
AG
one small thing...look for Justin Tucker on the waiver wire if he gets dropped. Would be an upgrade over Crosby.

also DJax is the WR50 in fantasy scoring (non-PPR). He's not worth holding onto if there's a more desirable RB or WR on the waiver wire. Check for Michael Thomas or maybe Donte Moncrief or DaVante Adams.

the week 9 streaming defense options are not too good. Dallas (at the Browns) or Miami (vs. the Jets) are probably the best two
W
AG
and for a quick trade...offer Andy Dalton to the owner of Philip Rivers. Their difference in fantasy scoring is just 6 points.

Rivers' owner definitely does not want to start him at Denver this week. He could start Dalton instead. And then your team could start Rivers in week 9 vs. the Titans
Saint Pablo
Yeah I am targeting Davante Adams, I also proposed the trade for Rivers...the other owner has Brees so idk if he will be up for it
Rice and Fries
Pick up Dallas D/ST for next week against the browns. Solves that issue.
Saint Pablo
Wow. I lost this week...took crappy advice and was slated to start Ty Montgomery and left JStew on my bench. After Monty was declared out I scrambled and started Kniles off waivers since all the noon games had started. Being 3-5 with Brady, AJ, and Lamar on bye weeks...I am probably done for at this point
DuckDown2013
AG
zk said:

Wow. I lost this week...took crappy advice and was slated to start Ty Montgomery and left JStew on my bench. After Monty was declared out I scrambled and started Kniles off waivers since all the noon games had started. Being 3-5 with Brady, AJ, and Lamar on bye weeks...I am probably done for at this point
Well the Ty Montgomery thing was so wierd. ALL week the reporters were saying he was sick but would play. I think this was more of an issue of Green Bay being sneaky trying to hide the fact that they were going to have ZERO running game. That being said he should be in for a large roll next week, so stay patient with him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.