Can't roll with Bortles any longer....Trade Offer

1,992 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Goldie Wilson
Enviroag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My Team:

QB: Big Ben and Bortles
WR: Arob, Cooper, Pryor
RB: Miller, Howard, Michael, Stewart, Martin, Quizz
TE: Olsen and Barnidge (about to drop)

I've been offered EITHER Cam Newton or Tom Brady for CMike AND Quizz?

Some reports say Big Ben would have played Week 7 if it was a playoff game, and he should be back for Week 9. This means at best I'm rolling with Bortles for two weeks.

Also, it looks like Rawls will be back in two weeks and should cut in to CMike's carries. Likewise, Doug Martin will be back at some point, likely Week 9.

GMM
If you feel good about preying on the mentally handicapped then yeah, sure, go ahead and accept the trade for Brady
Enviroag02
AG
so what you are saying is that it is a very good trade? I get Brady, give CMike and Quizz, and drop Bortles?

I'm hearing some rumblings that Martin may be done for the year. Havent seen it on any reputable site, just some random comments on Sleeperbot.
W
AG
what's your record / place in the standings?

Russell Wilson's owner would probably be open to a deal for maybe just 1 RB. Seattle has a good matchup at New Orleans week 8. He would just be a 1-week fill-in until Big Ben comes back in week 9.

one problem with trading away both RB's...Howard has a bad matchup week 8 at Minnesota. And we don't how dinged up Lamar is
ac04
would stream instead. wentz, cousins, alex smith, mariota, jameis all have nice week 8 matchups. week 9 you could go bradford, tannehill, jameis, smith, or bortles.

brady is nice but you're giving up a ton at the position with the most scarcity in exchange for a position that you can piece together week to week.
Enviroag02
AG
It is a 10 team standard league with 4 teams making the playoffs. I am currently in 4th place with a record of 4-3.

1st Place Team is 7-0
2nd Place Team is 5-2
3rd Place Team is 4-3
My Team is 4-3
5th Place Team is 3-4
Etc

Mariota, Cousins, Winston, and Smith are not available.
ac04
so there are still a few options out there. if i were you i'd be trying to upgrade WR instead of QB.
Enviroag02
AG
You consider the following to be "options"?

Tannehill
Fitzpatrick
Flacco
Cutler
Osweiler
Wentz
Bradford
Keenum
Siemian
ac04
for a one week rental against a bad pass defense, yes.
Enviroag02
AG
With that rationale I should drop Bortles and pickup either Osweiler vs DET or Fitzpatrick vs CLE? I watched Osweiler last night and Fitz was benched for Geno for a reason. Those are better options than Bortles vs. TEN? Man I can't believe how far he's fallen...
ac04
i didn't mention either of those guys when i was talking about week 8 streaming options, they're both playing awful. you're looking for a decent QB against a bad defense. of the guys available in your league, i would probably go wentz against dallas since A) i think he's a better QB than either of the two you mentioned and B) dallas is the 4th worst fantasy defense vs the pass.

bortles is a disaster right now and he has horrible matchups in week 13 and 14 as well.

this is just my opinion, if you want brady get him. but personally there's no way i'd give those 2 RBs. QBs are the easiest position to predict week to week and there is almost always someone on the wire who can produce a decent game against a bad matchup. your weekly options on the wire at RB and WR will never be as good as what you can find at QB. so i stack depth at the most valuable positions and play matchups at QB (unless i get lucky and draft a late QB who blows up or grab one off waivers who gets hot).
Enviroag02
AG
where do you see that Dallas is 4th worst against the pass? All the stats I see on ESPN show them to be Top Half best
rangerdanger
AG
I would look for the Andy Dalton owner in your league and see if he would do a swap for Bortles and something small. I got Dalton as the starter in my league and he's usually put up 20 pts in standard on a week to week basis. I think his TD count will go up once Eifert is back to full speed.
ac04
should have clarified, they are 4th worst in number of QB fantasy points per game given up compared to the number of points per game the opponents QBs have scored in their other games. so it is adjusted based on relative strength of the QBs they've faced so far.
DuckDown2013
AG
SIAP but sell high on quiz and c mike if possible. Doug Martin is coming back soon
DuckDown2013
AG
Seems like Lamar will be fine for next week.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Always stupid to trade for QBs as the main piece
Enviroag02
AG
Is McCown vs NYJ a better play that Wentz vs Detroit? I have Pryor at WR but I'm going to the Dallas game tomorrow night so I have interest either way haha.
DuckDown2013
AG
hope you stayed with bortles last week...
Enviroag02
AG
I did not so I'm stuck with either Wentz or McCown tomorrow.
DuckDown2013
AG
tough but I like Mccown to be slinging it tomorrow. He has apparently been looking great in practice and he has some weapons.
ac04
would go wentz over mccown. might go with osweiler over both of them after looking at the defenses again. he sucks, but DET pass D has made several bad QBs look very good
Goldie Wilson
I wouldn't give up anything of value for a QB in a 10 team league
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.