*** Denver vs Houston***

18,470 Views | 378 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dreyOO
AggieTFA06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FIRE RICK SMITH & BILL O'BRIEN!
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
bilbobag
Coaches will never throw their players under the bus in pressers.. you will immediately lose the players. Behind close doors, different story.

The offense is so out of sync. Texans haven't figured out how to create chemistryand use the pieces they have. Brock biggest problem right now is he can't get past his first progression. Too slow.. game is moving to fast for him right now.

If this doesn't warm Rick's seat and eventually get him fired, nothing will.

On to next week.
BMX Bandit
Tough to win games when you can't throw, can't block, and can't stop the run.

What's the line gets healthy, what is back in the sign manziel, everything should be fine
bilbobag
Well at least OL didn't give up a sack..
bilbobag
Should be an interesting day here on Kirby..
bdgol07
AG
Interesting isn't the word I was thinking
bilbobag
Initial assessment this morning on Newt is the patella tendon on one of the injuries, the tendon ripped off the bone. Like last night the biggest question is nerve damage.. He's looking at a year recovery at least.. that's the timetable this morning.

Newt is at the hospital as we speak.
Mr.Bond
AG
Well, enjoy retirement Newton. ****
tremble
AG
So we need to get a new LT and move Brown over?

What a season
texsn95
AG
ragarmweiler
Sq16Aggie2006
Mr.Bond said:

Well, enjoy retirement Newton. ****

Yep, he wasnt that great to begin with, throw another year on him and major surgery and I cant see anyone being that interested
bilbobag
Breaking down tape. Ugh.

This will sound weird but I would bench Brock for this week. He's mental mush right now. Game is moving to fast for him.

Also Wide outs having trouble with press coverage. Have to find ways to get these guy open better and they need to do a better job of coming off the line and creating space.

Let Brock see how the offense is ran from the sidelines. OB did this with Fitz and it helped Fitz.. Basically, give him two weeks to get his head right.
Frok
AG
Quote:

If this doesn't warm Rick's seat and eventually get him fired, nothing will.

He won't get fired, they just extended him through 2020. Plus the Texans still have 4 games against the AFC South left to cushion the current administration.

Last night should be a wake up call on who the real goat of the Texans front office is.
Ag_07
AG
Panama Red
AG
bilbobag said:

Breaking down tape. Ugh.

This will sound weird but I would bench Brock for this week. He's mental mush right now. Game is moving to fast for him.

Also Wide outs having trouble with press coverage. Have to find ways to get these guy open better and they need to do a better job of coming off the line and creating space.

Let Brock see how the offense is ran from the sidelines. OB did this with Fitz and it helped Fitz.. Basically, give him two weeks to get his head right.

Is benching an actual possibility?
bilbobag
You can always fire someone
bilbobag
Or reassign
Panama Red
AG
Or rearrange chairs on the deck of the Titanic
mm98
AG
A 3.1 yards per attempt average...wow.

I wonder what Savage must be thinking.
W
AG
ESPN tweeted...last night was the 11th prime time game this year that has been decided by 14 or more points --- the league is having a tough time getting competitive matchups
bilbobag
The Texans have issues all over the place. Defensive line is a mess. Poor technique everywhere. Didn't really like the Weaver hire
W
AG
one note...a Denver-Houston rematch in the playoffs is not out of the question if the Raiders or Chiefs win the AFC West
redag06
So a repeat of last years playoff game.
IrishAg
Sorry if this is the 1000th time this has been brought up, but I avoided all internet based conversation last night on this game. With that said, is Coach BoB so entrenched that he won't adjust his offense? It seems like they bring in Prosch every so often into an eye formation this year, run the ball once, get 7 yards, and then not attempt that again for at least 2 quarters. Our RBs averaged 5.64 YPC last night, but we never seem to commit to running the ball. We had multiple drives where first down got more than 5 yards on a run and then 2nd and 3rd were incomplete passes. With a QB who looks like he's scared at his shadow, you would think we could adjust and try to take the pressure off.
BohunkAg
AG
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17885734/houston-texans-coach-bill-obrien-says-considered-benching-brock-osweiler?sf39883237=1

Quote:

Osweiler became the first quarterback in league history to have three games in a single season with fewer than 200 yards on 40 attempts in each game -- and Osweiler did so by Week 7.
MelvinUdall
I have avoided this thread since last night so I can wrap my mind what I have seen in some of these games. Honestly the Texans have lost me, to an extent, as a fan. I have made them appointment viewing since the inception of the team, even having season tickets for a couple of seasons. I simply can't do it anymore, I can no longer invest my time and energy in this organization. This isn't a BOB or Brock issue, this is a culmination of mediocre to bad play, simply tired of waiting for this organization to turn the corner.

Yes I know this is a Dear Diary post, but IDGAF.
Buck Compton
AG
Two GMs that pretty much haven't been worth a **** and an owner that refuses to hold anybody in the organization truly accountable and attempts to disguise it as a moral high ground of "loyalty". We are going to make the playoffs again somehow this year because we are in the worst division in football and no change will be made.

Charlie Casserly and Rick Smith. That is the steaming pile of **** that represents the entire 14-season history of the Texans GM position. This is Smith's tenth year. Let that set in. The Texans were 73-71 under his watch before this season. That is literally the worst thing you can do in the NFL - be consistently mediocre. Could be another .500 type season but it will be justified with the playoffs (and rewarded with a ****ty draft pick that won't fill the holes on our roster). If the management won't care, it's best not to as a fan either.
Buck Compton
AG
That being said, I don't make them appointment viewing or get as wrapped up in them as I used to. I haven't for the past few years since it was clear Rick Smith wasn't getting the job done but wasn't going to get fired. This is a problem with organizational attitude and that starts at the top. If McNair isn't serious about winning, then neither will the rest of the organization.

Even discounting for all of the injuries this season, we have a pretty solid defense. If Watt comes back, then can't complain about much on this side of the ball production-wise.

The offensive effort last night (and most of the season) was just historically bad. It wasn't even always a Brock issue (although it was most of the time)... Any time we play an above average defense, BOB looks defeated before we even start the game. Complete lack of leadership. He plays the most conservative football I have ever seen and is as predictable as Kubiak used to be. Maybe he is concerned about Brock turning the ball over, but a great coach finds ways to scheme with the personnel you have. Look no further than Belichick beating us with Jacoby Brissett at QB.
W
AG
good comments above...

2 more...

--- the Texans appear caught in the old "Utah Jazz syndrome." Because the division is so bad, the team will probably make the playoffs again; get knocked out in the first round; and end up with the 20th or 21st overall pick.

--- Kubiak's offense thru the years has been described in many ways, but one way has always been "simple." It's easy for the QB to learn. Whereas with O'Brien I always here "complex" or "complicated -- takes a while to learn" and so forth. Who is requiring BoB to have such a complex offensive scheme?
dreyOO
imho, the Texans are just a loser organization in that they don't demand winning. Maybe that's a bit harsh, but when you're skimming by at .500 for years in this garbage division, I think it fits. You'll never see the texans draft Dez Bryants or Shane Rays. They'd rather have great locker room guys.

They'd rather have Matt Schaub then give a shot to Peyton Manning. And then they double-down with One Read Brock. Yeah, they're mediocre players, but hey, JJ Watt is awesome, the stands are full, and the fans don't demand more.

And to the guy who called out Casserly and Smith, man, that's just depressing.

good luck to you loyal fans. I've moved towns so it's easier for me to transition. I'll always consider myself an oilers fan, but not so much on the Texans. They are easy for me to put in the secondary fan category. Last night, i was pulling for the broncos all the way. The Texans suck and will continue to do so as long as their leadership remains intact. 10 years of Rick Smith....geez

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.