NYG Josh Brown making headlines again for Domestic Violence

1,721 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BMX Bandit
allknowinag82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/10/giants_josh_brown_admitted_to_domestic_violence_on.html

Prayers sent for those that Josh Brown (kicker) has abused physically, mentally, and emotionally over the years... dating back to his suspension at Nebraska for domestic violence.
W
AG
the Giants organization is a disgrace. Back in August either the team president or GM made some comments -- talking like he was some kind of domestic violence expert -- on behalf or in defense Brown. He should be fired immediately
PooDoo
AG
Another nut from Nebraska.
Ag_07
AG
Another botched domestic violence investigation by the NFL.

You investigate the guy and make a ruling only to later have someone else uncover some damning evidence and now you have to go back and reopen the investigation.

So much incompetence running the NFL.
benMath08
AG
Ag_07 said:

Another botched domestic violence investigation by the NFL.

You investigate the guy and make a ruling only to later have someone else uncover some damning evidence and now you have to go back and reopen the investigation.

So much incompetence running the NFL.
Just to play devil's advocate, how was the NFL supposed to "uncover" private journal entries and notes from a presumably confidential counseling session? They aren't the police.
ac04
http://deadspin.com/1788049920
Ag_07
AG
If there's any private entity that can dig up things it's the NFL. You're right that they aren't the police but they're pretty damn close.

It's just another black eye (no pun intended) for an organization with a history of mishandling stuff like this.
BMX Bandit
The police released documents that they previously refused to release. I don't think anyone "Dug these up"

It's because the NFL has done such a terrible job in the past but a lot of these cases that makes this look like another screwup. But I'm not sure what else I could've done in terms of investigation
MelvinUdall
BMX Bandit said:

The police released documents that they previously refused to release. I don't think anyone "Dug these up"

It's because the NFL has done such a terrible job in the past but a lot of these cases that makes this look like another screwup. But I'm not sure what else I could've done in terms of investigation

BMX I am with you on this deal, I am not sure what else the NFL could have done given the information they had at that time. I know it is fun to criticize the NFL with the way they have handled suspensions, which has been warranted, I am not sure that this is one of those times.
BMX Bandit
And I don't see why reopening the investigation is a big deal. They have new information Previously unavailable about additional incidents
W
AG
the other thing...organizations like the Giants, Ravens, etc.., always assume that the player in question is telling them the truth. They should know by now that athletes will lie and lie and lie some more to keep the $$$ coming in. You can't be that naive --- unless of course you're trying to avoid the truth to keep the player on the field
ja86
AG
BMX Bandit said:

according to the King County sheriffs office, the person requesting the information never identified himself as working for NFL security pursuing an internal investigation. Therefore, a private individual was not deemed to have need of the files and they were not released.

The NFL can now show plausible deniability to cover up their screw up.
BMX Bandit
That's definitely a bad look for NFL

But Kings County also said others did say they were with the NFL and they were told no.

Meanwhile, Giants coach McAdoo shoves his foot in his mouth. "Won't turn out back on Brown"
benMath08
AG
Frankly, I don't think the NFL should be in the business of private investigations of their players. If my employer fired me because I was charged (not convicted, just charged) with a crime I would be livid. We have a justice system with all its checks and balances for a reason. If this guy hits his wife he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and go to prison. The NFL should be irrelevant to that.

If for some reason Josh Brown admitted to the NFL or Giants ownership that he beat his wife and they covered it up, that's obviously terrible. If you can prove to me they did that, please do so.
JSKolache
AG
sociopath alert
diehard03
Quote:

Frankly, I don't think the NFL should be in the business of private investigations of their players. If my employer fired me because I was charged (not convicted, just charged) with a crime I would be livid. We have a justice system with all its checks and balances for a reason. If this guy hits his wife he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and go to prison. The NFL should be irrelevant to that.

I don't get this stance...for better or worse, the lives of the players are part of the product of the NFL and the company has a right (and duty to shareholders) to protect that product in the marketplace. You don't want people to stop consuming the product, which has begun to happen.

This is part of the deal between athlete and team: athlete makes a ton of money, but gives up plenty of rights to do so. Why? Because the athlete is the product.
ce1994
AG
diehard:

Ray Rice lost millions of dollars. His wife begged people to leave them alone.

We are in the business today of ruining lives, not rehabbing them.

Do you get that? It can happen to you one day as well. Then you would change your tune. One off color joke and you are done.
diehard03
Ray rice lost millions because he ruined his product: his image as a promotional icon for the nfl. He alone made the mistake. He knew full well there would be consequences for being an embarrassment to his employer when he signed his contract.

Edit: I don't condone any evil directed towards him from fans. I am speaking only about the employee/employer relationship
BMX Bandit
BMX Bandit said:

Giants coach McAdoo shoves his foot in his mouth. "Won't turn our back on Brown"

Brown has been cut by the Giants
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.