Jason Garret Needs to put his foot down

4,387 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by PooDoo
Ag Natural
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Macarthur said:

Say Chowdah said:

Macarthur said:

Take a look at this.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career_playoffs.htm

So Romo is better than Brady, both Mannings, Favre, Aikman and Young?

As UK said, I'm certainly not saying that. I'm just trying to dispell this narrative that Romo is some sort of choke artist and that if the Cowboys had just had a diff QB, the franchise would have been so much better off....
i'll say it again, people who use that narrative usually spend Sunday's either watching their own favorite team, or not watching the Cowboys. at least not on a regular basis. it's completely impossible to watch every Cowboys game/Romo Start, AND know football and to still blame him for the Cowboys misfortunes.
Nobody is blaming Romo anymore. That narrative died when the team couldn't win a single game with him injured last year. That is.. unless you get your football talk from The View or Good Morning America.
PatAg
AG
or read any cowboys thread..or hear loud mouth jackwagons at the bar
There's a lot of haters out there with no facts to back it up
Darth Football
Ag Natural said:

Macarthur said:

Say Chowdah said:

Macarthur said:

Take a look at this.

As UK said, I'm certainly not saying that. I'm just trying to dispell this narrative that Romo is some sort of choke artist and that if the Cowboys had just had a diff QB, the franchise would have been so much better off....
i'll say it again, people who use that narrative usually spend Sunday's either watching their own favorite team, or not watching the Cowboys. at least not on a regular basis. it's completely impossible to watch every Cowboys game/Romo Start, AND know football and to still blame him for the Cowboys misfortunes.
Nobody is blaming Romo anymore. That narrative died when the team couldn't win a single game with him injured last year. That is.. unless you get your football talk from The View or Good Morning America.
Simply untrue. Read more message board, get out more.
PooDoo
AG
He probably means nobody with any credibility is blaming Romo. There are plenty of idiots with opinions.
Bullmoose
AG
Romo hasn't done a damn thing and never will, that is a fact and will never change no matter how much you squeal like 13 year old boy getting to 2nd base for the first time.
Darth Football

Darth Football
Quote:

Romo hasn't done a damn thing and never will, that is a fact and will never change no matter how much you squeal like 13 year old boy getting to 2nd base for the first time.
I guess you are right!
Rudyjax
AG
Bullmoose said:

He kept them flirting with the playoffs every year avoiding the Cowboys a high enough draft pick to draft a real QB!
Ag Natural
AG
Bullmoose said:

That's exactly what I mean. I've bumped into plenty of idiots who blame Romo for everything. But idiots don't matter when it comes to football legacy. The fact is all legitimate evaluators think Romo is very good to great.
Say Chowdah
AG
Unthought Known said:

Say Chowdah said:

Macarthur said:

Take a look at this.

Pretty sure the point in that is to say he's not the reason for the playoff record.

Is he at least somewhat responsible for the lack of appearances???
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Say Chowdah said:

Unthought Known said:

Say Chowdah said:

Macarthur said:

Take a look at this.

Pretty sure the point in that is to say he's not the reason for the playoff record.

he shares in the responsibility as much as any QB would whose team misses the playoffs. he's neither free of it completely, or to blame completely . i don't think any reasonable fan here is saying he should be free of blame completely.
Macarthur

Say Chowdah said:

Unthought Known said:

Say Chowdah said:

Macarthur said:

Take a look at this.

he shares in the responsibility as much as any QB would whose team misses the playoffs. he's neither free of it completely, or to blame completely . i don't think any reasonable fan here is saying he should be free of blame completely.

Yes, and I think what many of us are saying is that he had to carry the franchise on his back to even get the team in a position to make the playoffs.
Bullmoose
AG
Dandy Don said it best...If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas..you can spew all the drivel from your lips and pound the keyboard with your sausage fingers all day long but the fact cannot escape you...Romo has not done a damn thing.
Ag Natural
AG
Bullmoose said:

Dandy Don said it best...If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas..you can spew all the drivel from your lips and pound the keyboard with your sausage fingers all day long but the fact cannot escape you...Romo has not done a damn thing.

Yet he's still a top 10 QB right now when healthy. So what's your point?
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

Romo is a better QB than Staubach, Aikman, and White.

Having seen all three of those guys in virtually their ENTIRE pro career, I STRONGLY disagree. I like some of the things Tony has brought to the table, but even Danny White had a .500 career playoff record over 10 games. Romo? He had injury issues late in his career like Tony has had, but in White's case, that likely kept him from winning or at least playing in the SB (as QB; he played in 2).
PooDoo
AG
Bullmoose said:

He's done more than you.
Rudyjax
AG
I may disagree with you but bringing playoff record into a discussion on the skill of a QB is not one that will win me over.
Bullmoose
AG
PooDoo said:

Bullmoose said:

He's done more than you.
Yet we both have the same number of appearances in the NFC Championship Game and Super Bowl...zero..zilch...nada.
PooDoo
AG
He's got more playoff wins than you and Dandy Don.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.