What are you doing with Ware?

1,300 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tressels Vest
Daddy-O5
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have him in a couple of leagues, I've also got a few other reasonable options at RB in those leagues. In my mind he is still undroppable at this point because I think he is a very good back with a big role for as long as Charles is out (I don't have Charles in either league), which is still up in the air. But for those very same question marks, I don't see a lot of value for him out on the trade market. Without knowing the specifics of each league there aren't any specific questions or answers here, but for those who have been playing Ward and don't have Charles, what's your approach this week and beyond?
rangerdanger
AG
I would personally look for the guy in your league with the worst RB situation and see what you can get out of him. If anyone is 0-3, reach out to them too. You never know what people are willing to give up if they're desperate.
Iowaggie
AG
I was about to come and ask the same question about him (Ware).

I have a feeling that Charles will return and it will be a mess at RB, until JC gets hurt or Ware just out performs him, and then Ware will continue to be a top 10 play.
Daddy-O5
AG
quote:
I have a feeling that Charles will return and it will be a mess at RB, until JC gets hurt or Ware just out performs him, and then Ware will continue to be a top 10 play.
This is my concern about doing anything with him. Worst case is you don't get enough in return now, and he's a great asset down the road.
W
AG
let's add DeAngelo to this discussion as well.

I have Ware in one league and DeAngelo in a couple others. I plan to hang onto both of them for the foreseeable future including the bye weeks.

the Chiefs' bye is week 5. I wouldn't be surprised if Charles is held out one more week.

KC really has an awesome schedule coming up...next 5 games vs. Steelers, Raiders, Saints, Jaguars, Colts
Tressels Vest
AG
I would hold onto Ware and Willams if possible.

Ware cause look at what just happened to the Rawls and Cmike situation. That was a broken ankle...Charles had a torn acl. Bigger deal.

As for Williams, it seems bell gets hurt once a season or lights up another joint.
Iowaggie
AG
I don't know how I feel about this trade (I'm not going to do anything anyway)...

Julio Jones for Spencer Ware (and Fozzy).....
I could see a lot of people complaining about it being unbalanced for the new Julio owner, and based on draft position it is....but it isn't outside the realm of realistic possibilities that Julio misses 5+ games and Ware maintains top 12 RB status.
jay040
quote:
As for Williams, it seems bell gets hurt once a season or lights up another joint.
This - he's a horrible combo of fragile and stupid. I have in in both my leagues, and Williams in only one. I'm nervous.
Jason Ag
AG
Seems like they planned to sit Jamall (or extremely limt) him through the bye week all along. I'll probably drop Ware on the bye week. Obviously a good hand cuff to Charles if someone wants to stash.
Wife is an Aggie
Looks like Charles is going to play on Sunday night... What is everyone doing?
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Wife is an Aggie said:

Looks like Charles is going to play on Sunday night... What is everyone doing?
I have Charles Sims and Leveon Bell starting (with Hilton as my flex in a PPR league) so i am keeping him on the bench for now. My thoughts are that he gets some work, then goes into their bye, then get the bulk of the work the following week.
Daddy-O5
AG
I have room on my bench I'm hanging onto him for now. I might dangle him in front of a Charles owner again to see if I can get anything out of him, or I'll do my best to hand onto him throughout the season bench space allowing. If Charles goes down again he'll be a good one to have around.
Wife is an Aggie
Yeah I may change but right now I am going to sit both Charles and Ware. Have solid options at my other RB and flex spot so I figure its the safe thing for now.
Tressels Vest
AG
Probably wouldn't sit ware if I had him. As posted above, sounds like Charles will be quite limited. No point in the Chiefs risking him with the bye coming up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.