Job Network
Sponsored by

After six months and hundreds of applications...

3,057 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by chrisrrtx
chrisrrtx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am finally rehired! Just as my funds were almost depleted I was blessed to receive an offer that was actually a small raise with better benefits than the previous position I was laid off from.

So to all those others who felt hopeless - no need to worry. Your time is coming soon as well!
blackgoldag11
AG
Congrats! I'm back in the job hunt after the start up company that hired me after I was laid off pretty much fell through. Really down on my luck and don't know what to do
chrisrrtx
AG
what are you looking to do?
LincolnLogs
Good for you brother. Congrats! Excited for you and happy that you can breathe easy again.
BrazosDog02
AG
OP, what job and city did you get back in?

I'm trying to use it as a gauge where I am.
DiskoTroop
Blue parachute for you!! Good stuff man. Tell us about the new gig...

I'm still unemployed. :-(
chrisrrtx
AG
Got the job in Houston to work in corporate supply chain for a home builder/residential construction company
Ol_Ag_02
AG
You da man!!!
blackgoldag11
AG
chrisrrtx said:

what are you looking to do?
I would love to stay in the oilfield as all my experience is in drilling with 3.5 of those years being deepwater. At this point I'm open to anything and everything. Just really need something no matter if it's an entry level job in another industry or oil and gas.
BrazosDog02
AG
Cool. Did you get it through direct contacts or through an online application system?
powerbelly
AG
Third Day Pools
AG
Not sure if your serious powerbelly or just ignorant?

Herbalife - business model
Published 07/31/2014 07:30 PM | Updated 10/03/2016 10:36 PM
What is a pyramid scheme and how does it differ from a MLM? What makes Herbalife a legitimate MLM?
An illegal pyramid scheme awards payments to participants solely for bringing other participants into the scheme. A legitimate multi-level marketing company, like Herbalife, pays compensation to Herbalife independent distributors based on the sale of product to satisfy demand by end-users.

Herbalife is focused on selling its products to people who want to consume them. There is widespread consumer demand for Herbalife products. Independent research by Nielsen in 2013 showed that 8% of the U.S. adult population - or 19.2 million - have purchased an Herbalife product for personal use. A separate study by Lieberman Research Worldwide in 2012 showed that 5% of U.S. households, or 5.7 million households, had purchased an Herbalife product within the last three months.

Herbalife distributors are compensated solely based upon product sales (which includes retail profit from direct sales to customers) and the product sales of the distributors in their "downline." Nothing is earned by distributors for mere recruitment or for converting a customer to a Herbalife preferred member or distributor. This element of the Herbalifebusiness model is referred to as multi-level marketing.

In a multi-level marketing model, distributors do not receive compensation solely for recruiting other distributors into their downline. Instead, they become eligible for increased discounts or "commissions" only when the new distributors in their downline purchase Herbalife products for consumption and/or for resale to consumers.

Herbalife products are sold by Herbalife distributors.

Preferred Members join simply to receive a discount on products they consume; distributors join to make part-time income as well, and a small percentage join in search of full-time income.

link
powerbelly
AG
Yep, Herbalife had to pay $200MM in fines to the FTC and change business practices for no reason.
chrisrrtx
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Cool. Did you get it through direct contacts or through an online application system?

I saw the post on Indeed and applied through there
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.