Job Network
Sponsored by

Remote / online / work from home jobs

4,336 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by espii10
ZooGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where are the best places to look for such jobs?

I'm in a situation where I might need to consider something like this.
chjoak
AG
You will find numerous options on Indeed by using the keywords Remote, Telecommuting, etc... just have to pay attention to the listing. Some of them are advertised as remote but are really outside sales/consulting vs WFH.
Marauder Blue 6
AG
arise.com

leapforce
PlanoAg98
AG
What field are you in? Some fields are easy to WFH than others.
ZooGuy
AG
Education, Natural resources, can also do Admin.
PlanoAg98
AG
I think education and admin will be a little tougher. I'm in IT and there are tons of work remote jobs. I've been doing that for the past 2 1/2 years.
LincolnLogs
Depending on your education background: there's lots of online tutoring websites you can join. Basically do chat or video tutoring. I saw one yesterday called chegg.com. Reviews on Glassdoor seemed to be generally positive.

Like all remote jobs, it would take a lot of initial effort to get to the point where you have a sufficient client base. But, it might be worth it.

ZooGuy
AG
Thanks for the info. Keep it coming.

I've done some online work (written test questions for Sapling Learning; graded tests for ETS), but I'm looking for something more full-time, or that can become full time over a couple month period.
b.blauser
AG
Recruiting jobs are sometimes home based.
BrazosDog02
AG
Any remote IT type jobs that you can get hired on for if you don't have any formal IT training?
ZooGuy
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

Any remote IT type jobs that you can get hired on for if you don't have any formal IT training?

Yes, this. I can learn anything quickly, and I'm good with computers.
Vernada
AG
https://weworkremotely.com
BrazosDog02
AG
ZooGuy said:

BrazosDog02 said:

Yes, this. I can learn anything quickly, and I'm good with computers.

I don't see why not, personally. I know our help desk guys at a major corporation had low or no training. They weren't paid a ton, but they also solved low level problems....most of the time. Having watched them type in the administration passwords every time I needed help, it was hard to just not bypass the help service anyway.
AgMeg09
AG
I searched for a while on flexjobs.com. I didn't have any luck, but my skills weren't very applicable to a work from home environment either. I think they offer a free trial period where you can look around, and then there are paid subscriptions. I do remember seeing a lot in the education field.
lunchbox
You could always teach yourself Salesforce. You can create your own sandbox environment for free and follow their built in tutorials (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/).

Note - I have looked into it a bit but not yet done anything so I don't know anything more that. There are lots of "how to learn Salesforce" articles out there...

You'd also have to find a company that needs remote Salesforce support...
espii10
AG
Not sure about your background or experience. Try Upwork.com. I have been freelancing here and there while looking for a full-time job.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.