Job Network
Sponsored by

Apache in San Antonio

2,077 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BrazosDog02
BrazosDog02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone work for Apache in San Antonio? What is the facility? Is it an extension of the office in Houston or is it a testing facility only?
jregan
AG
San Antonio is the most important technical office of Apache. They run all the complex plays, such as the new Alpine High discovery.
BrazosDog02
AG
Cool. That's why I was asking. Im a Geophysicist with 11 years of experience, and Im eyeballing Apache and trying to get a feel for what their Houston office does, and what their SA office does. I know a few folks in Houston and they are all technical. So, I was trying to figure out exactly what the SA part does.
OptionRead
AG
Based on what I know, jregan is correct. The guys in the SA office are in charge of the Permain & Eagle Ford ops.
OilFieldIRI
S
I was just up at their offices yesterday. They take care of the Eagle Ford and Delaware Basin, which is where the Alpine High field is located. I could be wrong but I think their Midland office takes care of the Permian Basin.

DadsanAG
quote:
I could be wrong but I think their Midland office takes care of the Permian Basin.

In my experience, this is mostly the case from a completions perspective anyways.
KC_Ag14
AG
Has the SA office always taken care of the Eagle Ford? Reason I ask is because I was directed to Houston for Eagle Ford inquiries. Of course it could be different divisions, I was reaching out to the production group. Any insight is appreciated!
DadsanAG
quote:
Has the SA office always taken care of the Eagle Ford? Reason I ask is because I was directed to Houston for Eagle Ford inquiries. Of course it could be different divisions, I was reaching out to the production group. Any insight is appreciated!

Seems different areas are controlled by different groups, some of those groups residing in Houston. I've found that to be the case for some of their Permian acreage.
BrazosDog02
AG
Well, does anyone have any contacts at that location for prospect development or exploration...gelogist/geophysicist positions specifically.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.