Job Network
Sponsored by

Any family law attorneys on here?

1,583 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SuzyQ06
Summer95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm looking for a realistic time frame answer. I don't really know which forum would be best for this.

My 15 year old stepdaughter told us yesterday that she wants to have a judge transfer custody from her mom to her Dad & I. I won't go into details as I'm not looking for legal advice, but she is hoping that she can be with us before Christmas. Is that realistic at all? Or should we let her know that it is unlikely to happen that quickly?

TIA
SuzyQ06
"It depends." If the attitudes are right and its agreed, yes. In other circumstances maybe.

Give me a call on Monday. 817-737-4000

Www.gardnersmithlaw.com

Summer95
AG
Sorry, swamped at work today. Can I call tomorrow or later this week?
SuzyQ06
Whenever works for you. My schedule can be unpredictable (family law always is), so if we don't connect immediately, I will call you.

I looked at your profile and see that you may be in Houston. I will have some referral recommendations ready if that is the case.
SuzyQ06
Summer, I haven't heard from you. Just wanted to make sure I haven't missed your call. If you are in Houston, I have a couple people I can recommend to help you out.
Summer95
AG
Sorry about that. Turns out the jurisdiction is still where they got divorced, the n Big Spring. The lawyer for the divorce is still practicing so we are using him. Her mother already gave us physical custody, so we're hoping she doesn't change her mind before court.

Thanks for the help the ugh.
SuzyQ06
Best of luck!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.