Job Network
Sponsored by

Thank you note for follow up interview?

2,279 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Texags is garbage
Alpha Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I had a follow up interview this morning after originally interviewing for this position about three weeks ago.

I sent a thank you note after the original interview. I assume that I should now send another one?!? The only words I can come up with at the moment are "Please sh** or get off the pot."

Thanks in advance.
ATM9000
AG
If it is for a follow-up this is when you go alpha Alpha Man and lay out why you should get the job and thank them for the strong consideration.
jregan
AG
I have interviewed hundreds of people over the years and never once did the quality or even existence of a thank you note play a role in whether or not a person was hired.
10andBOUNCE
AG
Probably lots of things during the job finding/interview process that doesn't lead to an actual hire. Doesn't mean you shouldn't do them.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
I have interviewed hundreds of people over the years and never once did the quality or even existence of a thank you note play a role in whether or not a person was hired.

While true for you, you would not be offended by one. If someone is bothered by it, it does make a difference.
dagger
AG
My previous boss kept my post-interview thank you letter in his desk drawer. He told me it was one of the things that set me apart...ymmv
Petrino1
Ive interviewed a lot of people in my career and probably less than 10% of candidates will send a thank you letter/email after the interview. It may not get them the job, but it definitely helps sets them apart.
AggieArchitect04
AG
You don't send it to get the job.
You send it to be courteous.

While sending one might not make any kind of impression, the absence of one could.
Why take the chance?
AggieArchitect04
AG
Also the thank you note is not the place to list your qualifications or why you think you're the right hire.

That's what the interview was for.

Keep it short and simple.
milner07
Be patient - 3 weeks isn't THAT long - depending on the company.

And, Thank you notes never hurt.
Bird Poo
AG
Yes, send them a thank you note. Handwritten on a nice card.
Texags is garbage
quote:
You don't send it to get the job.
You send it to be courteous.

While sending one might not make any kind of impression, the absence of one could.
Why take the chance?

This.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.