Job Network
Sponsored by

Materials Engineering Graduate - Looking for Opportunities

1,343 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by sagar090192
sagar090192
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy!

I recently graduated from Texas A&M with a Masters in Materials Science & Engineering.

My Bachelors was in Manufacturing Engineering and my experience has involved working with Metals, Ceramics, Microscopes (SEM, Optical, etc), Welding, Non-Destructive Testing.

I would preferably like an opportunity as a Materials or Metallurgical Engineer as I believe my skills and experience would make me a strong candidate for these roles. However, I am open to all technical positions!

Any advice or leads would be highly appreciated.
aggie_wes
AG
Engine10
AG
Materials engineers are in hot demand right now at the major refiners (Chevron, Shell, EM, P66 etc.) Have some friends that have bounced from company to company because of the demand, each time with better offers. Quick LinkedIn search is full of open positions for corrosion/materials engineers.

If not refiners then consider a few of the engineering/consulting firms that work with them on Corrosion/Integrity issues (Pinnacle, Intertek, Wood Group, DNV, etc). Hope that helps!
Sims
AG
We have multiple openings for a process metallurgist.

The positions are with Nucor Steel. One position is in Jewett and two are in Longview at a recently acquired mill. In Jewett, we have a good number of people that commute from Bryan/CS ... too long of a drive for me, personally. The SEM experience is nice, we just purchased one this year. We're moving up the value-added chain and good metallurgists are key to that move.

Let me know if you have any interest in Jewett and I can get you started in the process.
sagar090192
quote:
We have multiple openings for a process metallurgist.

The positions are with Nucor Steel. One position is in Jewett and two are in Longview at a recently acquired mill. In Jewett, we have a good number of people that commute from Bryan/CS ... too long of a drive for me, personally. The SEM experience is nice, we just purchased one this year. We're moving up the value-added chain and good metallurgists are key to that move.

Let me know if you have any interest in Jewett and I can get you started in the process.
Hello Sir,
I'm sorry for the delayed response. I just couldn't understand how the TexAgs Forums work and was caught up with a bunch of work.
I'm strongly interested in any related opportunity which Nucor might still have.

I have attached my resume link for your reference:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49BG5q5HAR-dUN3RUhUd0h0R28/view?usp=sharing
Post removed:
by user
sagar090192
Thank you for your help Mr. Scholz. I hope you have a great weekend ahead.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.