Job Network
Sponsored by

Any Halliburton employees or ex-employees?

53,502 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Manny123
SD_71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I usually don't hang out over here but after reading through this I would like to add a few thoughts, I went to work for Big Red back in 1972 when they were still a great company. In those days everyone started in the same place as to job. Even Engineers started out hauling cement, then you worked your way up the ladder, Engineers were on a 6 month or 1 year fast track but in the end as you climbed the ladder you knew how to do every job below you. I thought this was a very good way to run a company and the cream would rise to the top and know how every job was done and also how hard the work actually was and what it was like to do it. Now they have brought all of the companies under the same umbrella and things have changed, but still a good company to get a start at and learn the ropes no matter what the area.
Before you take ANY job in the Oil & Gas industry make sure that you really like it and like the work schedule and all things about it. The pay is usually much better than other industries, not always but usually, but to get this pay and continue to be employed you must like or even love what you do. Unless you own your old company or rise to the position of president the oilfield is 24/7/365. It never changes, with the cost and procedures involved it pretty much has to be that way. One of my best friends is a Drilling Manager for a large independent and most of our BS sessions are at 0500hrs on Sunday morning when he comes in to read drilling reports, talk to the rigs and catch up on work not done during the week. If you don't like it you CAN'T do it no matter the pay, I am one of those that thinks from time to time this is so much fun I would do it for free but I get paid a lot of money to do it. I raised 2 wonderful daughters and have been married to the same wonderful woman for 43 years. I have missed very few if any of my children's activities. Some time it meant driving 5 or 6 hours to get there and then leaving right after to drive 5 or 6 hours back. It can be done. It is hard sometime and you defiantly have to pay your dues and work your way up. I always tried to be the first one there and the last to leave, I was also the first to volunteer for extra jobs and assignments, I climbed the ladder fairly quickly. I have made wonderful lifelong friends, traveled to places I never thought of (if you like hunting and wildlife you will go on ranches that very few get to see), and made a lot of money (more than this ole country boy ever imagined) and had a great time doing it. You find Christmas really can be any day you make it along with a lot of other things like that.
The big thing is to make sure you love the work, because if you don't you WILL NOT be happy and not last long either. It is or has been to me a wonderful lifestyle, a place I could work and get paid for doing stuff so fun I would have done it for free, learned new things every day and had a blast doing it. I am 65 and have NO plans to retire, it is too much fun and all my friends are here or wish they were here. I wish each of you the best and hope some of you are able to be like me and find a place to work that is as fun to you as this is to me!! If you are looking for time off and worried about holidays and days off and such do not even bother applying because it will not work for you.
DadsanAG
SD_71
AG
Why the surprised face DadsanAg?? Is there something there I said wrong? Or What??
DadsanAG
Not at all SD, I was reading on my phone and it was a bit lengthy. Good info!
Manny123
Hi I just had a question about MWD. I will be going in with a buddies reference and was wondering how tough will they be on me with a class B misdemeanor, but it's getting dismissed and will show on my record I went to jail for one day. If they search up my background they will see it but it will say it is getting dismissed and will take 2 years to clear my record. Thanks
aggie4231
AG
quote:
Hi I just had a question about MWD. I will be going in with a buddies reference and was wondering how tough will they be on me with a class B misdemeanor, but it's getting dismissed and will show on my record I went to jail for one day. If they search up my background they will see it but it will say it is getting dismissed and will take 2 years to clear my record. Thanks

Are you actually being interviewed? I was laid off in August, and most of the guys I worked with were laid off last quarter.

Your background won't come into play until you are offered. They do a work history and background check during the initial paperwork phase. It'll take about 2 weeks for all background, drug testing, and a physical.
Manny123
Well no not yet but whenever prices go back up. I won't have a problem with the drug test or physical test. I was told to notify them about my record before they go into my background and find out themselves.
Manny123

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.