tuition

4,059 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by histag10
laura1995
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I recently got offered admission to TAMU. However before I can accept admission I have to know what tuition path I want to take.

Entering transfers or readmits: May have up to three options from which to choose
  • Variable rate, which will vary each academic year
  • Locked rate (fixed), based on their first term of enrollment in college after high school, which will expire at the end of 12 consecutive semesters, or 4 years from that first term of enrollment
  • The current academic year's tuition and fee rate which will be locked in for 12 consecutive semesters or 4 years
However, I am not sure of the difference, I first started community college August 2013. I don't which would be the best route for me. I would like break down of the difference.

Thankyou so much for your time
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
laura1995 said:

I recently got offered admission to TAMU. However before I can accept admission I have to know what tuition path I want to take.

Entering transfers or readmits: May have up to three options from which to choose
  • Variable rate, which will vary each academic year
  • Locked rate (fixed), based on their first term of enrollment in college after high school, which will expire at the end of 12 consecutive semesters, or 4 years from that first term of enrollment
  • The current academic year's tuition and fee rate which will be locked in for 12 consecutive semesters or 4 years
However, I am not sure of the difference, I first started community college August 2013. I don't which would be the best route for me. I would like break down of the difference.

Thankyou so much for your time

This is how I understand it (I may be wrong).

Variable rate- tuition goes up each year (typically), and so would yours.

Locked rate - this would be based on the rate in Fall 2013, and will expire in 1 year (fall of 2017), and will then be variable.

Current academic year would be locked in for 12 semesters (4 years) from your start date, and last you through your graduation (presumably)

So if you you think you can finish the necessary course work in 1 year, the locked rate would be the best option. beyond that, i would think locking in the current year's tuition for 4 years would be next best. I dont see why anyone would go for the variable rate, unless you think the economy or university will tank in the near future, and tuition will be lowered.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.