picking schedule ahead of new student conference

1,844 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by biobioprof
jasonkidd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy,

I was wondering if it is possible to view which professors were teaching in Fall 2016 along with the times for their sections.

I am trying to help set up a game plan prior to sitting down with the academic advisor. There has to be a schedule somewhere since all the current students should be already registered for this fall.

Thanks for the direction.

Andy
histag10
AG
https://compass-ssb.tamu.edu/pls/PROD/bwckschd.p_disp_dyn_sched

You will need to know the course number, but you should be able to search for sections.
jasonkidd
oh heck yeah. Much appreciated, I'll give it a try tonight!
HtownAg19
AG
You can go on Howdy and you can look up classes/times and it'll also tell you how many seats are still open in each section. Have multiple game plans when your registration time comes around in case the class you're aiming for fills up
biobioprof
I've been helping with new student conferences this summer and I've learned that you can get most of what you need on Howdy, but...

• Syllabi for next fall are not there. You can usually find an older syllabus for a previous year
  • Unfortunately, Howdy does not have a way that we know of to filter out the classes you can't register for. For us, this is a problem for Chem and Biol, where there are sections reserved for specific majors in addition to the honors restrictions
  • The seats available often change on the day of your NSC, especially when you see 0 enrolled and 0 available. Departments hold back seats so they can fill them and not hire extra instructors to teach partial sections.
  • http://core.tamu.edu is useful for looking at how to find core curriculum classes, but you still need to check Howdy
  • Some classes double count for a core area plus the diversity requirement
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.