xiden reversing trump to restore net neutrality

2,222 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by Heineken-Ashi
damiond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.reuters.com/technology/fcc-vote-restore-net-neutrality-rules-reversing-trump-2024-04-02/
marxists hate the free market
Artorias
AG
Govt control over things always makes them better!
BigRobSA
"Net neutrality" is such a misnomer.

The idea is idiotic.
C@LAg
of course they are. and ahead of the election.

libs never let go a chance to enforce MORE regulations on an industry, especially when those regulations can also be used to enforce more controls over non-governmental entities.

This is my face of not-surprise.
MouthBQ98
AG
The technology and data market is completely built around bandwidth prioritization based on contract agreements. The state just can't declare all those contracts void after the fact without major legal action regarding contract law.
annie88
AG
Every one of Biden's changes from Trumps policies has turned to **** for our country.
oh no
AG
they're from the government and they're here to help
DrEvazanPhD
BigRobSA said:

The idea is idiotic.

Every government program with a clever name seems to do the exact opposite of what it says.

Affordable care act?
Patriot act?
Inflation reduction act?
videoag98
AG
What a waste of time. We have been just fine the last 6 years without this crap. This is nothing more than a political stunt in an election year. ISPs aren't doing this crap, and even if they did, it would likely fall under anti-trust laws.... Ohh you want to block certain tweets for people you don't like? yea but this, this is (D)different.
Al Bula
AG
Saltwater Assassin
AG
Artorias said:

Govt control over things always makes them better!

Yup!

Just ask a gas can.

Edit: I'm agreeing with your sarcasm, not laughing because i think you are serious
Do right and bear the consequences. -Sam Houston
eric76
AG
annie88 said:

Every one of Biden's changes from Trumps policies has turned to **** for our country.
I'm still trying to figure out what Trump did in the way of net neutrality that Biden could possibly reverse.

Sure, the FCC made some changes, but was Trump even aware of them much less express an opinion before now?

From my point of view, net neutrality is not that important. What I really object to is the government giving wheelbarrow loads of money to big companies to build out the Internet and drive the smaller ISPs out of business. And that was both Trump and Biden, neither of which are friends of the small businessman.
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
annie88 said:

it's not a bug it's a feature.
nortex97
AG
BigRobSA said:

The idea is idiotic.
It's a push for more control of political speech. Xiden is big on it.

Quote:

A prominent Soros-funded purveyor of Democratic propaganda has been a frequent guest at the Biden White House.

Tara McGowan, the founder of the Soros-funded group ACRONYM, the parent company of Courier Newsroom made 17 trips to the White House, visitor logs showed. McGowan held 19 meetings with President Joe Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris in addition to White House staffers during these 17 trips. Notably, McGowan met with Biden's senior adviser for digital strategy ahead of the 2024 election.
McGowan's ACRONYM has received Soros' cash for both its open and its more subtle election interference efforts. Soros' Democracy PAC fueled ACRONYM's super PAC, PACRONYM, with $2,750,000 in the 2020 election. Soros' Open Society Foundations gave $390,000 to ACRONYM in 2019. Courier News, which ACRONYM claimed ownership of on a 2019 tax return, brings leftist messages to local communities.

According to Open Secrets, "Websites affiliated with Courier Newsroom that appear to be free-standing local news outlets are actually part of a coordinated effort with deep ties to Democratic political operatives." Open Secrets has referred to Courier News as a "fake news" organization.

McGowan, whose Twitter bio previously contained the phrase "weaponizing truth to get Trump TFO," put her (Soros') money where her mouth is in the 2020 election, as Courier Newsroom pushed anti-Trump narratives at the local level, according to Open Secrets.
These are the types of folks who want to censor all speech they disagree with which the dementia patient's handlers coordinate with.
Red Dane
I guess he wants a $60 million Netflix package too.
videoag98
AG
Vote passed

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/fcc-reinstates-net-neutrality-fcc-commissioner-carr-slams-move
DD88
AG
How did we ever survive without Net Neutrality all these years?

My leftists friends told me only the rich and powerful would have access to the internet without it.
Heineken-Ashi
When every single thing proposed reduces freedom and potential future prosperity, the only logical conclusion is that reduction in freedom is the actual goal. The pace that previously thought of "political poison pills" are being proposed and codified has been growing exponentially. We are on pace for the general populous to have minimal control over their finances, assets, and limited freedom to exist in the modern day to day without stepping on a government regulation landmine.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.