New Podesta Email Exposes Dem Playbook For Rigging Polls Through "Oversamples

7,123 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TheFirebird
LatinAggie1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tramp78 said:

captkirk said:

Dr. Dre said:

He is talking about internal polls.
Why does he refer to them as "media polls"?
For all we know they were polling people on media prefs. What networks, shows, news feeds, podcasts. How do we accurately reach these people.

This is one of the problems when you are spoon fed emails with no context. Spoon fed emails that are picked for release to puch an agenda. You don't know what they are talking about so you are free to assume it means the worst.

Assume away, Trump is still losing.

How unusual you don't share the same sentiments about the MSM spoon feedings that take place daily.

Actual Talking Thermos
LatinAggie1997 said:

Tramp78 said:

captkirk said:

Dr. Dre said:

For all we know they were polling people on media prefs. What networks, shows, news feeds, podcasts. How do we accurately reach these people.

This is one of the problems when you are spoon fed emails with no context. Spoon fed emails that are picked for release to puch an agenda. You don't know what they are talking about so you are free to assume it means the worst.

How unusual you don't share the same sentiments about the MSM spoon feedings that take place daily.

I'm sorry, are you acknowledging that this email contains absolutely no evidence of any polls being rigged whatsoever? Because if so, I don't see how you can have a problem with what s/he said. And if not, you are in no position to belittle anyone else's impartiality or critical thinking skills.
LatinAggie1997
AG
ActualTalkingThermos said:

LatinAggie1997 said:

Tramp78 said:

captkirk said:

Dr. Dre said:

I'm sorry, are you acknowledging that this email contains absolutely no evidence of any polls being rigged whatsoever? Because if so, I don't see how you can have a problem with what s/he said. And if not, you are in no position to belittle anyone else's impartiality or critical thinking skills.

Impartiality? Is that a joke!
Belittling? Where?
Show me where Trump said ALL Mexicans are rapist and drug lords like the MSM and HRC incessantly spoon feed the public.
Hypocrisy.
Actual Talking Thermos
OK cool, so you're not going to address the question at all. It doesn't matter if this "oversampling" thing is actually proof of anything being rigged or not. You'd rather talk about something else. Something other than the subject of this thread that you are posting in.
LatinAggie1997
AG
ActualTalkingThermos said:

OK cool, so you're not going to address the question at all. It doesn't matter if this "oversampling" thing is actually proof of anything being rigged or not. You'd rather talk about something else. Something other than the subject of this thread that you are posting in.

You must be naturally contentious and currently bored.
My original comment was simple and directly pointing out Tramps hypocrisy. To make a declaration about being spoon fed edited, incomplete, or incorrect information is laughable. That is the only way MSM spoon feeds the public about Trump. If Tramp wants to use that reasoning to invalidate what is suggested then it shouldn't be unexpected for someone to point out the hypocrisy in doing so.

MSM and HRC drool over themselves at the opportunity to perpetuate the Trump and Mexicans misquote. If you were unable to see that I asked a question that feeds into the hypocrisy of an agenda driven false message then maybe you do now.
HelloUncleNateFitch
strange
AgNav93
AG
Dr. Dre said:

Why on earth would they do that? You want your internals to be spot on.
WestAustinAg
AG
You only oversample if you want to be able to play around with the %'s of this group or that group (blacks and hispanics). This is evidence of how to adjust polls and then communicate those to friendly media.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
TheFirebird
AG
It's been said earlier In this thread but bears repeating oversampling is *not* used to bias polls. It's used to to study smaller groups that you have a particular interest in.

So what Podesta is saying "find out what small groups we need to dig into more deeply so we can make better sense of the media polling that's out there." It's a waste of money to just recreate the big picture polls that so many media groups are doing. You want to understand better what they mean by digging down into groups you care about.

And I can guarantee your that R campaigns are doing their own; it makes zero sense to rig your own internal numbers. Somewhere in the Rust Belt, a Trump internal pollster is oversampling high school educated white voters as we type.

Every time elections roll around it just reveals the astonishing level of innumeracy and lack of knowledge of how statistics work among the general public.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.