Why posters need multiple aliases?

They need to discard discredited ones.
Theories anyone?

EDIT - because they are unwilling or inable to abide by the rules of the BBS, and cannot stay away once banned.

Just this mod's experience.

-Staff

[This message has been edited by TexAgs staff (edited 9/23/2003 4:06p).]
because they want to stir the pot and see if their alias gets a different response than the original name.

I'm thinking about it
*YAWN*

Because they follow the same rules conservative posters follow and continue to get banned for no real reason other than the fact that the majority on here hates to have a diverse opinion base so much that this thread was made.

It's funny how conservatives slam dems and liberals every day and bait w/ misleading thread titles designed to pick a fight, but funny thing is; they never get banned... wonder why?

Tanya, i wouldn't choose old transformer names if I were you.

[This message has been edited by Unicron (edited 9/23/2003 4:14p).]
I never get banned

youve been here too long, besides, they like having a "liberal" poster with an "L" next to their name so they can say "see, you can be a lib and post here, just make sense"

i'm guessing there wasn't even a B&P board when you joined, T...
There are plenty of non-legend liberal posters who have been able to hang around. Off the top of my head: cattail, mozanbique, Ag Cynic, Lechnerd02, StephenvillAg77, jkotnek, kellso, BostonAg74, GrandmomAg, Locknload, probably a bunch more.
quote:
There are plenty of non-legend liberal posters who have been able to hang around. Off the top of my head: cattail, mozambique, Ag Cynic, Lechnerd02, StephenvilleAg77, jkotinek, kellso, BostonAg74, GrandmomAg, Locknload, probably a bunch more.

atm-ag: true. But Unicron has a point. Compare his over-the-edge posting style to the posting styles of far-right conservative posters like The Original Ag 76 and Redd-dogg.

For example:

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=256937&forum_id=16conservative

I'm not defending Meen-Ag's posting style. Personally I think it is usually very counter-productive. It is more prone to creating worthless threads and flames than producing productive discussion and interesting debate. However, the same thing can be said about the posting styles of a couple of our hardcore right-wing posters.

The moderators do a good job of allowing a wide range of opinions to be expressed. MeenAg tends to be too disruptive; that is probably why he/she gets banned.

Jmho.

[This message has been edited by StephenvilleAg77 (edited 9/23/2003 4:56p).]
Stephenville,

I tune out most of OA76 and Red's posts almost as much as I tune out Transformers'. If I wanted an opposing opinion, his would be way at the bottom of the list.
BECAUSE THEY KNOW THAT YOU GUYS WILL CONTINUE TO RESPOND TO THEIR ASSININE, TROLLING POSTS IF THEY KEEP COMING BACK.
i tried the less "over the top" style many, many, many, many, many months ago. They were dismissed as trolls because i had an "R" next to my name...

Besides, if over the top posters like AO76, redd dog, et al, can do it over and over and over again, why can't a liberal? If a thread that calls a politician a MURDERER is allowed, why can’t one that asks why bush’s numbers are dropping?

I can discuss issues on every level of discourse. I only fire back when fired upon.

For example, how many times have I gotten into it with Titan. I don’t agree with him every time but through every username, we have ALWAYS been civil to each other.

Answer that...

I think it has something to do with the fact that when basically 100% of the time that Meen_ag enters a thread, that thread instantly becomes a worthless flame fest. If OA76 jumped into a thread with a bunch of nearly back-to-back, abrasive posts then I'd bet he'd get banned too. Often he starts a thread, and then never touches it again. In fact, to my surprise, when people jump his ass and call him names, he often remains silent anyway. Meen keeps coming at to make sure that every ounce of civility in that thread is dead.
quote:
There are plenty of non-legend liberal posters who have been able to hang around. Off the top of my head: cattail, mozanbique, Ag Cynic, Lechnerd02, StephenvillAg77, jkotnek, kellso, BostonAg74, GrandmomAg, Locknload, probably a bunch more.

No, I actually got banned once also. I first registered at this site back during the great crash of October 1999. My old name was Kelso with one "L".

I rarely, rarely name call but unfortunately last summer I got into a trade of insults with another poster who had mischaracterized some of the things I had said. Couple of days later I try to post a response, and lo and behold I was banned. What I said certainly wasn't nice, but didn't have any curse words in my post, and I wasn't name-calling.

I accepted responsibility for getting banned but I was shocked because there are a few conservative posters which nearly every post is either blatantly racist, or a bunch of juvenile name calling to someone that disagrees with them. When I called the moderators out on what I felt was their hypocrisy, BAM I was banned.

I'm pretty positive if I spouted more right wing views i wouldn't have gotten banned so quickly. Up until that argument I don't think had ever been warned about a post, and I haven't been warned since.
Transformer

Don't you think your pointed jabs at Christians and refering to their "fairy tale" beliefs and mocking them may have something to do with your bannings?
Gene,

It's more of his condescending attitude.
Kellso,

Name calling to specific posters will no doubt get you banned, as will calling out the moderators on the board (instead of through email). If you are referring to OA76, his rant's are usually insulting 3rd parties that aren't on this board. I'd bet that if he said those things to a specific TexAgs poster, he would be gone.

I think it has to do with the basic quality of the threads. If for whatever reason, a particular poster makes a board no fun for anybody anymore, then he should be gone. Meen's past incarnations have done precisely that.
quote:
I accepted responsibility for getting banned but I was shocked because there are a few conservative posters which nearly every post is either blatantly racist, or a bunch of juvenile name calling to someone that disagrees with them. When I called the moderators out on what I felt was their hypocrisy, BAM I was banned.

Yup.

I break up circle jerks that i guess are *fun* for conservatives.

"Hilary is a joke"
"and a *****"
"dont forget her husband"
"dems are idiots"
"you are an idiot if you think ____"
"hehe"
"why do liberals have no soul?"
"are liberals just bitter or are they just plain dumb?"

and on and on and on... fun huh?

I'm like a friendly puppy, if you are civil with me (see titan and a few other people) then i am civil with you. WHEN YOU attack ME and not what i say, you are like a child that likes to kick animals; then i'll bite.
i tried to be civil long, long ago, unfortunately with some of you, all you know are sad playground 4th grade tactics of "debate".
For some reason, even other libs distance themselves from you and your tactics. Trust me, its not the mere fact that you are liberal.
quote:
I'm like a friendly puppy, if you are civil with me (see titan and a few other people) then i am civil with you. WHEN YOU attack ME and not what i say, you are like a child that likes to kick animals; then i'll bite.

Is that you Johnny Depp? Or are you the United States in the mind of Johnny Depp?
thats exactly where i was going, BQ.

how's that comb-over going for ya? it's been a while since I asked. [inside joke for those who do not know]

Atm; do you distance yourself from OA76? first, dont presume to think what anonymous user name distances themselves from another anonymous user name. I seen it all.

I even seen Staff apologize to MEENAG because they accused him of saying things that were 100% false. The mere fact that an "abrasive liberal" poster is treated like that versus the MANY abrasive, racist, and bigoted posters on here is simply fantastic.

So, if anyone is being a racist or a bigot and their post still stands, i will call them on it.
if anyone is posting flames and flat out insults at the left for the sake of picking a fight and their post still stands, i will fight them. it's fun for me as well.

[This message has been edited by Unicron (edited 9/24/2003 4:35p).]
quote:
I'd bet that if he said those things to a specific TexAgs poster, he would be gone.

Actually he has named called me numerous times. I used to respond and now I just mock it or ignore it.
Out of the mouths of.......

I don't think I have ever called a specific poster a "name" ( I THINK) Go ahead computer geeks I am sure you can find some 8 year old post from the old DMN board but I TRY not to name call a poster. I MIGHT HAVE , SORRY A SLIP NOT A HABIT! BUT in a humorous attempt, sorry to the thin skinned, I have used very fitting labels that are purely for show. Witness the victim post above right from the High Priestess of The Holy and Sainted Order of Victimhood. I think that is a creative , probably lame, attempt to highlite a trend and a posters style and message. That is about as close as it gets. Anybody with an IQ over room temp should be able to tell the difference between light hearted banter and labels and vicious name calling. I have been directly called :
racist
bigot
mean fat old ( well ok kinda fits)
sickening
numerous other flowery and wonderful luv filled names.
SO WHAT!
I feel sorry for the ones who after all these years still just haven't figured it out!
How pathetic.
What is really fun is all these newbies that have shown up over the last few months, damn near all libs , who seem to genuinely horrified at my rantings, talk about throwing gas on the fire!!!!!!!
Bring it on folks, you will find that you are allowed to call certain of us anything you wish ( short of vulgar profanity) free form any retribution from the mods.....I kinda enjoy it!
Unicron:

The combover's great, although I have to keep spreading the strands out more and more every day.

So let's take the Johnny Depp approach on this and from now on you have to get the concurrence of the United Texags B&P poster Nation before you post anything more on this board. BTW, I'm on the Security Council and my name's Jacques .
I'm neither a newbie nor am I horrified by your rants. However, after reading some of your posts, I would like to throw gasoline on you and your fire.
Tanya should have been ban a few times but somehow managed to avoid it.

She has toned her attacks down to where they are few if any at all and becoming a pleasure to read.

My theory is that alias' are for those who are unwilling to pay the piper should their post be seen in an unfavorable light. Now some, are just downright annoying because they got banned and keep coming back, and keep coming back, and then - *WHAT?* - seem surprised when they are banned yet again.
Unfortunately, this is what you get with an annonymous internet board. People who will say things that they would never say face to face. People who take what is said here too personally and seriously, and thus feel the need to respond with a counter-attack. This place makes me sick sometimes, but I guess I just like the punishment, because I keep coming back each day to watch the sideshow.
YellowPot:

If you are sickened by this board maybe you take it a little too seriously and personally too--don't do that.

I enjoy the intersting and usually informative perspectives, doing a little point counterpoint but I always have a little fun with it.
Sterling:
Do this mean that I now get to post years of "woe is me" victim posts about how someone wants to throw gas on me and ignite it ?? The mean ole big bad people say nasty things to me and don't get banned version ?? { insert winkie thingie here}
Just checking !!!!!
TOAg makes my day.

I'll bet he's a hoot in person.
aggiebylegacy

What about those of us who looked in the mirror and truly have learned their ways? Are they allowed a short stick upon returning from a long layoff of personal reflection?
Jan,
Do you still have the same address that I sent the last check to ???
Tell mom and Aunt Bee hello !
After reading the SMU cookie thread, I recant my earlier statement in this thread. I feel dirty.

Tag, Thanks for the tip, just went over and read that thread....how funny..yet sooooo typical.

Must have just returned from the Class Warfare Training Annex of the HaSOoHAV Camp. Obviously won the Hide the Wealth Envy under a Mantel of Poor Me Indignation Award--Organic Grape Leaf Cluster !!!!

[This message has been edited by The Original AG 76 (edited 9/25/2003 6:41p).]

[This message has been edited by The Original AG 76 (edited 9/25/2003 6:48p).]
Assuming an alias to be a goofy "dead" smart aleck to a meen ag poster with whom you have had enough of their asinine posts is also not a wise move and will get you banned. Never, ever stoop to their level! Just ignore.

Alias.............bad.

[This message has been edited by Dixie (edited 9/25/2003 10:12p).]
Page 1 of 2