Gambian President refuses Obama attempt to force homosexuality in Gambia

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/gambian-president-we-would-rather-eat-grass-than-accept-homosexual-behavior?utm_source=LifeSiteNews.com+Daily+Newsletter&utm_campaign=7485940f72-LifeSiteNews_com_US_Headlines_04_26_2012&utm_medium=email

quote:
LUSAKA, April 27, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) - In the face of U.S. threats to cut off foreign aid, President Yahya Jammeh defended Gambian laws banning homosexual behavior in comments to the country’s National Assembly last Friday.

“If you want us to be ungodly for you to give us aid, take your aid away, we will survive,” said Jammeh, in comments that were reported by the Daily Observer. “We will rather eat grass than accept this ungodly evil attitude that is anti-God, anti-human and anti-creation.”

The country’s stance against homosexual behavior has come under increased scrutiny after President Obama announced in December that the U.S. would look at how accepting a country was of homosexuality when considering foreign aid allocation.

On the same day that the Administration’s new policy was announced, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton declared that gay rights and human rights were “one and the same” in a speech before the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva.

"The Nation 'might' survive a Barack Obama, but it cannot survive the idiots that voted for him. The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president." - Author Unknown

De eat da poo-poo.
Excellent -- one less country sucking on the teet, cut them off immediately!
I didn't know such strings were attached to our foreign aid...at least not this type of string.
quote:
De eat da poo-poo.

Classic
quote:
I didn't know such strings were attached to our foreign aid...at least not this type of string.

Being that it's Africa there's probably a large human rights component to this: like they kill, maim, or otherwise harm open gays. I may be wrong, but that's my first thought.
Don't know if that's the case, but if so, too bad such strings are not attached when Christians are persecuted.
quote:
“The Gambia is a country of believers… sinful and immoral practices [such] as homosexuality will not be tolerated in this country,” the president told a crowd at a political rally on May 15. He promised “stricter laws than Iran” on homosexuality and said he would “cut off the head” of any gay person found in The Gambia.

So apparently, in Picadillo's warped thinking, cutting off aid to countries who execute homosexuals is somehow equivalent to "forcing" homosexuality....

Tell me, Picadillo, do YOU support the execution of gays? Do you think that the USA should have the right to cut off funding of countries that don't treat its citizens as we would desire?
I assume these Regulations will be applied equally to all countries that receive aid, particularly those countries that are run by our Muslim brothers. I know those "Arab Spring" countries are known for their equitable and fair treatment of homosexuals.
Gambia is 90% Muslim FYI.
Lusaka, where the article was written, is a long way from Banjul. I guess any sitting head of state in Africa will take an AP call.
Really?

"Forcing homosexuality on Gambia" is not the same as ""discouraging the violent expulsion of homosexuals from their homes, and even death", with the threat of withheld aid. That's irresponsible headlining, to say the least.

And don't play dumb; these types of strings have been attached to our aid for years. Bush used it to push an abstinence-only educational policy on certain recipients of foreign aid.

Edit: missing quotation mark

[This message has been edited by marginal_boy (edited 5/6/2012 11:40p).]
Back in 2008, I remember that Obama was pro-Nazi (he was saying we should use some Nazi technology for coal power). Now he's forcing homosexuality on African leaders. And, as we all know, he's a raging Marxist.

So, Obama is:

Nazi
Pro-Homosexuality
Communist

I mean, those 3 things always come in the same package, right?
Muslim too. But an atheist.
^Herman Goering hit two out of three!
I felt stupid that I had to look up where The Gambia is.

Here's a thought, why don't we cut aid to them and use that to pay down our debt (or rather, go into less debt this year).
New test for foreign aid. Randomly test 100 American citizens, and see if they can id the country on the map. If 80% can't find it, no money. That should pretty well wipe out foreign aid. We can apply the same principal for federal dollars going to states, but raise the standard to 90%.
quote:
I felt stupid that I had to look up where The Gambia is.
Don't worry. It looks like maybe the LifeSiteNews.Com author had to look it up too (cf. Malibu's post, or just google Lusaka).
quote:
De eat da poo-poo.

Does that follow "Hasa Dega Eebowai"?
Good. Cut them off.
Pica - work on your thread titles
Thread title is accurate...even if Obama's actions may have been motivated by some feigned humanitarian reason.

Interesting...I find no reports of Obama threatening same in countries where there is widespread genocide of Christians. Genocide...tens of thousands....not the same a selective, periodic persecution or harrassment.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/11609

quote:
Islam in Africa: The Invisible Genocide of Christians

The UN does nothing, the world is silent, and most Western citizens, who know little about Africa, do not know it is happening. The goal is creating a big African-Islamic continent. Christians must be killed or expelled.

*SNIP*

Over 13,750 Christians have been killed by Muslims in northern Nigeria since the introduction of Sharia laws in 2001.

And many more killed in a systematic purge of the continent.

But I'm sure great leader is right on top of it just like he is with a few gays in Gambia .... don't you think?

"The Nation 'might' survive a Barack Obama, but it cannot survive the idiots that voted for him. The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency. It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president." - Author Unknown

No... Obama is not "forcing homosexuality" on anyone. He's simply penalizing countries that have govt policy that harms people. There's a difference.

It's a tragedy what is going on in Nigeria, but that's not due to a govt policy.
I love the shameless use of the christian card. Its like rev jesus jackson inspired the thread
quote:
So apparently, in Picadillo's warped thinking, cutting off aid to countries who execute homosexuals is somehow equivalent to "forcing" homosexuality....

Tell me, Picadillo, do YOU support the execution of gays? Do you think that the USA should have the right to cut off funding of countries that don't treat its citizens as we would desire?

Who the hell said we have an obligation to provide them aid in the first place?!? This is exactly what needed to happen. Now if we can just get rid of all the other parasite countries and worry about our own arses, we will be just fine.
We are coercing them to adopting our values...just because it isnt at gun point it doesnt mean its not a type of force.
Whats more striking is that we heard that we couldnt bring western values to Islamic countries such as "democracy to Iraq." Each nation had to fight for and grow into its own classical liberalism.
quote:
We are coercing them to adopting our values...
In this case, the value that says that someone shouldn't be beheaded because they are a homosexual. Apparently Picadillo has a problem with us cutting off funding to those countries who won't respect that particular value.
I think you're blind to the obvious and Obama is quite transparent on his supporting gays in one country and remaining silent in another, when the degree of persecution is much greater. Tempting a poor country to accept conditions tied to large sums of cash is indeed a form of being strong-armed, coerced, and forced.

And yes, what a shame it is to "play" the so-called "Christian card" when tens of thousands are being put to death. How dare anyone stand up for them, but hey, it's OK to castigate and publicize any much lesser maltreatment of gays.
quote:
And yes, what a shame it is to "play" the so-called "Christian card" when tens of thousands are being put to death. How dare anyone stand up for them, but hey, it's OK to castigate and publicize any much lesser maltreatment of gays.
Perhaps you missed it, but in the Gambia gays are being put to death. I wouldn't call that a "lesser maltreatment."
quote:

Lets pretend for a moment this thread is about christians being persecuted in egypt.

Then imagine somebody whining that govt shouldn't worry about this until we do something about gays in gambia.

That makes you angry because it isn't what this thread is about. You get angry because the fact that bad stuff happens elsewhere to different people doesn't mean we shouldn't care about christians. You lash out. criticize the poster for making everything about being gay.

It is embarrassing how self absorbed and oblivious to hypocrisy many christians can be
quote:
We are coercing them to adopting our values...just because it isnt at gun point it doesnt mean its not a type of force.
Yea, my mom used to coerce me to adopt her values. She valued having a clean room. I didn't. When my values didn't align with hers I didn't get an allowance. I can't believe my mom was so coercive, even though it didn't come at the barrel of a gun.

I mean, seriously, is anyone actually upset that we would use aid as a carrot to prevent a country making it legal to kill gays?
quote:
Tempting a poor country to accept conditions tied to large sums of cash is indeed a form of being strong-armed, coerced, and forced.
And you have a problem, Picadillo, with us using strong-armed, coercive force, to prevent the execution of people in another country based on their being gay?
In america govt coerces people to have straight marriage. Why aren't we angry about that?
Personally, I'm angry that my employer is Forcing me to do work, by threatening to not pay me if I don't come in
quote:

I mean, seriously, is anyone actually upset that we would use aid as a carrot to prevent a country making it legal to kill gays?
Considering its been the liberal MO that the US is morally bankrupt and therefore cannot push its values on other countries, as an independent observer I can say this practice is only acceptable when liberals push it.

We cant ask dictators to allow free elections, we cant demand rape laws against women in the ME, we cant give chinese women reproductive "choice" we hold so very dear in this country. But by God, if a homosexual gets killed then now we have to step in.
Page 1 of 2