Message to Catholic voters

17,736 Views | 232 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by pikedawg
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rock,
You keep demanding solutions. Let me ask you this. What could possibly be a worse solution than murdering the child (which you claim to believe abortion is)?
Wyoming Aggie
AG
RetiredAg said:

Rock,

I'll ask again. If your wife became pregnant, but you were in a place where you were completely unable to provide financial and emotional support for that child, would you press your wife to kill it?

Give it up. Don't know how many times I've said I'm pro-life when it comes to my own life.
PacifistAg
AG
RockTXAggie said:

RetiredAg said:

Rock,

I'll ask again. If your wife became pregnant, but you were in a place where you were completely unable to provide financial and emotional support for that child, would you press your wife to kill it?

Give it up. Don't know how many times I've said I'm pro-life when it comes to my own life.
So you wouldn't push for abortion in your personal situation, but think it's preferable for others? You are not pro-life at all.
Wyoming Aggie
AG
RetiredAg said:

Rock,
You keep demanding solutions. Let me ask you this. What could possibly be a worse solution than murdering the child (which you claim to believe abortion is)?

Well maybe that's where we differ. I'd rather not live than grow up in a ****ty ass circumstance where nobody gave a **** about me.
PacifistAg
AG
RockTXAggie said:

RetiredAg said:

Rock,

Well maybe that's where we differ. I'd rather not live than grow up in a ****ty ass circumstance where nobody gave a **** about me.
So you believe abortion is a preferable option to growing up unwanted, unloved, poor and a burden on society? Yeah, you are not pro-life, even in your life.
PacifistAg
AG
AstroAg17 said:

So would you be okay with someone in that situation committing suicide?
I wonder if he would recommend suicide to a homeless teen dealing with drug addiction or disease.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Quote:

I know a man who grew up in those circumstances. Poverty. Crime. Absentee father. Alcoholic mother. However, He had the foresight, motivation, and internal drive to change his circumstances and is now a multi-millionaire.

Life is what you make of it.
PacifistAg
AG
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

Quote:

I know a man who grew up in those circumstances. Poverty. Crime. Absentee father. Alcoholic mother. However, He had the foresight, motivation, and internal drive to change his circumstances and is now a multi-millionaire.

Exactly. There are countless stories of people coming out of such circumstances. The fact that he'd rather be dead speaks volumes of his character. Life's rough, so let's pack it in and die.
PacifistAg
AG
In the end, a child that is unloved, unwanted, poor, etc is still a child of God. They are still of such infinite value that Christ hung on a cross for them. No child, though, is truly unloved. I am reminded of the rich man and Lazarus. Lazarus was absolutely loved by the One that matters. Just because he was rejected, marginalized, etc by society doesn't mean he should die.

Lack of love, wealth, or being a burden on society is the weakest and possibly most vile defense of murder that I've ever seen from one that claims to be pro-life and a follower of Christ.
swimmerbabe11
RockTXAggie said:

RetiredAg said:

Rock,

How can you say that and believe that God loves you? That Christ specifically died on the cross for you? This is a bafflingly unChristian answer.
PacifistAg
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

RockTXAggie said:

RetiredAg said:

Rock,

How can you say that and believe that God loves you? That Christ specifically died on the cross for you? This is a bafflingly unChristian answer.
Amen. I struggle with severe depression and this knowledge is usually what pulls me out of it. No matter what, I know I am one thing in this world....I'm loved by my Lord.
Wyoming Aggie
AG
RetiredAg said:

Quote:

Exactly. There are countless stories of people coming out of such circumstances. The fact that he'd rather be dead speaks volumes of his character. Life's rough, so let's pack it in and die.

Don't make assumptions about my character.
PacifistAg
AG
RockTXAggie said:

RetiredAg said:

Quote:

You'd rather be dead than face harsh circumstances. It's not an assumption. It's a statement based on your clear statement. When you'd rather quit than persevere, it shows a lack of character. Would you prefer I use the term "intestinal fortitude" instead?
Wyoming Aggie
AG
RetiredAg said:

RockTXAggie said:

RetiredAg said:

Quote:

You'd rather be dead than face harsh circumstances. It's not an assumption. It's a statement based on your clear statement. When you'd rather quit than persevere, it shows a lack of character. Would you prefer I use the term "intestinal fortitude" instead?

Again, you don't know me and you don't know what I've persevered through. I do know I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for the love of my family. I probably would be dead if I didn't have that. People need support.
Wyoming Aggie
AG
AstroAg17 said:

Can you directly respond to some of the questions being asked? It's not much of a conversation otherwise.

What, your silly hypothetical that gives you two answers?
PacifistAg
AG
RockTXAggie said:

RetiredAg said:

RockTXAggie said:

RetiredAg said:

Quote:

Again, you don't know me and you don't know what I've persevered through. I do know I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for the love of my family. I probably would be dead if I didn't have that. People need support.

Okay, but you've clearly stated you'd rather be dead than unloved, unwanted, or facing "****ty ass circumstances". There's a point at where you've said you would rather roll over and die. I understand you don't like your own statements being used against you, but it reflects upon you.

But, as swimmer pointed out, it's a fundamentally unChristian statement, as are many you've made here.
PacifistAg
AG
RetiredAg said:

Rock,

Can you please actually answer this? What is a worse solution than murdering the child?
swimmerbabe11
Sorry to bring this up...butttttttt.......

pikedawg

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.