G&A - Team Clinton On Bead Rattlers

1,746 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Line up and wait 18L
7thGenTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/10/12/new-deplorables-clinton-campaign-staffers-trash-conservative-catholics/
Quote:

"They can throw around 'Thomistic' thought and 'subsidiarity' and sound sophisticated because no one knows what the hell they're talking about," she said.
Sq16Aggie2006
Must be some real geniuses to get confused by the words "Thomistic" and "Subsidiarity", Thomistic just refers to the writings of St. Thomas; and Subsidiarity means that things should happen at the most diffused level where it can be efficiently carried out.

I would like to put out though, that before the passing of Scalia; the Supreme Court of the U.S did have 4 members of Opus Dei
PacifistAg
AG
This election is so odd. You have one candidate, backed by evangelicals, that does nothing but make a mockery of evangelicals. Then you have another candidate, backed by Catholics, that mocks Catholics (or at least those on her staff as evidenced by the OP's link).

BTW, when I say "backed by ....", I am simply referring to polling data that shows Trump leads w/ evangelicals by count of 55% to 2%, and Hillary leads w/ Catholics by a count of 45% to 35%. Obviously not all evangelicals support Trump and not all Catholics support Clinton.
Post removed:
by user
Sq16Aggie2006
AstroAg17 said:

That hardly sounds like trashing.
Breitbart is obviously sensationalist but I believe they were likely referencing the "severely backwards gender relationship" comments.
7thGenTexan
AG
Quote:

This whole controversy with the bishops opposing contraceptive coverage even though 98% of Catholic women (and their conjugal partners) have used contraception has me thinking . . . There needs to be a Catholic Spring, in which Catholics themselves demand the end of a middle ages dictatorship and the beginning of a little democracy and respect for gender equality in the Catholic church. Is contraceptive coverage an issue around which that could happen. The Bishops will undoubtedly continue the fight. Does the Catholic Hospital Association support of the Administration's new policy, together with "the 98%" create an opportunity?

Of course, this idea may just reveal my total lack of understanding of the Catholic church, the economic power it can bring to bear against nuns and priests who count on it for their maintenance, etc. Even if the idea isn't crazy, I don't qualify to be involved and I have not thought at all about how one would "plant the seeds of the revolution," or who would plant them. Just wondering . . .
7thGenTexan
AG
Quote:

y ....", I am simply referring to polling data that shows Trump leads w/ evangelicals by count of 55% to 2%, and Hillary leads w/ Catholics by a count of 45% to 35%. Obviously not all evangelicals support Trump and not all Catholics support Clinton.

I guess they forgot to poll black evangelicals. Racists.
Sq16Aggie2006
7thGenTexan said:

Quote:

This whole controversy with the bishops opposing contraceptive coverage even though 98% of Catholic women (and their conjugal partners) have used contraception has me thinking . . . There needs to be a Catholic Spring, in which Catholics themselves demand the end of a middle ages dictatorship and the beginning of a little democracy and respect for gender equality in the Catholic church. Is contraceptive coverage an issue around which that could happen. The Bishops will undoubtedly continue the fight. Does the Catholic Hospital Association support of the Administration's new policy, together with "the 98%" create an opportunity?

Of course, this idea may just reveal my total lack of understanding of the Catholic church, the economic power it can bring to bear against nuns and priests who count on it for their maintenance, etc. Even if the idea isn't crazy, I don't qualify to be involved and I have not thought at all about how one would "plant the seeds of the revolution," or who would plant them. Just wondering . . .

The Catholic Church has little economic power to wield against your average priest or nun. Most priests are extremely well educated people (as evidenced by their college degrees, and then 7 years in seminary at minimum along with continuing education) who earn something along the lines of $11k/year plus room and board. As an example, Father Jerry Jung of Holy Cross Chapel has a Bachelors in Economics from Georgetown, an MBA from the University of Chicago, and a JD from Northwestern; I believe he also has several degrees in Divinity from the University of the Holy Cross in Rome; he lives in a small apartment and shares a used Corolla with his fellow priests.

The pittance that the Catholic church pays isn't much leverage for your average religious. I'm not sure the Catholic Church qualifies as a "dictatorship" since you can freely leave at any time. I've never understood the ideas behind "we want the freedom to still be Catholic while not believing what the Catholic Church teaches", it doesn't make sense. If it was any other club, it'd be ludicrous, imagine someone bemoaning they can't be Vegan because it interferes with their tailgate BBQ; it's nonsensical.
PacifistAg
AG
7thGenTexan said:

Quote:

y ....", I am simply referring to polling data that shows Trump leads w/ evangelicals by count of 55% to 2%, and Hillary leads w/ Catholics by a count of 45% to 35%. Obviously not all evangelicals support Trump and not all Catholics support Clinton.

I guess they forgot to poll black evangelicals. Racists.

Huh?

***Edit***
Never mind. I get what you're saying now.
Frok
AG
Quote:

Hillary leads w/ Catholics by a count of 45% to 35%

Not hard to figure it out when you consider who makes up a large amount of catholic congregations.
7thGenTexan
AG
Quote:

Catholic church pays isn't much leverage for your average religious. I'm not sure the Catholic Church qualifies as a "dictatorship" since you can freely leave at any time. I've never understood the ideas behind "we want the freedom to still be Catholic while not believing what the Catholic Church teaches", it doesn't make sense. If it was any other club, it'd be ludicrous, imagine someone bemoaning they can't be Vegan because it interferes with their tailgate BBQ; it's nonsensical.

Agreed. Hillary's puppet masters like sewing the seeds of revolution in other people's clubs and countries so they can control those other people.
PacifistAg
AG
It has been good to see many evangelicals walking back from their support of Trump recently. Here's a letter released by Liberty University students in response to Fallwell's continued support of Trump: https://thewayofimprovement.com/2016/10/12/the-liberty-university-student-body-calls-out-falwell-jr/
FTAggies
yankees and mexicans
PacifistAg
AG
Read this today and I thought of this thread: Right or Left - It's Still Empire
Dad-O-Lot
AG
Sq16Aggie2006 said:

7thGenTexan said:

Quote:

The Catholic Church has little economic power to wield against your average priest or nun. Most priests are extremely well educated people (as evidenced by their college degrees, and then 7 years in seminary at minimum along with continuing education) who earn something along the lines of $11k/year plus room and board. As an example, Father Jerry Jung of Holy Cross Chapel has a Bachelors in Economics from Georgetown, an MBA from the University of Chicago, and a JD from Northwestern; I believe he also has several degrees in Divinity from the University of the Holy Cross in Rome; he lives in a small apartment and shares a used Corolla with his fellow priests.

The pittance that the Catholic church pays isn't much leverage for your average religious. I'm not sure the Catholic Church qualifies as a "dictatorship" since you can freely leave at any time. I've never understood the ideas behind "we want the freedom to still be Catholic while not believing what the Catholic Church teaches", it doesn't make sense. If it was any other club, it'd be ludicrous, imagine someone bemoaning they can't be Vegan because it interferes with their tailgate BBQ; it's nonsensical.
Economic power over Priests is irrelevant.

All Catholic Priests take a vow of Obedience. Order Priests usually also take a vow of poverty.

It's not economic power that causes a Priest to follow the requirements of their Bishop; it's honor and integrity. Something Hillary has little experience with.
AnalogyAg
Not to pick on any above, because they speak from admitted and obvious ignorance of the Catholic faith, but there is absolutely nothing "dictatorial" in Catholic dogma.

There is also 0.0000% chance the Church will ever- now, next year, or 5,000 years from now reverse its teaching on contraception, abortion, marriage, "women priests" (which is like saying "pregnant men") or any other dogmatic teaching.

Why? Because the Church is the body of Christ, and Christ himself pronounced that the Holy Spirit would guide it in all things and would be with it until the end of time, and those "who hear you, hear me". and the gates of hell will not prevail against it.

The Church has NEVER ONCE in 2,000 years reversed any dogmatic teaching, and it never will. do you think it just coincidence that the Church is the only continuous, surviving institution today since the time Christ founded it? or that since the 1930s when almost all Christian faiths held the same beliefs on contraception, abortion, marriage- only the Catholic church remains unchangec in its Teaching?

you will wait a long time if you are waiting for the Church to "get with the times". Until Christ returns or until you meet Christ himself and can understand why his Church never changed its teaching- despite centuries of rogues, miscreants, and grave sinners that held positions of human power in the Church at all levels.

Because Christ has preserved his bride as he promised, despite mankinds every attempt to destroy it within and without.

God bless all. Christ's Peace.
7thGenTexan
AG
Quote:

as NEVER ONCE in 2,000 years reversed any dogmatic teaching, and it never will.

Is the church's teaching on slavery dogmatic?
Silent For Too Long
7thGenTexan said:

Quote:

Yeah...I'm no Catholic but I'm pretty sure what he claimed isn't true.
Line up and wait 18L
Team Hillary hates Christians. The Supreme Court will be shaped to reflect their (once) hidden opinions.
7thGenTexan
AG
Silent For Too Long said:

7thGenTexan said:

Quote:

Yeah...I'm no Catholic but I'm pretty sure what he claimed isn't true.

My man....
PacifistAg
AG
GoHomeLeg said:

Team Hillary hates Christians. The Supreme Court will be shaped to reflect their (once) hidden opinions.
Neither major candidate has a worldview that is consistent with a Christian worldview. As I saw one preacher say, "for what does it profit a man to gain the Supreme Court, and forfeit his soul?".
Line up and wait 18L
RetiredAg said:

GoHomeLeg said:

Neither major candidate has a worldview that is consistent with a Christian worldview. As I saw one preacher say, "for what does it profit a man to gain the Supreme Court, and forfeit his soul?".

My vote for Trump is to do what little I can to influence the make up of the Supreme Court. Hillary will destroy us. I do not approve if the things he has done. I certainly don't approve of the Clintons. Thanks Perot.
PacifistAg
AG
GoHomeLeg said:

RetiredAg said:

GoHomeLeg said:

My vote for Trump is to do what little I can to influence the make up of the Supreme Court. Hillary will destroy us. I do not approve if the things he has done. I certainly don't approve of the Clintons. Thanks Perot.
That's fine. Just don't pretend the choice to vote for Trump is guided by Christian principles. It makes me think of a recent interview Robert Jeffress (pastor at First Baptist Dallas) did saying he doesn't want some "meek and mild leader" that "turns the other cheek". He wants a leaders that looks like a polar opposite of Christ. That tells me who he is really following.

The allure of power is a temptation Christ refused, but sadly it seems to be a temptation many in His church are falling victim to now. Neither candidate promotes a worldview that is consistent with Christian teaching.
Line up and wait 18L
Agreed, however Clinton will do far more damage to this country than good.
PacifistAg
AG
GoHomeLeg said:

RetiredAg said:

GoHomeLeg said:

RetiredAg said:

GoHomeLeg said:

Neither candidate promotes a worldview that is consistent with Christian teaching.

Agreed, however Clinton will do far more damage to this country than good.
You assume. She's a known commodity. Trump is highly unstable and actually concerns me far more. Regardless, whoever wins doesn't matter. Christ is still on the throne, and neither side in this election warrant abandoning Christian principles for. I even saw Ben Carson say that there are times we have to put Christian values on hold to get things done. That is an alarming mindset.
Line up and wait 18L
ok
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.