My baes

2,066 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by kurt vonnegut
BustUpAChiffarobe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2016/09/15/pope-orders-canon-law-changes-to-bring-latin-and-eastern-practices-closer/

East and West Catholics getting even more chummy; paving the way for our Schismatic friends to join in the fun.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
The schizmatic friends are now the Western Catholics, yes?
No, the Orthodox.
Furlock Bones
AG
Astro,

I believe the article is referring to the 23 particular churches in the East that are in full communion with the pope.
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
quote:
I was referring to Bustup's recent conversion. I was under the impression that Bustup now is a schizmatic friend.
haha, there was no conversion; I'm still Catholic.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
quote:
quote:
I was referring to Bustup's recent conversion. I was under the impression that Bustup now is a schizmatic friend.
haha, there was no conversion; I'm still Catholic.

Reading that article, makes my head hurt about rules and more rules and changing rules and eliminating rules.

Confused though. Weren't you going to become a member of an eastern Catholic church? So hence the confusion about who is the schismatic group now?

Sorry I think I understand now. The eastern Catholic Church you were joining is still in full communion with the RCC; hence the Eastern Orthodox are not in full communion with the RCC, and are the schismatic. Please correct me if I'm still confused.
Furlock Bones
AG
he's moving to an Eastern Catholic church in communion with the Pope in Rome not be confused with the Eastern Orthodox Church.

schmendeler
AG
all these different versions of Christianity!
Zobel
AG
From a recent email from a bishop I respect:

quote:
[Clergy] who justify their move into..."world Orthodoxy," cite the "wonderful cooperation" between Christians who were separated but who now worship together and enjoy "fellowship." What is left out of this is the rejoinder, "at the cost of 'unimportant' ecclesiological or theological differences." This, too, is a clear manifestation of political concerns serving ecumenism's aims at Christian unity beyond dogma. The goal of Orthodoxy is the union of man with God, as I so often tell others, not "hands across the borders" scenarios and a political vision of religion as a force serving human unity. Humans who are united to God are united to one another. Humans united to one another have met a worldly goal, not a spiritual one. And their unity, fallen as we humans are, does not last.

While I would be first to decry those who use our opposition against ecumenism to practice religious intolerance (which is wholly un-Christiand and un-Orthodox, even though, tragically, it happens), and while I believe that service to and love for our fellow man, regardless of his or her religion, is a bedrock of Orthopraxis, I stand absolutely, solidly, and forever opposed to anything that teaches that the Truth of Orthodoxy is relative or that it is secondary to some sort of external, formal unity with those who have deviated from its standards and criterion. And I categorically reject theories of ecumenism and inter-religious cooperation that trivialize, mock, and disallow a stand for Orthodox Truth and the primacy of the Church.

NonReg85
AG
I thought the Schizmatics were a Christian rock band.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Did Bustup just use the term 'bae'?
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
it is because I'm young and cool

747Ag
AG
BustUpAChiffarobe said:

it is because I'm young and cool

Abite hortibus meis, pueri scelerati.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Embrace being old and lame.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.