If Michio Kaku said it, it's gotta be true, right?

2,803 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Star Wars Memes Only
SWOSU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://ageac.org/en/multimedia/scientist-says-he-found-definitive-proof-that-god-exists-2/
kurt vonnegut
AG
SWOSU
Kurt, I always thought you actually looked like this ...

Longstreet
That's interesting. Wonder how long it'll take for the denunciations to start?
R
Pretty misleading title
ramblin_ag02
AG
I've got a blue star ready for anyone who wants to explain what a primitive semi radius tachyon is. I can't seem to find anything about it except for references like that one in the OP.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
R
I watched the video and didn't even hear it mentioned. The article doesn't match what he said at all.
Amazing Moves
God's pulling the strings and we're the puppets.

/christian spin
Rocag
AG
I'd be surprised if he really said and meant what the article is implying.
FlyFish95
quote:

All he has to do is something certain people won't like and he instantly loses IQ points.
Star Wars Memes Only
quote:
I've got a blue star ready for anyone who wants to explain what a primitive semi radius tachyon is. I can't seem to find anything about it except for references like that one in the OP.

A tachyon is simply a superluminal particle: it moves faster than light. A primitive particle is simply one that isn't a composite of anything else. In the standard model, this would have its own field type. Now string theory goes one step further than the standard model. Instead of particles being represented by fields, each particle is a manifestation of a vibrating string. Since a tachyon is a superluminal particle it can move backwards through time. This forms what is called a closed time-like curve. In string theory these types of curves are represented by strings that loop onto each other. Thus, they have a radius. These radii can have interesting properties. Some are imaginary, some are transcendental. Radii with those two properties are called semi-radii and I have no idea what I'm talking about, everything in this post has been made up, I've never heard of "primitive semi-radius tachyons" before, and I have no idea how to make sense of those terms.
Really???
You deserve an award. That was some beautiful BS right there.
Stasco
AG
quote:

/christian spin

I thought it was Christians who believe in free will and atheists who thinks it's a delusion. Havent you read all of the chatter on this from Sam Harris and the like lately?
R
quote:
quote:

All he has to do is something certain people won't like and he instantly loses IQ points.

The irony here is that the Christians are suddenly giving him huge IQ points because they errantly believe the article represents anything this guy said.
ramblin_ag02
AG
You had me fooled, so you get a blue star anyway
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
747Ag
AG
Who?
FlyFish95
quote:
quote:
quote:

The irony here is that the Christians are suddenly giving him huge IQ points because they errantly believe the article represents anything this guy said.

The irony here goes both ways indeed.
R
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The irony here goes both ways indeed.

No it doesn't.
kurt vonnegut
AG
quote:
Kurt, I always thought you actually looked like this ...

I couldn't find a picture with Vonnegut with an appropriate amount of derision on his face.
Star Wars Memes Only
So I actually finally watched the video.

I think the title is highly sensationalized with respect to the video. It's clear in the video that Kaku is talking about "God" in the vague metaphorical sense. As far as the accompanying article is concerned, I don't know what to make of it. It really has nothing whatsoever to do with what Kaku was talking about in the video. I have no idea what a "primitive semi-radius tachyon" is, can't find any references about it on the internet aside from one's alluding to this article, and the article's description of tachyons is sensationalized to the point of it being word-vomit. I suspect this article is totally bogus until I see something to corroborate its claims.
R
My favorite thing is that all the christians ran with it and obviously didn't even watch the video.
Amazing Moves
quote:
quote:

/christian spin

I thought it was Christians who believe in free will and atheists who thinks it's a delusion. Havent you read all of the chatter on this from Sam Harris and the like lately?
My point is..

If this becomes a strong theory like evolution, Christians will just adopt it.

Free will? Only when it's convenient. Otherwise it's god's will.
Star Wars Memes Only
I found the following from 2014, which the above-linked article seems to plagiarize: http://vedicviews-worldnews.blogspot.com/2014_01_01_archive.html

If something sounds like bull**** and plagiarizes that kind of woo it can almost certainly be dismissed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.