1999 Stack shifts

4,350 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by cuz-i-can
commando2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From the Tim Kerlee thread:
quote:
Visited Bonfire Memorial with '02 son...His dorm, Crocker, was supposed to be on stack the night it fell but was rescheduled
I've heard several '03ers (mostly from Lechner, where I lived the following year) also say that their November 18 stack shift was rescheduled.

Does anyone have a November 1999 calendar that shows which crews were assigned to which Stack shift? What was the cause of the rescheduling?

Which crews were working the fateful midnight-to-six shift on the 18th (besides FHK, Mosher, and the Corps)?
AgBass01
AG
Not sure, I know that we A-Company were scheduled to work that night but we'd been out every night for a week working and many of us had midterms the next day so I (butt-pot that year) made the call for all of us to stay in and get some sleep.
AG
i know mcinnis, schuhmacher, and dunn were early shift that night. I dont remember the rest

ChipFTAC01
AG
Moses and Aston were out there for the late shift when it fell.
davis02
I was an aSton chief in '99. From what I remember... It rained all weekend, and only two shifts were able to get in work. Saturday was supposed to have three shifts, which would have flip-flopped the crews 6pm-12am and 12am-6. Because the third shift didn't happen Saturday, the Red Pots, in all of their wisdom, didn't flip the schedule so we worked the 12am-6 two weeks in a row.

...or something like that.
Chazz03
AG
quote:
i know mcinnis, schuhmacher, and dunn were early shift that night. I dont remember the rest

Mcinnis, Schumacher, crocker, etc switched shifts with FHK
Bonfire1996
AG
When it rained out a shift, everything got moved back a day. It rained a day or two before the fall, so everything got moved back a day. This is from a foggy deadpot's memory.
Spider69
AG
I don't know this answer & being Old Army just know Quad dorms by numbers not names. My son, was a butt pot '01 in an outfit that was on the stack (from Dorm 8). He lost two fish (I should know their names but I don't want to make a mistake so l'll omit names) & one p*head ('02) was injured. My son suffered PTSD that took several years to regain a balance. He wasn't on the stack that night trying to get a paper done to keep grades for RVs (unsuccessfully). As one that worked on Bonefire in 1965 to 1968 and father - son cuts in '97 to '99, I understand what Bonfire means but regrettably it never IMO received the University supervision it deserved. I am convinced Bonfrre will never return to campus as a santioned event. I applaud the efforts of the off-campus Bonfire to build it safely yet maintain the tradition.

**** edit **** corrected brown pot to butt pot 3/15/2016
cuz-i-can
AG
Spider69- contact me. I a was a Brownpot then.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.