*****AMAZING RACE 36*****

4,021 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by Southlake
13 - 0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like it might be a good season.
The Kraken
AG
Haven't watched the first episode but I thought last season was one of the best ever.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
The Kraken
AG
The brother and sister trying to turn around:

Fleen
That's all we could think of too!
zap
AG
90 minutes episodes...I guess that is the new normal.
13 - 0
Some interesting teams.... the twins and the pink cousins are hilarious.
Tamuag04
AG
Pretty predictable so far. Weakest 2 teams eliminated in the first 2 episodes. Couple of great "comebacks" from the seeming brink of elimination.

Honestly surprised at the number of bilingual participants - huge advantage there and I am not sure there has been a truly difficult detour or roadblock yet.
Counterpoint
AG
zap said:

This season was actually filmed prior to the season that aired last year. But they KNEW the previous season was going to have 90 minute episodes so they did more stuff. This season is just edited into 90 minute episodes, so it will be interesting to see if it feels like a lot of filler.
AW96
AG
Counterpoint said:

zap said:

This season was actually filmed prior to the season that aired last year. But they KNEW the previous season was going to have 90 minute episodes so they did more stuff. This season is just edited into 90 minute episodes, so it will be interesting to see if it feels like a lot of filler.

Yes, my son who reads all about it on internet boards was also telling me this. Additionally he says this race is all Central/ South America and was still under Covid protocols when filmed so the private jet was still used. It was so nice to see multiple continents, air travel, and taxis back last season so it will feel weird going backwards and not having that really play in. They haven't had any disclaimers that I've seen about the filming order so I'm guessing Phil will explain that next week. Otherwise people will be confused after last season being basically back to normal.

Yes, I think it will feel stretched. This past week they just looked for a clue on a bridge, carried balloons, and painted a face, and looked for the pit stop. The first team was checked in 1/3 of the way through so they stretched that last hour big time. Still, we are so glad Amazing Race wasn't a Covid casualty. Our family loves it. Brought our kids into it about 8 years ago and during Covid lockdown we watched all the older seasons they missed.
The Kraken
AG
Any reason as to why the seasons were switched in order?

Edit - never mind, a simple search found it. CBS asked for 90 minute episodes, it was easier to plan and film for that than to edit a recently filmed race.
13 - 0
Going to miss the twins.... they were a mess, but they were entertaining. The cousins train wreck is the one to watch now.

Could the blue old grandma / mother at least act likes she cares or is trying?

The yellow old man better watch how he talks to his wife (the yellow old lady). I think she can take him down. I wouldn't mess w/ her.
Southlake
Seems the bad teams are leaving in order.

Gay kid with his Mom are next!
Tamuag04
AG
Yeah, the twins were good for TV! The attention and airtime they warranted will now be flipped to the cousins.

Mom and son are a waste of airtime. Can't believe they made it through the first round of screening...

But man, the competition for 3-8 is pretty intense. Seems like when it gets down to the last 8 or 9, one slip up will cost somebody. Very competitive season...
htxag09
AG
The Kraken said:

Am I the only one convinced that the crew helped them turn the car around? I mean the car wasn't even halfway turned around with inches on each side, then they cut away, then they come back and they've made it....

Either way, between not just reversing out and their entire first leg, that had to be the dumbest team to ever appear on amazing race....
Fleen
I'd like to think the twins are still sitting on that Columbian hillside...
Sports-Ag
AG
htxag09 said:

The Kraken said:

Am I the only one convinced that the crew helped them turn the car around? I mean the car wasn't even halfway turned around with inches on each side, then they cut away, then they come back and they've made it....

Either way, between not just reversing out and their entire first leg, that had to be the dumbest team to ever appear on amazing race....

I was thinking the same thing like just reverse all the way back. They said they did all these trainings growing up in preparation if they were ever on the show. Both took different foreign language classes in high school so they can speak different languages in other countries when on show. All of that just to be the first eliminated because they went full Austin Powers.
13 - 0
The blue gay boy and his Mom dodged a bullet since there were no physical challenges this week..... but, they needed help finding the box and w/ the statue challenge. Why would anybody want to form and alliance w/ them (pink team)?
The pink cousins still crack me up and aren't long for the game, but I like their determination.
safety guy
AG
13 - 0 said:

The blue gay boy and his Mom dodged a bullet since there were no physical challenges this week..... but, they needed help finding the box and w/ the statue challenge. Why would anybody want to form and alliance w/ them (pink team)?
The pink cousins still crack me up and aren't long for the game, but I like their determination.

You help teams you know that you can beat unless you are the last 2. I would rather take out a stronger team than a weaker one.
htxag09
AG
safety guy said:

13 - 0 said:

You help teams you know that you can beat unless you are the last 2. I would rather take out a stronger team than a weaker one.

I agree with this. However, you still need to believe that the team can offer enough to help you in return. Otherwise, what's the point?
safety guy
AG
htxag09 said:

safety guy said:

13 - 0 said:

I agree with this. However, you still need to believe that the team can offer enough to help you in return. Otherwise, what's the point?

I agree. Mom and son are not a threat but the boy could have really helped the firefighters who could not solve the word puzzle.
Counterpoint
AG
I was hoping Phil would taunt the firefighters at the end and tell them the answer to the puzzle.
Fairview
AG
I do wish they would've told the firefighters the answer to the puzzle on camera to see their reactions. Totally overthinking it.

The couple that just got out that owned the jump rope aerobics studio seemed pretty out of shape for that kind of job. Would be like me saying I'm a yoga instructor.
13 - 0
I called it.... the Pink Cousins are gone. I'm going to miss them, they were entertaining.
The Blue gay and Mom have moved up, but from the previews may not be there for long.
The gay guys can't keep winning and we saw a little panic when they had to compete head to head w/ the skateboard challenge.
Could the orange wife of the big orange guys be anymore dis-interested? She does not want to be there and he wants to compete so bad.
The AF pilots are looking better.
Calling my shot: The Blue gay and Mom are gone next; then the stupid blue female fire fighters are next.
Fairview
AG
As long as they stay in Spanish / Portuguese speaking countries the gay dudes have an advantage that will keep them in the mix.
The Kraken
AG
Noticed the skateboards had AR35 instead of AR36 on them.

I love maps and navigating...it's really weird to me to see so many teams struggle with the Botero statue roadblock and getting lost in Santiago when they have a freaking map provided to them.

Counterpoint
AG
The Kraken said:

Noticed the skateboards had AR35 instead of AR36 on them.

Yeah, and you know they probably had to edit out Phil making a big deal about the boards commemorating the 35th season, since they switched 'em up.
13 - 0
Fairview- Good point... I wonder if they're going to get them out of South America this season?
13 - 0
The 3 team alliance freezing out the 2 girl teams during the Meat Challenge was genius.
The 2 girl teams are annoying and not very bright.
Looked like the bubble soccer team took it easy on the old lady and let her score. I wonder how long the alliance is going to carry the old Mom?
The old wife on the yellow team was so annoyed at the old man. He lost each challenge for them and now they're gone. Her reaction when she saw the puzzle.... "Really?, it took you that long to do this?".... was priceless.
Fairview
AG
They 100% went easy on the older mom in the soccer game.

The other two teams using the mom and son for navigation knowing they can just beat them in any physical part is a pretty low risk alliance for them so a smart move.
safety guy
AG
The three team alliance will be great if they are at the bottom 3 in the last challenge in a leg. I want to see how they act then.
13 - 0
13 - 0
Southlake
Fairview said:

The other two teams using the mom and son for navigation knowing they can just beat them in any physical part is a pretty low risk alliance for them so a smart move.
Works both ways. The mom would have never gotten the race puzzle.

I think teams should be able to assist and team up but not give direct answers on challenges.

Couldn't stand Danny at first but really like him now. Still don't care for his mom.

Firefighters had great arms and smiles.

I was an AF Pilot too. These guys seem awful weak.

Gay Boys are a very solid team.

Spanish speakers have had a huge advantage all race long - something the producers have kinda downplayed.

Football player's wife is gorgeous.

Good season - no A-holes!
safety guy
AG
Southlake said:

Fairview said:

Works both ways. The mom would have never gotten the race puzzle.

I think teams should be able to assist and team up but not give direct answers on challenges.

Couldn't stand Danny at first but really like him now. Still don't care for his mom.

Firefighters had great arms and smiles.

I was an AF Pilot too. These guys seem awful weak.

Gay Boys are a very solid team.

Spanish speakers have had a huge advantage all race long - something the producers have kinda downplayed.

Football player's wife is gorgeous.

Good season - no A-holes!

The emergency room guy is a complete jerk. His girlfriend is completely beaten down mentally and really needs to leave him as soon as possible. It would be interesting to know if they are still together since the show is over a year old.
13 - 0
The teams are dropping out in expected order. The butch firewomen lost. They were good at the detours (except the mural one), but couldn't find their way out of a paperbag.
The gay blue boy and his Mom are starting to get some momentum, but all it will take is a physical detour to knock them out.
The football player is cool, but they're definitely middle of the pack. He has to keep her motivated. At times she acts like she doesn't care and wants to go home (but she is smoking' hot).
The pink team just needs to get their heads in the game and quit bickering (he's beaten her down). Play as a team. They could be Top 3.
The gay dudes and the pilots are definitely Top 2. I hope the pilot feels better, they were off their game this episode.
The lesbians are probably the next out.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.