*****SURVIVOR 46 OFFICIAL THREAD*****

8,045 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Rudyjax
13 - 0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go!
wangus12
AG
This entire group is weird lol
rhutton125
AG
Purple tribe is a mess! I like Kenzie alright but Banu is wild, Q is intense and Tiffany seems kind of mean with some of her confessionals.
13 - 0
On the Green Team- I think the alliance between the Mom and young kid is interesting.... we'll see where that goes.
rhutton125
AG
Can't believe we got an Ain't My ***** reference. The unexpected Metallica / Survivor crossover.
Ag87H2O
AG
They cry way too much. Buck up and play the game.

We need a good cut-throat villian to make it interesting.
G Martin 87
AG
rhutton125 said:

Purple tribe is a mess! I like Kenzie alright but Banu is wild, Q is intense and Tiffany seems kind of mean with some of her confessionals.
I was yelling "Put the tall people in the middle!" at the TV during the end of the challenge. They could have won easily, but for some reason kept putting Jess in the middle instead of one of the ends. Idiots.
The Porkchop Express
Bhanu was one angry gesture away from getting his ass cancelled.
Murder Hornet
AG
This is probably the worst cast for a survivor I've ever watched. The crying in this last episode after maybe 4 days on the island was eye rolling.

The only person I'm rooting for is Q but he's doomed with a crappy team. Yellow team is obnoxious
The Porkchop Express

Guy on EW.com made the wonderfully ironic point that if they had voted off Jess last week, Jalinsky probably wins them at least 2nd place this week using his height to hold up the letters.
rhutton125
AG
Get Banu the hell out of here! It's been tough to watch.
rhutton125
AG
*********it
13 - 0
That was the worst episode of Survivor that I have ever watched. What was that... the Banu show?
Geez, Man- have some self respect. I'm sure your family is real proud of you right now.

Let's move on.
double aught
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Guy on EW.com made the wonderfully ironic point that if they had voted off Jess last week, Jalinsky probably wins them at least 2nd place this week using his height to hold up the letters.
Nah, he would've quit when his arms got tired.
Tamuag04
AG
Yanu might possibly be the worst tribe in the history of the show.

Was this intentional? There is no way that is wasn't - Jalinsky, Jess AND Banu? Even an 'alpha' male of sorts like Q, an 'alpha' female like Tiffany and a cerebral meets social manipulative game player like Kenzie cannot even remotely offset the deplorable game play (if you want to call it that) of those three.

Hard to watch, yet fascinating...
The Porkchop Express
I think Bhanu is a lot closer to how many of us would be on Survivor than we care to admit. A huge fan who doesn't realize the other 22.5 hours of the day besides what makes it on TV are the parts of the game where you excel or you break. Guy has his heart on his sleeve, and I admire what he's built his life into, but he is a little painful to watch.

Q is playing hard and intense and really grasps what Bhanu could be for him. Rooting for him.
GrapevineAg
AG
In tonight's episode, during the 2nd competition, Jeff was throwing out Van Halen titles/lyrics: "Might as well Jump", "Diver Down", "Somebody Get Me a Doctor". Have no idea why, but it was kinda cool.
Quinn
AG
Two seasons in a row of one really terrible tribe, though i think the yellow tribe from last season was worse. I kind of wonder how Bhanu passed the psych evaluation. I like Q a lot of- he seems pretty sharp and has a great name (Quintavious), though he seems to get winded in the challenges. I guess their tribe is getting nothing to eat at all.

Next week should be a tribe swap, right?
Big Al 1992
AG
GrapevineAg said:

In tonight's episode, during the 2nd competition, Jeff was throwing out Van Halen titles/lyrics: "Might as well Jump", "Diver Down", "Somebody Get Me a Doctor". Have no idea why, but it was kinda cool.

Jeff did used to host Rock n Roll Jeopardy before he got the Survivor gig!
13 - 0
Banu was an absolute mess.... crying and begging on his knees; it was embarrassing to watch.... and two full episodes of that ****** bag?!?!?!
A nice success story, but good riddance.
rhutton125
AG
Yeah, good on Tiff for telling him to get off his knees.
TriumphForks
AG
We are on pace for worst season in survivor history lol. There is not a single person this season that is entertaining or that I care about and the first few eps have been an unmitigated crap show.
Big Al 1992
AG
…or that is hot.
rhutton125
AG
Mix it up next week and things will get interesting. But I agree - this has not been a fun watch.
Quinn
AG
Lots of camp counselors energy from the cast so far.
wangus12
AG
Only one I kind of like is the science teacher dude. But the rest of the cast is just unlikeable.
CheeseSndwch
When it comes to reality television I always considered Survivor to be less scripted/production influenced than other similar shows, but Bahnu (who apparently is an actor) felt completely fake. I refuse to believe anyone that calls themselves a supefan would have such a complete lack of self awareness.
Quinn
AG
Totally disagree. That was real, pathetic desperation in my opinion. It wasn't fun to watch, but it was real.
The Porkchop Express
CheeseSndwch said:

When it comes to reality television I always considered Survivor to be less scripted/production influenced than other similar shows, but Bahnu (who apparently is an actor) felt completely fake. I refuse to believe anyone that calls themselves a supefan would have such a complete lack of self awareness.

Guy comes from a culture of absolute honesty and is suddenly in his dream of playing survivor compared to a life spent on the streets of one of the worst countries in the world. They might have stayed on him too long but that was real. Painful, cathartic and real.
CheeseSndwch
I'll admit my contempt for how he was portrayed probably stems from the first 3.5 episodes focusing on him insistently but you bring up an interesting point about him being raised in the streets. He does not strike me as someone with street smarts. Also what exactly is his story? How did someone from the slums of India go to college and immigrate to the United States? Not saying it isn't possible but I suspect his life of poverty is just another embellished aspect of his personality which is why it all just feels so fake to me.
The Porkchop Express
CheeseSndwch said:

I'll admit my contempt for how he was portrayed probably stems from the first 3.5 episodes focusing on him insistently but you bring up an interesting point about him being raised in the streets. He does not strike me as someone with street smarts. Also what exactly is his story? How did someone from the slums of India go to college and immigrate to the United States? Not saying it isn't possible but I suspect his life of poverty is just another embellished aspect of his personality which is why it all just feels so fake to me.

Here's his interview with Dalton Ross, not a ton of background, but he seems pretty genuine
https://ew.com/survivor-46-bhanu-gopal-interview-coming-to-terms-8612177

But then the truth comes out, look who is an actor
https://www.backstage.com/u/bhanu-gopal/

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm14003069/
blackgoldag11
AG
Just watched, what a pathetic player. Terrible all around
G Martin 87
AG
His acting pages are really sparse. He's just an extra, and mostly in short films. IMDB says he's 5'10"? No way. Survivor made him look at least 6'3". Calling him an actor is pretty generous. But good for him, though. His agent should be able to get him some more exposure now.
Big Al 1992
AG
Horrible player. Over the top. And he may have a great story and been honest, but his million dollars/million hearts line was totally scripted - he repeated it several times over the course of 3 episodes. I'll bet money at the reunion show finale he'll have a tshirt on that says that.
And his story may be tough and he's been through a lot, but also rehearsed. So rehearsed. He was just hoping to make it to the jury so it could use it at the final tribal with a larger audience. Instead he had to use it at a tribal council when he knew he was out. He said several times "I have to tell my story". Ok he did, he's out, the show can move on.
Johnsy3
AG
The most annoying part of the "win a million hearts" thing, even moreso than the repetition, the crying, the terrible gameplay, is that he didn't even try to do that either! Were you a good listener to your tribe? Did you build shelter, find coconuts, or fish to help out? Were you uplifting and kind? No. You were whiny. The worst "super fan" in history.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.