New Guitar Day

307,225 Views | 4176 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by dave99ag
StoutAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

StoutAg said:

There's a Sam Ash close to my office. I thought about stopping by, but I had read about only 5% off. I can just call someone at Swee****er or Guitar center and get more than 5% off.

Probably why they are closing lol
haha - true!
maroon barchetta
We got a delivery from Guitar Center today. It's the box of strings I ordered from Musicians Friend stupid deal of the day the other day

This one was shipped from my local guitar center. The last one came from much further away.

The strings at bottom were from my order several months back. The strings at top are from today's arrival.

This box looks like it's been on the dash of a GC delivery truck or in a window at the store. Maybe a display case that faces the front door.

The string packaging looks different on today's arrival.

Everything is intact and they should be fine but this is just sad.

Aggie Therapist
AG
Free to a good home.

Round Rock pick-up. I'll meet up with you around North Austin. It's a great little device and works perfect, just dont use it any more.

maroon barchetta
Musicians Friend is doing stupid deal of the hour today. It's probably good I didn't know that until now.
TequilaMockingbird
PSA- If you're ever headed to Big Bend NP and go through Alpine be sure to check out Far West Guitars. An unexpected guitar oasis in the desert. He has a good selection of used and some vintage stuff collected from guitar shows, consignment sales, etc. He had a couple of nice Heritage guitars, A killer Les Paul Standard, Robin Ranger, a nice ash American Tele, a couple of PRS SEs, Taylor acoustics, and so on. A real nice guy too.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100086302976608
maroon barchetta
My wife wants to go to Big Bend. This helps me want to plan the trip.
dave99ag
AG
Will at Far West Guitars is great! We stop by often to chat and see what's new. Picked up a Fulltone OCD 1.4 '07 from him this weekend.

He had a huge scare yesterday due to a multi-building fire on Holland. Several businesses are a complete loss. Messaged him last night and everything appears to be ok with his shop.

Keep the Alpine community in your thoughts.

TequilaMockingbird
I saw a pic of an SUV loaded up with guitars, so I assume it was getting scary enough to bail out.
dave99ag
AG
I'm sure he grabbed everything he could. The fire could have easily spread over to his shop. Folks were trying to save as much of the artwork from the galleries that burned down.

He's got a pretty cool '98 P-Bass that some is donating the proceeds to those impacted by the fire. I'm tempted to buy it to help out in any way I can.

When were you at the shop? We came in early Saturday afternoon.
ravingfans
AG
Purple Gibsons!

https://www.guitarplayer.com/news/gibson-dark-purple-burst-series-24
TequilaMockingbird
dave99ag said:

When were you at the shop? We came in early Saturday afternoon.
It was probably around 2:00 o'clock thereabouts.
dave99ag
AG
If you saw a guy, his wife, and a bouncing 8yr old boy, that was us. A couple was headed out as we came in.
First Page Refresh
Page 120 of 120

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.