Best movie you've seen that no one has ever heard of?

26,413 Views | 236 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Thunder18
Street_Cred_Norm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wrist cutters: After love story
Rudderless
HarleySpoon
AG
et98 said:

The Castle

An Australian film about a lower-middle class family whose back yard butts up against a major airport. When the airport wants to expand, the town forces them to sell their house through eminent domain. The father of this family of lovable losers fights the city and takes it all the way to Australia's equivalent of the Supreme Court. It's freaking hilarious but extremely moving & touching at the same time.
Fantastic movie!
Bruce Almighty
AG
Not unheard of, but Drive is an excellent movie. The Mating Habits of the Earthbound Human is a riot.
MandoArms
I've always loved "The World's Fast Indianl with Anthony Hopkins. Great story and a great film.
AgShaun00
AG
I know it has Shia Labeouf, but the "Greatest game ever played" is one of my favorites.
MarkItZero
AG
Grand Canyon (1991)

"All of life's riddles are answered in the movies."
BigN--00
AG
Here are a few good movies that are a little less commonly known:

Vision Quest
Swimming with Sharks
Timer
Dancer, TX: Pop. 81
Mystery, Alaska
Roger Dodger
Bottle Rocket
Kissing Jessica Stein
In Good Company
D.E.B.S.
North Shore
The Hudsucker Proxy
Thank You for Smoking
12 Dates of Christmas --TV Movie
Max Power
AG
atag said:

I'll second green street hooligans....loved that.

My vote will always be for out cold. The only time I ever saw a movie in the theatre alone because we had just moved. Laughed my butt off and started following Zach Galifianakis comedy show after that.
One of my all time favorites.

I was there. Yeah, it was called the '80s. Ford was President, Nixon was in the White House and FDR was running this country into the ground. I was bummin' in a hole-in-a-wall town in what is now called Utah. Some fella from Colorado shows up, starts making so called "improvements", right? Before we knew what hit us, the streets are running with latte's. It got so bad that a fella that liked to, you know... smoke a little grass or drink a little ripple. Crow like a rooster, maybe challenge the mayor's son to a gentlemen's duel, was "uncouth, against God." More like bad real estate values. Stumpy had to go!
GreasenUSA
AG
The Art of Self-Defense

Any other recent movies that have been somewhat overlooked in the last 4 years?
AgPediRPh
AG
Complete Idiot said:

Watched "A Face in the Crowd" a few years ago, it's a late 50's movie with Andy Griffith of all people. A film about politics and Charisma that is still relevant today. Even more so today than when I watched
Brilliant movie. And so relevant in 2020.
lazuras_dc
AG
Has anyone heard of Parasite ?
Thought it was good.
gggmann
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Has anyone heard of Parasite ?
Thought it was good.
You talking about the 80's one that was in 3D?
dcAg
I miss FAST FRED.
Burrus86
AG
Gigem314
AG
Woodlawn
phatbc
The One I Love
rhutton125
AG
It's maybe not applicable and has already been mentioned but Nightcrawler is great.

Short Term 12

Old Kurosawa stuff you don't hear as often - Red Beard and Throne of Blood, etc.
evan_aggie
AG
Nebraska, with Bruce Dern and Will Forte.

Reno Hightower
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
IIIHorn
Harold And Maude
mslags97
AG
On recommendation from this thread, I just finished The Salton Sea. Great movie. Loved it
HoustonAg2106
AG
It's a Disaster
CrottyKid
AG
Through Black Spruce

Saw it on a transpacific flight and liked it, but it could have been terrible as I was starved for entertainment at that time.

A young Cree indian woman goes looking for her missing sister in the big city. Meanwhile, her uncle deals with related problems back home in the wilds of Canada. Both must use their commom sense and native heritage to solve the mystery.
ConsolTigerAg92
AG
Brick.

Rian Johnson's first flick I believe. Really good.

Stive
AG
I never remembered hearing about it much in the 80's but maybe I lived under a rock:

No Way Out.

Kevin Costner working for the secretary of defense in a political thriller. Really fun movie.
BigHitterDaLama
Hard Candy
Stive
AG
JCRiley09 said:

Anyone else seen Knockaround Guys with Vin Diesel, Seth Green, Barry Pepper, John Malkovich and Dennis Hopper? Lots of big names, but definitely seems under the radar. It was the first R rated movie I ever snuck into and maybe that's why I still love it.

The bar fight scene is one of my favorite fight scenes of all time. I don't even really like Vin Diesel but I bet I've watched that scene alone on YouTube as much or more than any one scene from any one movie. Just the epitome of a guy that bit off more than he could chew and got his ass HANDED to him.
Thunder18
AG
The Proposition
Hunt for the Wilderpeople

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.