The Accountant

7,463 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggie Infantry
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Surprised there's no thread yet.

I loved it. It's original, smart, and always feels one step ahead of me. Not your typical, "by the numbers" action flick. (Pun intended.)

Anyone else seen it?
Duncan Idaho
Loved it. No idea why it is at 51 on rotten tomatoes.

the brother being the other guy seemed forced and the voice was predictable but I loved that the love interest didn't really happen

Zemira
AG
I'm going to guess it has nothing to do with being an actual accountant correct?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Incorrect
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You're half right.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I saw the movie yesterday morning and really liked it. I would argue that I am completely right and the term "accountant" was used metaphorically as well as literally- but of course that is only my opinion.
chipotle
M.C. Swag
AG
It was on the ridiculous side, but was still an enjoyable flick. The action was John wick-esque and the humor was on point.

50% on RT is absurd. The movie is definitely worth a watch and I'd bet most a large majority of people would like it.

As a forensic accountant, I appreciated the subtle accounting humor. (By far the most realistic part of the movie was the client getting pissed when Affleck requested his PBCs lol)
jimscott85
AG
M.C. Swag said:

It was on the ridiculous side, but was still an enjoyable flick. The action was John wick-esque and the humor was on point.

50% on RT is absurd. The movie is definitely worth a watch and I'd bet most a large majority of people would like it.

As a forensic accountant, I appreciated the subtle accounting humor. (By far the most realistic part of the movie was the client getting pissed when Affleck requested his PBCs lol)
Did they actually use the term "PBC"? If so, that's an awesome inside joke for dorky CPAs.
Zemira
AG
If they used PBCs I might have to go see the movie.
Duncan Idaho
The action sequences are More Bourne than Wick
RebAg13
AG
It held my attention. Partly because there was a lot going on, but would give it a solid B for being somewhat unique
Sex Panther
AG
It was entertaining. Think it could have been great but got a little bogged down with a pretty ridiculous and convoluted story and the forced connected stuff with the brother... But good action and a very unique story.
annie88
AG
I thought it was very good. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Affleck did a great job in this one.
HeadGames
AG
Surprisingly good.
PJYoung
AG
I really liked it even tho it was a bit ridiculous at times. When it did get ridiculous they seemed to do it with a wink and a nod though.

It felt like a superhero genesis to me. I expect The Accountant part two soon.
benMath08
AG
Saw it yesterday, really liked it as well.
AggieLitigator
Great movie
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Good movie.
Bulldog73
AG
Saw it with the wife last night, she called the big twist pretty early on. There were some things I hadn't even noticed until she pointed it out in the way home.

It was ridiculous, and unrealistic, but entertaining.
oldvalleyrat
AG
Can't bear to watch anything with Ben Affleck in it.
Sex Panther
AG
oldvalleyrat said:

Can't bear to watch anything with Ben Affleck in it.

Affleck is the bomb in everything yo
mslags97
AG
I caught the twist very early on, but I still thought it was great. I have to say, I have become a big Affleck fan. Couldn't stand him early on, but since I think The Town, I have pretty much enjoyed everything he's done, except for Batman v Superman. He was, in my opinion, the sole highlight of that though.
nickstro66
AG
Saw it tonight and I loved it! Very entertaining movie!
aggiebrad94
AG
Watched it yesterday and really, really liked it. I haven't been told I look similar to him in a number of years but since he gained a little weight for this movie and was clean shaven, there are some similarities to our profiles.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
I got a good laugh at the line about a depreciation schedule with HUNDREDS of items.
M.C. Swag
AG
Bob Loblaws Law Blog said:

I got a good laugh at the line about a depreciation schedule with HUNDREDS of items.

Yea but, he didn't even have excel man!
FancyKetchup14
AG
I saw this yesterday and thought it was really good as well. Can't believe it's in the 50% on RT. I've come to like Jon Bernthal more and more as an actor. He was such a tool in TWD I couldn't stand the guy but after Daredevil/Fury/Wolf of Wall Street he's grown on me.

Bockaneer
AG
just caught it last night- pretty good flick reminiscent of a youth spent watching Arnold and Sylvester blockbusters: entertainment
Dro07
AG
I liked the Batman vs Punisher show off! Vigilante Justice... can't wait for part 2
captkirk
AG
Zemira said:

If they used PBCs I might have to go see the movie.
They did
captkirk
AG
Imagine if Rainman was a highly trained killer. I enjoyed it.
Ags #1
AG
Man some you are buzzkills.
PooDoo
AG
I caught the brother twist when he was walking out of the Designing Woman's house... did not see the voice coming.
YouBet
AG
Very enjoyable movie. This never happens to me but I somehow didn't see the twist on the brother until the end when they revealed it at Lithgow's house. And yet the while movie I'm asking myself, "when is his brother going to show up?"
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.