-----Spoiling Dead: The 7th Season-----

10,554 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ol Jock 99
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No Whiners Allowed.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Ok, who is your money on?

-Glenn...the natural choice
-Abraham...character seemed to be winding down and he's already dead by this point in the books

Previews show The Kingdom, so I'm guessing this season will end with the big battle that takes down KneeGan.
RAT90
AG
Will it be a half season to take down Neegan and then a half season setting up the Whisperers? The end of the season shows the territorial "border"?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Not opposed to that, but it seems like a lot of real estate for a show not known to move very quickly.
Aggiehunter34
S
Afraid it is Glenn
Dro07
AG
Let it be Glenn and get it over with
RAT90
AG
I am still pissed Abraham is alive!
BTHOB
AG
0% chance it is Glenn.
Olsen
AG
Someone near Rick from his right side.
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
My guess is the whisperers don't show up until the second half or end of season 8. They can and probably will stretch Negan out two seasons. He shows up in issue 100 and the war ends in issue 126, which is more than 1 season's worth of material. Plus it would be exhausting to get yet another big villain in a year.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Agreed. No way Neegan only gets one season.
RAT90
AG
I want it to go long, but what will happen in the half season finale if the season finale is the big war? That would make the whisperers introduced in the first half of next season. Even though Neegan is defeated this season he will still play a part next season.
Ol Jock 99
AG
So book 13 just came out. It is amazing how little ground it covered. It is obvious that Kirkman and crew are focused on tv and not on what got them there.
Dro07
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

So book 13 just came out. It is amazing how little ground it covered. It is obvious that Kirkman and crew are focused on tv and not on what got them there.

Where does book 13 start? After the war with negan? I stopped reading it after that.
RAT90
AG
I read the compendiums which stopped with 144. That ends with the marking of territories between Rick and the whisperers.
Ol Jock 99
AG
RAT90 said:

I read the compendiums which stopped with 144. That ends with the marking of territories between Rick and the whisperers.

Book 13 starts immediately after that. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a cross reference to the issue numbers.
KeithDBsSock
Not really spoiling, just speculating and explaining my rationale from hints from last season. In my view the person killed is . . . Abraham. What's more, Eugene is a traitor. Hear me out. There are a variety of mysterious factoids I have strung together here. Start with the premise that Eugene is a really smart guy, and has become (as emphasized in last episode of last season) a survivor. He has figured out how powerful the Saviors are and allied with them because he knows they are the real power and best chance for survival. We also know that Eugene is quite capable of deceiving those close to him, for a long time, to achieve his ends. That's how he teamed up with Abraham to begin with as he played his "if you can just get me to DC I can fix this" virologist con.

The most compelling evidence is that The Saviors were always one step ahead of the good guys suggesting they had an insider. Well, guess who was in charge of the map? You guessed it, Eugene set them on every route they took, routes that ended with Saviors in front of them in progressively greater numbers. Did you notice that Eugene added himself to this mission to The Hilltop at the last minute at his own insistence?

Eugene needs to be separated from the main group before any potential large battle so he isn't hurt in a gun battle crossfire, so who comes up with the plan to separate him from the main group? Eugene does. His plan to set the main group off in dark the rest of the way while Eugene alone diverts the bad guys with the RV should work, unless the Saviors have advance notice of it. It doesn't work as apparently The Saviors do have advance notice. Our heroes blunder on foot into a well laid Savior trap that could only exist if the Saviors had advance notice of what they were doing. That notice came from Eugene.

As the party departs from the RV there is a fake tender moment as the party is convinced Eugene's staying with the RV is a noble, self sacrificing gesture almost certain to get him killed. We then have a private moment with Eugene where his emotions are emphasized. He frowns, but then smiles with resolve. At the time we think he is smiling in acceptance of his fate. I think that moment was all about a tinge of regret at what he was doing to his former friends followed by his acceptance that it will be good for him and a bit of pride that his treacherous plan is working perfectly.

Of course, we see Eugene at the Savior ambush point apparently captured by the Saviors. He's a little beat up, but not much. Notably we didn't actually see him get captured by the Saviors. There's a reason for that. He wasn't captured, he just rejoined his allies. He's roughed up a bit as part of the charade because Negan plans to continue to use him as a mole to monitor what goes on in Alexandria.

Notably, that is at least the second time Eugene is captured off screen by The Saviors after arranging for himself to be alone. The first is in the warehouse where Eugene discloses his plan to Abraham to make bullets. Eugene tried to go there alone, because the real purpose was to meet and plan with Saviors, but Abraham insisted on coming. Eugene insults him into leaving once they get there, leaving him alone to be "captured" off screen, isn't that convenient.

Once captured he is used as a faux hostage so he can be reunited with the group as a hero with his loyalty unquestioned and the plans now laid with The Saviors for him to lure the group into their clutches. I would not be surprised if Eugene isn't responsible for Maggie's sudden illness by some sort of poisoning. This forces the group to make the run for The Hilltop that The Saviors seem to know was going to happen. Indeed, the Saviors even seem to have foreknowledge of the spontaneous foray led Daryl, as if they must have a mole working for them in Alexandria. I suggest that they do.

And about the bullet manufacturing, there's no set up that our heroes in Alexandria have any particular shortage. Yes, Eugene notes that they are "finite" but it seems awful forward planning for them running from one crisis to another. I submit that the group short on bullets is The Saviors and Eugene has offered that service to them, that the people of Alexandria will be providing the labor for.

So why is the victim Abraham? Because Abraham nearly beat Eugene to death and Eugene has not forgotten it. His deal with Negan includes Negan taking out Abraham with Lucille. Eugene gets the security of The Saviors and revenge on Abraham in one tight neat little package. He is, after all, a really smart guy.

Anyway, that's my little pet theory. Fire away.
aggietoolman
AG
The rumors are Abe and Glen die. Neither have been seen filming thus far.
redsquirrelAG
AG
I just don't see how they can verge from the comics on this one. Too much down the road is set up by this scene. But after watching the three minute preview and the way Neegan goes on and on about a right hand man, it makes you wonder? Who would you consider Ricks #2? His right hand man? Daryl without a doubt right? Abe more so than Glen IMO. Will be intersting to see where they go.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

The name of this episode refers to a line spoken by Dr. Jenner in the episode "TS-19" in season one when Jenner traps Rick and the others in the control room of the C.D.C. After finally freeing Rick and the others and giving them a chance to live, Jenner tells Rick that "There's your chance," to which Rick replies that he's "grateful." Jenner then counters that "The day will come when you won't be." The horrific events of this episode are what Jenner was referring to.
If they're calling back to season 1, it makes me think its Glenn since he was there during that time.
aggietoolman
AG
From another site:

There are two Lucille Victims. And it's pretty obvious who they are. If you've seen Ninja's Spoiler Journal, you had it pegged weeks ago. So let me disclaimer this: according to the filming schedule and our own ****ing brains, Abe will be killed first, followed by Glenn. Daryl, who tries to interfere, will be taken by Negan and will apparently not like dog food sandwiches
AMW2010
AG
Since the thread title is spoiling dead...

Click at your own discretion....

[SP]Q & A for Episode 7 x 01.

Q: Who gets Lucilled?
A: Abe & then Glenn.

Q: Why does Negan kill the second victim?
A: Daryl gets angry because Negan taunts a crying Rosita. So he tries to get up and go at Negan. Negan has to prove he means what he says.

Q: Does Rick lose a hand?
A: No.

Q: What happens to Rick in the RV?
A: A lot of mind games from Negan. No physical injury to Rick by Negan although Negan does toss him into a small herd of walkers.

Q: Will the deaths be in flashbacks?
A: Kind of.

Q: Do we actually see the bashing? If so, when?
A: Yes. The episode should start just after the bashing occurs. That's what we see in the sneak peek. About 20 minutes in, we should jump back to just before that and see how it happens. Then we will catch back up to present time.

Q: Does anything happen to Carl?
A: Negan tells Rick he must chop Carl's arm off so that he'll truly realize Negan is in control. Rick eventually becomes resigned to do it but at the last second, Negan stops him. Mind **** complete.

Q: What happens to Glenn & Abe's bodies?
A: Team family is forced to move the bodies into the truck themselves to be taken away to Hilltop.

Q: What's the deal with the whole "dream sequence" thing?
A: There are a few moments where Rick flashes to a non-existent future where Glenn and Abe are still alive and the entire group, including Maggie & Glenn's baby, are around the dinner table. (As well as a pregnant Sasha with Abe. ) {/sp}Q & A for Episode 7 x 01.

Q: Who gets Lucilled?
A: Abe & then Glenn.

Q: Why does Negan kill the second victim?
A: Daryl gets angry because Negan taunts a crying Rosita. So he tries to get up and go at Negan. Negan has to prove he means what he says.

Q: Does Rick lose a hand?
A: No.

Q: What happens to Rick in the RV?
A: A lot of mind games from Negan. No physical injury to Rick by Negan although Negan does toss him into a small herd of walkers.

Q: Will the deaths be in flashbacks?
A: Kind of.

Q: Do we actually see the bashing? If so, when?
A: Yes. The episode should start just after the bashing occurs. That's what we see in the sneak peek. About 20 minutes in, we should jump back to just before that and see how it happens. Then we will catch back up to present time.

Q: Does anything happen to Carl?
A: Negan tells Rick he must chop Carl's arm off so that he'll truly realize Negan is in control. Rick eventually becomes resigned to do it but at the last second, Negan stops him. Mind **** complete.

Q: What happens to Glenn & Abe's bodies?
A: Team family is forced to move the bodies into the truck themselves to be taken away to Hilltop.

Q: What's the deal with the whole "dream sequence" thing?
A: There are a few moments where Rick flashes to a non-existent future where Glenn and Abe are still alive and the entire group, including Maggie & Glenn's baby, are around the dinner table. (As well as a pregnant Sasha with Abe. [/SP]
KeithDBsSock
Interesting. Still wondering about my theory that Eugene is a mole for the Saviors.
Dro07
AG
where did you get that from?

Interesting that they take out 2 cast members in 1 scene.
Olsen
AG
So it's Abraham and Glenn eh?
aggietoolman
AG
There was a YouTube video out there that has the complete episode written out. It matches what has been posted here.
redsquirrelAG
AG
That would catch the show up to the comics more so with Characters and their deaths. And would add more suspense and brutality to the scene and show. Looking forward to this new chapter of the show.
JAggie2007
AG
Welp, it wasn't Glenn.
JAggie2007
AG
JAggie2007 said:

Welp, it wasn't Glenn.
Nevermind.
Ol Jock 99
AG
the casting of KneeGan is perfect.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Aaaaaand the comic whining has already started. Despite the only reference to the comic being "man, that did the comics justice!" (Which it did)

I get being pissed about spoilers, but texags is the only place I know that requires a fantasy land "the source matter doesn't exist" attitude.
wangus12
AG
So with that, I'm curious with how they'll end the Neegan plotline. People will want blood and locking him away won't be justice in their minds.
cupcakesprinkles
AG
The show knocked it out of the park last night. The one scene with Glenn's eye coming out was straight out of the comics with pretty much everything Negan said as well. That to me was one of the biggest scenes in the whole show/comic and they did an excellent job last night. They had me wondering during a couple of parts if Rick's wrist was in danger but I guess since it is still attached to him that Kirkman has decided he wants to keep it attached to him. I wonder if they are going to have Maggie have a miscarriage since Judith is already here and I can't see two babies in the show? Daryl is obviously the wildcard since we have no idea what his storyline will be in any episode.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I'm honestly curious what the master plan is for the show. Season 7 is a long time. The books have REALLY slowed down too.
wangus12
AG
I kinda think Kirkman has basically gone to the show. It makes him more money than the comics and he has really slowed with his writing. Definitely looks to be heading like GoT where they'll pass the comics completely.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.