Storks -- newest animation movie, big thumbs up.

1,737 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by chipotle
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Loved it. Great for kids and parents.
Should be a huge hit this time of year.

Favorite character -- Pigeon Toady. So awkward, and trying so hard for everyone to think he's cool. Guarantee someone you know will come to mind when this guy shows up.

Favorite scene -- fight scene with the penguins (darker penguins than the recent, lovable 'penguin' movies) when everyone is trying to stay quiet, to keep from waking the baby.

Cast[edit]
  • Andy Samberg as Junior, a white stork working at Cornerstore as the company's top delivery stork.
  • Katie Crown as Tulip, the only human worker at Cornerstore.
  • Kelsey Grammer as Hunter, a white stork and the executive CEO of Cornerstore.
  • Keegan-Michael Key & Jordan Peele as Alpha and Beta, the leaders of the Wolf Pack, a tribe consisting of 100 wolves.
  • Anton Starkman as Nate Gardner, a boy whose parents are busy and is surrounded by brotherhoods leaving him lonely.
  • Jennifer Aniston as Sarah Gardner, Nate's mother who opposes the idea of a brother for work reasons.
  • Ty Burrell as Henry Gardner, Nate's father who supports the idea of a brother for family reasons.
  • Stephen Kramer Glickman as Pigeon Toady, a vicious pigeon working at Cornerstore, going after Junior and Tulip to stop the delivery of the baby.
  • Danny Trejo as Jasper, a giant stork working at Cornerstore.
jamesf
AG
I took my boys to it today on a whim, and was pleasantly surprised. It had a good family-friendly message and was pretty funny as well. Key and Peele as the Alpha and Beta wolves were great. I was in tears when the wolf pack formed a "wolf bridge" due to the sheer ridiculousness of it.
Pro Ag
AG
Also thought it was really good. Disagree about the pigeon being favorite character. I would have enjoyed it more if they dropped him and just did more of everything else.
schmendeler
AG
Interesting. The trailers made it look pretty avoidable.
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
You're right on that.

EVERY new animated movie that comes out each weekend puts me into algorithm mode -- if the family should spend time and money on the show?

Quite often I'm surprised. Recently with:

The Big Friendly Giant -- some of the best casting I've ever experienced for vocals (and animation was FANTASTIC)
If you liked the Fantastic Fox movie, you'll probably like this (different director, but similar style)

and

Storks -- Just really well produced movies with kids, adolescents, young (single) adults, and parents in mind.
chipotle
What about the Snorks?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.