Pitch

2,350 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by mm98
chipotle
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Fox's new fall comedy
Sex Panther
AG
6 seasons and a movie
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Wife watched it tonight. I was reading my digital book (king killer chronicle, highly t commend) and was glancing up periodically.....,******* that was awful. How many lame ass cliches and tropes could they fit into that hour.
Icecream_Ag
S
solid curveball at the end of the episode.

So far this is saved from being the worst new show by Lethal Weapon (looking for McGuyver to make another save here), but it has a long way to go to catch up to the next worst show in The Good Place.
Professor Frick
AG
As others have said, I'll give good place a pass for the first half dozen episodes because of Michael Schur
FtBendTxAg
AG
LOL at this show even happening
chipotle
quote:
solid curveball at the end of the episode

Ha...everyone saw that coming. I'm done with this train wreck. Time to add it to the pile of shows that never had a chance(macguyver, lethal weapon, etc.).
chipotle
It's still on. LMAO
Icecream_Ag
S
chipotle said:

It's still on. LMAO
it got not as bad,
then worse,
then back to not as bad

we are due for a swing back to horrible pretty soon.
BEaggie08
AG
I'll watch anything with Zack Morris...and Ali Larter isn't bad to look at either.
Whitetail
AG
Terrible concept
Al Bula
AG
Good tv on the big 3 (or 4) networks is dead
mm98
AG
My wife watches it. I had serious issues in episode 1 when they described the throwing motion of a circle change, and called it a screwball.
Icecream_Ag
S
mm98 said:

My wife watches it. I had serious issues in episode 1 when they described the throwing motion of a circle change, and called it a screwball.
Yeah, I learned that pitch in little league and it was effective for one batter.

I have kept with it cause it's a break from cop/law shows.
WoMD
Icecream_Ag said:

mm98 said:

Yeah, I learned that pitch in little league and it was effective for one batter.

Then you weren't doing it right. A good circle change can be a money pitch.

Although it's not a screwball it can have similar movement. A slider cutting away and a circle change trailing inwards and down gives good offspeed options for batters from both sides of the plate.
Icecream_Ag
S
WoMD said:

Icecream_Ag said:

mm98 said:

Then you weren't doing it right. A good circle change can be a money pitch.

Although it's not a screwball it can have similar movement. A slider cutting away and a circle change trailing inwards and down gives good offspeed options for batters from both sides of the plate.
everyone in our little league learned it at the same time (baseball camp at the HS), and it was the only "breaking" pitch most of us had. Pretty easy to sit on it when most pitchers throw fastball, fastball, change.
mm98
AG
I realize thy have similar movements (I was a catcher all my life) but the grip and hand position are very different.

It's not a huge deal...just something that really irked my with my baseball background.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.