Show's you watch out of habit

4,370 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by permabull
GoAgs92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I nominate the Big Bang Theory as a show me and the wife just watch out of habit, it hasn't really been funny for a couple years.

Last night's episode was crap, not one laugh, a bunch of mean spirited insults between Leonard's parents and sexual innuendo with Sheldon's mom, topped with bunch of insults on Penny's brother, who used to work at 30 Rock, from Peg Bundy.

what a lazily written mess.
95_Aggie
AG
That was a terrible episode. Just a bunch of yelling. What a waste of Katie Sagal, Jack McBrayer and Dean Norris.
LHIOB
AG
Gotham is one for me. Its so bad its good.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Homeland and The Simpsons
Btron
AG
Modern Family
Ballers
SbisaVictim95
AG
GoT and Walking Dead
millertyme
AG
quote:
GoT and Walking Dead
Redstone has a sock?!?!
Professor Frick
AG
quote:
GoT and Walking Dead

I watch GoT out of habit. Not that I don't think it's a good show, I just never really look forward to it the way I do other shows. I enjoy the hell out of each episode while I'm watching it, but I never really get too excited for the next episode, because I just don't really care all that much about any of the characters.
E.KingTrill
For me and my GF it's Friends.

We can almost quote every episode...
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I watch so few shows anymore, if I lose interest in something I just stop watching.

I think the only thing that I watch out of habit without really caring about anymore is Jeopardy. But that's because the wife is watching it when I come home from work.
DG-Ag
AG
Modern Family - if it hasn't already it's close to jumping the shark.

And there's this show on USA called "Motive." I'm convinced my wife and I are the only two watching that show.
Rex Racer
AG
Up until this week, it was "Tyrant". Now, the habit is broken.
TexasAggies06
AG
There's way too much good TV on these days to watch something out of habit. If you find yourself not liking a show anymore, ditch it and move on. I did this a few episodes into Modern Family last season and haven't missed it one bit.
CDub06
AG
I ditched Fear of the Walking Dead. What a travesty of a show.

But I do still watch Big Bang Theory - mainly when I'm sitting in the hotel working. It's predictable background noise.
Bunk Moreland
I cut all of that out a few years back. As soon as I realize I don't care...it's gone.
taxpreparer
AG
The local ten pm news. Can't go to sleep without it.
Dr. Horrible
Legends of Tomorrow, and only because of the connection to the other shows.
Kashchei
AG
I used to watch Deadliest Catch all the time. Yeah it was the same thing over and over again, but it held my interest. I stopped cold turkey about two seasons ago. I don't know what is was, but I had just had enough. Time to move on to something else.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
I used to watch Deadliest Catch all the time. Yeah it was the same thing over and over again, but it held my interest. I stopped cold turkey about two seasons ago. I don't know what is was, but I had just had enough. Time to move on to something else.

Yep. That's one of the ones I did the same with a while back.
tk for tu juan
Big Brother, fills the gap before college football.
oragator
The Josh's ruined that show.

I used to watch the biggest loser, and when that chick came on with borderline anorexia at the finale that was the end there.
Dro07
AG
Serious Lee
ray donovan is like a chore to me now. the last 2 seasons have been inexplicably bad considering the cast they have to work with.
rhoswen
AG
I dunno if it's so uch "habit" as "I started it so I'm gonna finish it" but mine are Zoo and The Last Ship.
The Collective
AG
My wife watches/keeps the TV on Law & Order when nobody is actively watching it. It haunts my dreams.
GoAgs92
AG
I also used to Watch the original CSI out of habit...even the main guy got out of there before me.

boy09
AG
quote:

Yep. It hasn't been that good since about season 3, but I still continued to watch it. Finally gave up last season.
Max Power
AG
60 Minutes, I love it. Sucks that so many of them have died over the last few years.
3 William 56
AG
College GameDay.
MW03
AG
Another vote for Big Bang Theory. It makes for good dinner background noise.
caleblyn
Last night's BBT...

I laughed at the recap of last season's finale more than I did for last night's actual episode. I agree, not very good.

Need to get back to being geeky goofballs.
Shelton98
AG
Bar Rescue pulls me in and won't let go.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
After they got off the island in Lost.

The 4th season of Prison Break.
DG-Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Yep. It hasn't been that good since about season 3, but I still continued to watch it. Finally gave up last season.
Well, watched the season premier last night and I may be ready to pull the plug. All the kids are getting too old. Manny and Luke are ultra annoying. When Lilly was little the attitude was cute. Not so much anymore. And the kid that plays Joe absolutely creeps me out with the way he looks and talks. Seems like he should be playing the devil-possessed toddler in a horror movie.
GoAgs92
AG
it was like a plot straight out of 3's company from the 70's.

once Gloria stops showing cleavage..it's over
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.